A little help with the download please?

Well I recieved the download for the game last night and started up this morning with the set up and now I have the launcher on my desk top. But everytime I go to log in I get an error message that only pops up for a like a quick second so I dont get a chance to see what it says. Is this because of the weekend test? It never asked me to download any patches either. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because it's for the weekend beta stress test, not sure though.

I ran into the same thing, theres a tiny red message saying you need to complete a few steps of account security before you can download the client.

Downloaded the full client this morning and installed it. Had a problem on first launch but second time I was able to login and then download the full client. One thing I initially missed was something regarding securing the account (security Questions). If you haven't completed this maybe thats the issue?

Deleted
    you might need to set up your 5 secret answer security questions- i get that same little red error I set 5 answers, it then asks you 1 from the list then the download should start..

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    Well I recieved the download for the game last night and started up this morning with the set up and now I have the launcher on my desk top. But everytime I go to log in I get an error message that only pops up for a like a quick second so I dont get a chance to see what it says. Is this because of the weekend test? It never asked me to download any patches either. =/
    Thats because the beta test hasnt begun yet. Friday if you're lucky, if not either Saturday or Sunday.

ETA: Also you'll have to set up your security questions in order to be able to log in.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Be sure you that A. your password meets there current security standards and reset if not B. set up your account with the 5 security questions. The client will not patch properly until you have both of these in place. It does have quite a bit of patching to do for you to be ready for the stress test. Final download size for a clean install is around 18.8 gigs

Deleted
    I too have the same problem as this guy, I started the download last night after setting 5 security questions and when I woke up I had the launcher screen without the download bars, so to double check I ran the launcher again and got the message flash up for almost a second. I understand the BETA isn't until the weekend, but is there any way to confirm I have downloaded all that is required?

Deleted
    Check the file size against what others have (although there is supposed to be a patch this week). Also not sure what can be posted out the tester forums since its still under nda i think but if you head there you will find a post containing all patcher problems and solutions. Its very helpful and if you have accepted the test RSVP then you have access to those forums.

Semi-similar problem here, but I don't think my issue warrants its own thread.

When I type in the five answers to the questions and hit Save, the page just refreshes without saving the data. I've done this at least four or five times now, with the same result.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Thanks guys. I'll try the questions when I get home.

press print screen when it pops up.

I think I have the same thing on the loader. The button for play/login is greyed out so you can start it. I think it just means it is finished with the 20G.

Or does anybody actually get to the login screen once finished with DL-ing?

Deleted
    Checked the size of my SWTOR folder and its 18.5GB so I guess it means I have finished downloading and am now just awaiting for BioWare to let me in xD

The Clients have been installed if you have the icon on your desktop, you cannot log in if you try one of 2 things will happen you will get an error message or the client will just close itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuff View Post
    The Clients have been installed if you have the icon on your desktop, you cannot log in if you try one of 2 things will happen you will get an error message or the client will just close itself out.
    The client is on my desktop but I never actually downloaded the 20gigs lol.

And I get a message saying that I can't log in because the region I'm in is not supported...?
    Last edited by Nak; 2011-11-22 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak View Post
    The client is on my desktop but I never actually downloaded the 20gigs lol.

And I get a message saying that I can't log in because the region I'm in is not supported...?
    i have same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I too have the same problem as this guy, I started the download last night after setting 5 security questions and when I woke up I had the launcher screen without the download bars, so to double check I ran the launcher again and got the message flash up for almost a second. I understand the BETA isn't until the weekend, but is there any way to confirm I have downloaded all that is required?
    Check the content of the latest log file in the swtor installation location/logs directory. The message is basically just saying you don't have access yet. Near the end of the latest log file you will see something like:

201111212049 INFO ManifestState=Complete: retailclient_betatest, current=6/upcoming=-1/required=6
    201111212049 INFO Patch completed normally
    201111212049 INFO Patching end
    201111212049 INFO Patch-Only state reached. User must exit.

I was able to (finally) log in and start the download, but it's going unbelievably slow. I'm only getting about 75kb/s but I don't believe it's my internet. I'm guessing their download servers are getting hammered, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting really slow download speeds?

I don't even get an error message.

Downloaded the 20gigs, and ran the launcher.
    When I try to log in on the launcher, the little circle just keeps going round and round in a circle.

Is it an issue with my internet? Other games and MMOs work fine.

(Essentially, I can't get passed LOGIN)
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2011-11-23 at 05:04 AM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

I believe it's because it's a weekend beta key? So your account won't actually activate the beta until Friday.