1. #1

    Question regarding access to heroic modes.

    Hello everyone,

    I am in a 10 man guild with a slightly larger roster. We have 8/8 and will begin heroic progression from the next reset like everyone else. However, I chose to sit out on Madness as we went with 2 healers. As a result, I only have 7/8 bosses so far.

    Could someone please tell me if I need the achievement from Madness to join the raid or is it enough if the raid leader is able to unlock it?

    I've never really sat out on raids before so I'm not sure how it works.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2011-12-05 at 08:49 PM.

  2. #2
    You only need 1 person in the raid (AKA the leader) with Madness achievement to activate hard modes.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I am in a 10 man guild with a slightly larger roster. We have 8/8 and will begin heroic progression from the next reset like everyone else. However, I chose to sit out on Madness as we went with 2 healers. As a result, I only have 7/8 bosses so far.

    Could someone please tell me if I need the achievement from Madness to join the raid or is it enough if the raid leader is able to unlock it?
    Past raiding tells me you just need 1 to unlock it. But they may have changed that approach

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Past raiding tells me you just need 1 to unlock it. But they may have changed that approach
    I hope not. Thanks for the quick replies guys

  5. #5
    They won't ever make everyone required to do normal clear first - it would be worse than vanilla level attunement, requiring the guild to forgo progression to key new members.

    You are safe :-)

  6. #6
    i also had a question for this. I sat out for the guilds spine kill but was able to get madness down myself making me 7/8 but with the full clear. will i be able to unlock heroics for my guild? the guild didnt get madness down either just adding that extra info

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Gynn View Post
    i also had a question for this. I sat out for the guilds spine kill but was able to get madness down myself making me 7/8 but with the full clear. will i be able to unlock heroics for my guild? the guild didnt get madness down either just adding that extra info
    One person in your group needs to have 8/8 for your whole group to be able to start heroics, as someone already said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •