Poll: Do you want to participate in the GW2 beta?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I would like to - but I never get into betas so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to try it out but won't create the character type i plan to play on so that can be my rush when it goes live. I would also like to help flush out any bugs so when it does go live it is as polished as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted yes but would have appreciated a less enthusiastic Yes option .

Being a veteran from the original GW beta days I'd love to test GW2 and see how it's coming along and do what I can to make it better :]

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    I would like to try it out but won't create the character type i plan to play on so that can be my rush when it goes live. I would also like to help flush out any bugs so when it does go live it is as polished as possible.
    Good idea, given the opportunity to play in beta I'd definitely do a race/profession combo I otherwise would not do on live.

Yes, simply because I want to get the look of my human down pat before launch so I'm not stuck in character creation for hours during launch. Also, to see if it's worth my money, obviously.

I'm like you OP, any spoilers would ruin it for me. Mainly because I hate leveling form the bottom of my heart and to repeat it would be such a bore
    I might roll some other race then I had intentions of though, just to test out how movement mechanics, interacting with the game and finding out how many keybvinds I need and work things out so I can jump straight into the game when it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yes, simply because I want to get the look of my human down pat before launch so I'm not stuck in character creation for hours during launch. Also, to see if it's worth my money, obviously.
    I have a good feeling that it will indeed be worth your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I'll play a race and proff that I don't like. Like Asura Necro... Or Engineer...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Probably not. I've been in several betas before and I got burnt out on those games before the game even came out.

If I happened to get a beta invite it would take a lot of willpower to not play it though.

To all the people saying they don't want to play it to spoil the surprise of the real thing I'd just like to note that we have been told already that the open beta will only run for a very short time, as in, a few weeks before the full release of the game. That meaning that the open beta will basically BE the full release so really you're not spoiling anything. You will be playing a near fully completed game so this argument really doesn't make any sense.

That being said however if I were to play beta (and I likely won't since I'm not really a big beta fan) I'd likely just toss a character together to see if I like it as I still am unsure what I want to play race/class wise, just too many options I like.

Yes, I would love to help test it. Specifically the WvWvW stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to but don't think I would, I'd love to just mess around with the character creation if only that.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Yeah, but I'd only test out PvP content and give feedback based on class abilities, map design etc thus leaving the story and DE events unknown to me for when I can fully play the game =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew a lot of people would vote yes, but for me it's a no. I was in Wrath beta and it completely ruined levels 70-74 for me. After I actually got the game on release, it felt like a grind for those first 4 levels. I will not be in the GW2 beta.

As a matter of fact, when is someone going to create a witty "NO BETA CLUB" signature for GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I have a good feeling that it will indeed be worth your money.
    It should be, but I'm reserving my opinions until I've had a hands on with the game. I try to be mindful of what I buy anymore, especially after getting burned on games in the past. I'd rather have $60 dollars of groceries than a game I don't like.

Deleted
    YES! I can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it'd ruin the game, and I prefer to eat my cake once it's cooked...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Judging by the fact I'll be playing WoW-MoP , Diablo III and possibly Star Wars, I'm gonna want to test this before i dive into a 4 game spin

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Yes, but I'll play a race and proff that I don't like. Like Asura Necro... Or Engineer...
    Exactly what I was going to say. You can help test and find bugs, while not spoiling your desired experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    It should be, but I'm reserving my opinions until I've had a hands on with the game. I try to be mindful of what I buy anymore, especially after getting burned on games in the past. I'd rather have $60 dollars of groceries than a game I don't like.
    The problem might be that you're using grocery money for videogames.
    Resurrected Holy Priest