Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrok View Post
    Can you stop using the Kina guy. his voice is the most grating thing I have ever heard. It sounds like he is trying to speak with an accent, but just sounds like kind of a moron.
    'you go to hell you gota hell and you die' mr garrison just told you son

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Am I understanding this correctly? So the blue add is never killed--it's just the mana void that is killed? Or do you have to kill the blue add so that the boss stops creating mana voids?
    When boss creates those 3 slimes, if you nuke blue 1st, you won't have to deal with any mechanics connected with it in the phase, just with two others. If you dont kill it, the boss will spawn a void add to be killed.

    ALL adds who arent killed by players (so 2/3) are drained by boss and 'die'

  3. #23
    Mechagnome Blood Crusade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    566
    Hm, the tanking trinket sounds more like a dps trinket, the proc mastery on damage. Ah well, if the up-time is nice it could be worth it.
    Edit: Wait, there's two of them? On the same boss? Interesting.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    When boss creates those 3 slimes, if you nuke blue 1st, you won't have to deal with any mechanics connected with it in the phase, just with two others. If you dont kill it, the boss will spawn a void add to be killed.

    ALL adds who arent killed by players (so 2/3) are drained by boss and 'die'
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

  5. #25
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    737
    All those ooze's are in the end just: Kill purple always, if no purple but green +red kill green, right?
    Last edited by Mithrildar; 2011-11-28 at 07:52 PM.

  6. #26
    whats the name of the song?

  7. #27
    Not nearly.

    Purple/Green/Red: you don't kill purple, you kill green.

    Purple/Green/Blue: you kill green or blue, comes down to preference.

    So you might think that green>purple>everything else. But you'd still be wrong, because in some cases there are higher priority targets than green.

    Purple/Green/Yellow: Purple.

    Black/Green/Purple: Purple.

    The colors you need to watch out for are green, blue, and purple. Which of those is the priority depends entirely on what the third color is. Just solidify in your head what things you *can't* allow to happen. Green/Red/Blue should be the hardest spawn by miles. Kill green and hope to god the mana void is near the boss when it dies. Everything else is coordination.

  8. #28
    For LFR difficulty, I imagine Purple > Green > Other is probably good enough.

    On Normal, Purple > Green > Other will probably be good enough once people are 390 ilvl.

    On Heroic, it will obviously be much more dynamic.

  9. #29
    The kill order for Looking for Raid groups should be:

    Purple > Yellow > Black > Red.

    Green is not in the list because there is no splash damage on the LFR difficulty, making it laughable damage.

    A nice addon for this fight is Yorsahj Automatic RaidWarnings, found here:

    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/yorsahj

    Each time oozes spawn, it will automatically show with a raid warning which ooze the raid has to kill.

  10. #30

    Yor'sahj strat

    My guild killed it in about 4 attempts tonight. The fight is not overly difficult and we used a slightly different priority than what I've seen listed in this thread.

    Ours was Green > Yellow > Purple > Red. This is for 10 man normal mode. I am sure different priorities would work in the raid finder mode.

    We saw several combinations that were common, but this is bound to happen when you have 6 possible colors and only 3 are possible at any given time. The nastiest combo we saw was Green, Yellow, Red. We killed green and then of course you have everyone clumped and the nasty extra damage and shadowbolts from the boss. The reason you kill green in that combo is because you must spread for green but you must clump for red. Yellow is going to be more damage overall, and that means that healing everyone standing together is MUCH easier than trying to heal everyone spread all over the room, especially without a priest. We basically ignored blue until it spawned and could kill the mana orb in 10 seconds or so, so the tanks with swaps and cooldowns the tanks are fine. This is especially handy during any combo with blue + purple. Blue steals mana from your healers/casters, but you get it back reasonably fast when the orb dies(we did have 3 melee dps), and you have to limit the healing anyway due to the purple effect. I can see how a green, purple, red combo could be kind of nasty but I don't think we saw it. It was mostly red, purple, black or red, yellow, black. Red plus black phases we found to be the easiest combo since you simply stack up and ae the adds.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,173
    People killing this on 25man are you using 2 tanks or 1? My healers were complaining about how hard it was to heal the tank.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    People killing this on 25man are you using 2 tanks or 1? My healers were complaining about how hard it was to heal the tank.
    Used 2 Tanks and swapped after about 4-5 Debuff Stacks. 3 Debuff Stack swap when we had other things going on.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    hardly any fight from ptr remains exactly the same when it goes live, we just have to wait and see. blizzard should remove the minimum range for hunters on this fight
    was able to hump his ass just fine last night

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Used 2 Tanks and swapped after about 4-5 Debuff Stacks. 3 Debuff Stack swap when we had other things going on.
    Thanks we'll try that Thursday then. Tank was hitting 7 and 9 and becoming unable to be healed without some incredible luck. All the 25m guides probably need updating.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple

  15. #35
    Just to reiterate:

    Purple > Green > Yellow > whatever for normal

    How to deal with bad combos, mostly dependent on your healers. YMMV:

    Purple, Green, Red - We never saw this one in our one pull but, if possible, it is the worst combo you could get. Kill purple, spread as close as possible to the boss but 4 yards apart. A geared, stacked group could possibly raid cooldown and spam heal through it as a stack.

    Red, Green, Yellow - Kill Green. Stack and heal through the doubletime fireballs and aoe void blasts. If you have weaker fireballs then spread close to the boss to minimize fireball distance and targets splashed by void. We ran resto druid, holy pally, disc priest. We healed through it fine.

    Those are really the only nasty ones. The blue and black ones are just "kill adds."

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Just to reiterate:

    Purple > Green > Yellow > whatever for normal

    How to deal with bad combos, mostly dependent on your healers. YMMV:

    Purple, Green, Red - We never saw this one in our one pull but, if possible, it is the worst combo you could get. Kill purple, spread as close as possible to the boss but 4 yards apart. A geared, stacked group could possibly raid cooldown and spam heal through it as a stack.

    Red, Green, Yellow - Kill Green. Stack and heal through the doubletime fireballs and aoe void blasts. If you have weaker fireballs then spread close to the boss to minimize fireball distance and targets splashed by void. We ran resto druid, holy pally, disc priest. We healed through it fine.

    Those are really the only nasty ones. The blue and black ones are just "kill adds."
    Hmm, our kill order was Yellow > Purple > Black. For 10 man we found spreading for red + green very simple. Just spread around boss' targeting circle. As long as people don't stand on each other the AoE from green won't hit more than one. We run 3 healers tho, so that might have made the fight tad easier.
    1 tank is definitely doable on 10 man. We healed ours thru two phases without any major issues when the second tank disconnected. Rotating cooldowns on the tank is advisable though.

    How exactly do the yellow buffed void blasts work? We thought they'd all leave that stacking dot making it clear priority for killing.

    Btw purple + blue + random (we were getting that quite often on our 3 attempts) seemed pretty darn simple. No AoE is going on, so we just had our strongest single target healer solo heal tank as no one else required healing.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2011-12-01 at 07:12 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    How exactly do the yellow buffed void blasts work? We thought they'd all leave that stacking dot making it clear priority for killing.
    The yellow ooze only debuffs his current target, despite hitting everyone in the raid.

  18. #38
    10 man vs 25 man of this fight is not much different. Here is a video of our 10 man kill. We used 2 tanks, but as the offtank I did not do much tanking at all. I would agree this can likely be 1 tanked with proper cooldown usage, as the void debuffs do not stack very fast and drop every ooze spawn. This may also depend on yellow slimes, as I believe the buff would allow Yor'sahj to apply the debuff more quickly.

    http://youtu.be/6Mgmunx0lxU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •