Can't install ToR Client

Hey all,
    Got my invitation to beta, all accepted. So i've downloaded the 24MB SWTOR_setup.exe file from the official site. I run it, it extracts some files to the temp directory, and then nothing happens. I've even navigated to the directory (%TEMP%/InstallSWTOR) and run each of the exe files in there, but to no avail. Nothing happens, there's no error report, and nothing to indicate what i'm meant to do. I've tried running it as Admin, running it in compatibility mode, but no such luck. Any ideas?

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 05:41 PM ----------

Ah, nevermind. You've got to go to the temp directory, extract all the RAR files, then run /swtor/launcher.exe
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | NEW SITE: IOCube| Node.js Monkey | #Error418MasterRace
    Knows: Node.js, JS, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL, Ruby

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

lucky you. I have the same problem, but all i have in temp folder is ïnstaller.exe file. Nothing happens after running it. There is still launcher.exe running in the background somehow, cant find any icon on the taskbar etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fondas View Post
    lucky you. I have the same problem, but all i have in temp folder is ïnstaller.exe file. Nothing happens after running it. There is still launcher.exe running in the background somehow, cant find any icon on the taskbar etc.
    Taskmanager > Processes (if it's called something along those lines in English too, otherwise 2nd tab) > search for Launcher.exe then end that process and try to install the game again by doing what OP says at his edit. (atleast that should work)

Or restart the PC and then do what OP says at the edit.

kinda the same problem here, just got the e-mail where i was accepted, setup the account entered the 3 secret questions etc etc.
    Then downloaded the client and tryed to login, couldent.
    Then tryed to login on the website, couldent.
    Tryed to rest my password then i could get 1 step further in the login process from the client but then secret asnwer is wrong try password again then can get further.
    However if u reset my password then i get one step further but goes one step backwards when i enter my information.
    Havent been able to login at the website since i setup the questions....

Wierd, dunno if the login server for both the client and the website is down? couldent be since it accepts my password the first time ive reset it??

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxydin View Post
    kinda the same problem here, just got the e-mail where i was accepted, setup the account entered the 3 secret questions etc etc.
    Then downloaded the client and tryed to login, couldent.
    Then tryed to login on the website, couldent.
    Tryed to rest my password then i could get 1 step further in the login process from the client but then secret asnwer is wrong try password again then can get further.
    However if u reset my password then i get one step further but goes one step backwards when i enter my information.
    Havent been able to login at the website since i setup the questions....

Wierd, dunno if the login server for both the client and the website is down? couldent be since it accepts my password the first time ive reset it??
    been having similar problems couldnt get my beta key registered cuz i tried to recover my password and it didnt let me.. -_-