Installed 20gb in 5 seconds.

Hello

I was just downloading the client for TOR and started to install it. But, it was over in a very short time. Why did the client finish installing without any actual content or data? The launcher is there (and I'm having some issues with that too) but the whole folder is about 15 megabytes.

What's going on? :<
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

reinstall!

Did that already.

Deleted
    You need to log into the launcher. You will most likely get a security question and after that the client will start downloading. I had some issues with the registration process but i´m getting ~65Mbit/s when downloading the client.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somunda View Post
    You need to log into the launcher. You will most likely get a security question and after that the client will start downloading. I had some issues with the registration process but i´m getting ~65Mbit/s when downloading the client.
    Yeah, the quick installation was the client launcher. Once you try to log in, you may get a red warning that says that you need to take additional steps. This is just to go to the website and set up security questions. It is required.

Once that is done, it does start the download.

So I just need to spam the launcher for the win and hope it launches? It's been an active process for a while now, just using CPU without popping up on the desktop.

Edit: Yeah I got the "need additional verification" message on the launcher. I just hope the website will come online soon.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    So I just need to spam the launcher for the win and hope it launches? It's been an active process for a while now, just using CPU without popping up on the desktop.

Edit: Yeah I got the "need additional verification" message on the launcher. I just hope the website will come online soon.
    I did have a similar issue last night. I ended up having to kill the process then relaunch.

Yeah, their website is getting hammered.

kill the launcher.exe process if it isn't responding. then launch it again, and let it load for a litlle bit. it takes a short time to load up.

Your computer is way too awesome? No seriously, should take a couple minutes to install.

as others have said, thats the launcher. you get prompted to fill out security questions, then when you do it begins the actual download.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post

Click on the verification link. It will have you fill out some security questions, maybe change your password if it is not in their new password guidelines. It seems that instead of giving everyone an authenticator, they will be backing it with secret questions even for those without the authenticator.

Depending on if that is true or not, I'll be making a list and basically putting in random answers, so the obvious choices don't get pinged.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's true that when you close the client that the launcher.exe process can stay in memory for quite a while or until you kill it manually. Just something to be aware of...