Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Skyrim is the only logical answer.

For some reason i have a feeling this thread will be over populated by ex-wow players that have quit but still go to a fan sight to brag about quiting. hmm anyways i just switched from 3 night raids to 1 night raids and am enjoying the free time, i suggest making a pvp alt and starting the long gring to 100k honorable kills. Aiming for a high goal can be rewarding and will give you something to do while your guild is busy/not online. Another thing would be to try roleplaying. sounds nerdy but i kinda want to try it once.

Deleted
    I just play a different game until I fancy playing WoW again If I have little money at the time i'll either see what's going cheap on Steam or play some Megadrive Emulator or some other retro jazz :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm swapping WoW with either a film/series or Zelda Skyward Sword.

Before I swapped to to emulated games (SNES mostly) and PSX games.

My time consists of:

Wow 2 nights with alt runs
    Skyrim
    League of legends (free very addicting try it out)
    Skyrim
    skyrim
    Skyrim
    Do i have to go on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Besides playing Skyrim, lately I've also been rereading Brisngr. (I picked up Inheritance, but I can't remember Brisingr at all so I need to reread it first.) I find that a good book series helps a lot if I don't feel like playing WoW that day.
    I always struggle to get into books, once I start getting a good portion in then I'll just keep reading until I'm finished but actually getting into the first few slow chapters, always a struggle for me xD

Don't really know that many good book series that interest me either but I'm sure I'll find some if I look hard enough.

Guys he said Skyrim isn't an option. I just play some old games I find lying around and they keep me occupied for a little while coz it's always fun remembering all the good times you had playing them etc. and....I read quite a lot.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 09:12 AM ----------

I found the Wheel of Time very enjoyable and time consuming and epic fantasies are always good imo, try some of that stuff out.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 09:14 AM ----------

Maybe find a TV series you enjoy and watch that, I loved watching South Park online when i was bored of WoW as well as when leveling alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I always struggle to get into books, once I start getting a good portion in then I'll just keep reading until I'm finished but actually getting into the first few slow chapters, always a struggle for me xD

Don't really know that many good book series that interest me either but I'm sure I'll find some if I look hard enough.
    Yeah, I've been having trouble finding good book series to get into lately as well. Not really sure where to start looking. I was going by this suggestion graph I found online and picked up The Sword of Shannara, which is apparently a New York Times bestseller and supposed to be the start of an amazing series, but I just couldn't get into it. I got about 20-30% into the book and it dragged on and on, to where I could barely even force myself to read it, and I finally gave up. The only reason I knew to get Inheritance when it came out was because I already read the first three books years ago. xD

That's the thing Cata failed at. If you don't raid there isn't anything (fun) to do. After I quit I picked up some free to play games like League of Legends and Team Fortress 2. Try catching up on TV shows as well.

Deleted
    well, why don't you start working on achievements? i mean, raiding is only like 20% of fun that i get from wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMakSak View Post
    Guys he said Skyrim isn't an option. I just play some old games I find lying around and they keep me occupied for a little while coz it's always fun remembering all the good times you had playing them etc. and....I read quite a lot.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 09:12 AM ----------

I found the Wheel of Time very enjoyable and time consuming and epic fantasies are always good imo, try some of that stuff out.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 09:14 AM ----------

Maybe find a TV series you enjoy and watch that, I loved watching South Park online when i was bored of WoW as well as when leveling alts.
    Thanks I'll check out that book series =) I'm a fan of epic fantasy novels too.
    As for TV shows I've seen all of every show that interests me that I could find xD always on the look out for new shows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I quit playing WoW hardcore, I was in pretty much the same boat. Getting into TV series is a pretty good way to pass the time.

But the best thing I ever did was start going to the gym again. Go drop about $15 to 20 on the Body for Life book (it doesn't take long to read) and get at 'er. It's not the best workout/nutrition program out there, but I would say it's the best one to start with as it only asks about a 4 hour commitment to exercise per week and is very easy to get into. Then again, depending on what's around, the gym can cost money. But getting in shape just makes everything in life better. I also never get bored anymore, as my old bored time turned into gym time.

But if you're dead set on gaming, remember that it's black friday in the USA coming up soon here. That means deals up the ass for downloadable games. I watch the Steam deals like a hawk on Black Friday, and during the Christmas holiday. Hell, with the release of Skyrim, Steam had a sale on Oblivion, about $6 which included all the DLC. The horse armour alone is regular price $3. I'm certain you'll find a few $5-20 deals that will keep you busy for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    well, why don't you start working on achievements? i mean, raiding is only like 20% of fun that i get from wow.
    12625 Achievement points, I was a massive achie whore in wotlk but kinda got bored of it in cata, think mainly because the only ones left are hugely grindy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now when I'm bored of WoW I'll play Skyrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    When I quit playing WoW hardcore, I was in pretty much the same boat. Getting into TV series is a pretty good way to pass the time.

But the best thing I ever did was start going to the gym again. Go drop about $15 to 20 on the Body for Life book (it doesn't take long to read) and get at 'er. It's not the best workout/nutrition program out there, but I would say it's the best one to start with as it only asks about a 4 hour commitment to exercise per week and is very easy to get into. Then again, depending on what's around, the gym can cost money. But getting in shape just makes everything in life better. I also never get bored anymore, as my old bored time turned into gym time.

But if you're dead set on gaming, remember that it's black friday in the USA coming up soon here. That means deals up the ass for downloadable games. I watch the Steam deals like a hawk on Black Friday, and during the Christmas holiday. Hell, with the release of Skyrim, Steam had a sale on Oblivion, about $6 which included all the DLC. The horse armour alone is regular price $3. I'm certain you'll find a few $5-20 deals that will keep you busy for hours on end.
    Getting into shape has been something I've been meaning to do for a while, I know there's a gym near me (like ~10minutes walk) but no idea of how good it is or it's prices, but thanks for the advice =)

Deleted
    To be honest with you, I play wow when I get bored

Play another game for a bit. Not short on choices this year. There's something for everyone.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-11-22 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    Masturbate... Is this a trick question?
    I know I am completely necroing this thread, but that was funny. Made me laugh. Thanks!

Infracted: Yes, you are necroing the thread. The infraction is primarily because 'Made me laugh' isn't constructive or contributing anything - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-16 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    World of Tanks and RIFT.
    Actually in order played right now it would be
    -World of Tanks
    -World of Warcraft
    -RIFT
    Other than that, i like web browsing when on line and hanging out (or at someone's place) with friends once or twice per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really "get bored of WoW" because there's always something I haven't done yet. There's always some achievement to go work on, something to go solo, a lowbie guildie who needs help with something, materials to be farmed, archaeology to be done, alts to be leveled...I don't play WoW as much as I used to on the whole (in fact, not even nearly as much as I used to), but I can always find something to do when I log in.

Hell I had a ridiculous /played through most of Cataclysm and I never raided until LFR. If you can stay entertained under those circumstances, there's something for everybody.