Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerun View Post
    Didn't play ptr, so really can't be sure, but I'm sure since it specifies healer, you probably have to be in a healing spec just for it to work. Kinda disappointed that there's no real love for the melee on that fight.
    He cannot parry, and I was under the impression that the buff will be spec restricted so DPS won't be fighting over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Errrrhhh. Why? It only absorbs like, 100K dmg. Even if dps dks can still go into blood presence and get their defensive cd timers lowered to half+duration boosted to double, it'll dissappear just as fast because the max dmg it can take is reached so fast. You should be more worried about a DK tank with 4 set. 20% healing on the raid for 24 out of 30 seconds? Boo-fucking-ya.
    As proven on Nef Electrocutes and Domo's FlameScythe, it can absorbs up to 75% of the attack. There is a low ceiling (10k + 2*AP), but due to the nature of simultaneous events, even if the max damage is reached fast, all events will have already been done.
    As taken from the wowhead page.

In that screenshot, AMZ absorbed a raid-wide 350k damage. 60-75% for everyone.

So, while the shield is broken easily for on-going damage, as found in pvp or regular raid wide damage, AMZ really shines in those Single-Hit-Burst of Damage
    Last edited by Chaoslux; 2011-11-29 at 04:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Still Anti Magic Zone isn't meant for this fight

"Growing Twilight instability causes arcs of Twilight energy to erupt from Ultraxion's hide. The arcs inflict 1100000 Shadow damage every 6 seconds, split evenly amongst enemy players in the Twilight Realm and within 30 yards of the target. Every minute that Ultraxion remains in combat reduces the time between arcs by 1 second, to a maximum rate of one arc per second. In addition, the instability prevents Ultraxion from dodging or parrying attacks"

His main AoE raid damage hits a few times to add up to its total amount. From a 6 sec gap between blasts to 1 sec

Ok so I am a feral kitty... This seems like this is going to be a balls fight for me considering I cant get behind... then again the new glyph is going to make mangle increase Rip's duration too right? I sure hope so cuz or else thats gonna suck hard... Even so Mangle does much less then shred but w/e... guess inc boomy for that fight lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Still Anti Magic Zone isn't meant for this fight

"Growing Twilight instability causes arcs of Twilight energy to erupt from Ultraxion's hide. The arcs inflict 1100000 Shadow damage every 6 seconds, split evenly amongst enemy players in the Twilight Realm and within 30 yards of the target. Every minute that Ultraxion remains in combat reduces the time between arcs by 1 second, to a maximum rate of one arc per second. In addition, the instability prevents Ultraxion from dodging or parrying attacks"

His main AoE raid damage hits a few times to add up to its total amount. From a 6 sec gap between blasts to 1 sec
    They are talking about using it to absorb hour of twilight.

Will this need to be 2 healed to beat enrage for heroic you think? Or are the healing requirements just so rough that having 1 healer go red -> blue and the other green not be enough? Maybe It'll just mean farming DW normal for a couple weeks to get those sexy weapons for more pew pew

Can one healer grab two buffs? I want to two heal this fight, and I'm just curious.

Deleted
    You can grab any buff you want, but you will only have 1 active at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    Can one healer grab two buffs? I want to two heal this fight, and I'm just curious.
    For 10-man you can 2 heal this. 10-man is kind of a joke and doesn't really provide the same challenge. You end up not even burning your time loop.

Deleted
    Is the order for crystals always the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Yeah, and on a timer as well. Red Green Blue, 1.5 minutes 2.5 minutes 3.5 minutes (give or take?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justkitten View Post
    Ok so I am a feral kitty... This seems like this is going to be a balls fight for me considering I cant get behind... then again the new glyph is going to make mangle increase Rip's duration too right? I sure hope so cuz or else thats gonna suck hard... Even so Mangle does much less then shred but w/e... guess inc boomy for that fight lol!
    Reading the thread helps a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascylia View Post
    the Boss just has a "everytime behind" debuff, so a melee has no problems with parry oder Dodge, if the melee ist at 8% hit and 26 Exp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Reading the thread helps a bit.
    No, he has a debuff that makes it so he can't parry, but this does nothing to allow ferals to be able to shred. Because of this you need to use a mangle rotation instead of our normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Yes, it appears to be always the same.

Sweet! I'm loving the dragon soul fights!

Deleted
    Quick question here, my raid team has a feral kitty in it. We have a prot paladin solo tanking, could the kitty start the fight in bear form and get the 'Last defender of azeroth' buff, and retain it in kitty form?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    Quick question here, my raid team has a feral kitty in it. We have a prot paladin solo tanking, could the kitty start the fight in bear form and get the 'Last defender of azeroth' buff, and retain it in kitty form?

very short answer , yes

use it wisely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakthir90 View Post
    remember tho...when the tank that went into the normal realm comes back out he cant gain any aggro for 10 seconds due to the new debuff so make sure the kitty knows he will be in bear for at least 12 seconds due to the main tank leaving the twilight realm with about 2 seconds left before he gets gibbed. and this happens 2 times between each major AoE thing that makes the whole raid go into the normal realm....so prob better to just go with 2 tanks instead of tryin to cheese it with one...its not a dps race anyways.
    IBroughtGuns ~ Night Elf Warrior
    Specializing in Protection Services
    Dabbling in Smashing Faces
    Proudly Serving Alliance Since 2007
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Ibroughtguns/advanced[/URL][/url]
    Addiction Guild - http://addiction-haomarush.wowstead.com/

Deleted
    Not a dps race? Prob u are speakin about another boss... Ve had today two tanks 14k plus 5dps around 25k and we had all pulls finished around 6% due to enrage...

Quote Originally Posted by SiNisTeR84 View Post
    Not a dps race? Prob u are speakin about another boss... Ve had today two tanks 14k plus 5dps around 25k and we had all pulls finished around 6% due to enrage...
    Much depends on gear levels. For teams with very geared tanks, single tanking may be more of an option. But then again, those teams more than likely are topping dps charts as well. I've been in LFR with guys hitting 45k dps on boss fights while others in the same fight were hitting 25k because they were only in 370-378 gear while those hitting the really high numbers were decked out in full t12 heroics gear and had the legendary staff.

For the teams with very high dps, of course it won't feel like a dps race. 3 of their guys are probably doing the amount of damage 5 or 6 on an entry level team would be doing.