1. #1

    SWToR Security Key

    I just downloaded the downlaoded and installed it and now I'm asked to log in and it tells I have to veriry something and someone told me I have to create a Securty Key but once I click the learn more I get to the site /info/security-key but than 2 seconds later I get directed back to SWToR.com front page.

    How am I gonna be able to set the Security Key ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    I just downloaded the downlaoded and installed it and now I'm asked to log in and it tells I have to veriry something and someone told me I have to create a Securty Key but once I click the learn more I get to the site /info/security-key but than 2 seconds later I get directed back to SWToR.com front page.

    How am I gonna be able to set the Security Key ?
    Pick something easy to remember and simple to type. Each time you change location, client and web site will ask you to supply those information.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Daedelus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    1,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    I just downloaded the downlaoded and installed it and now I'm asked to log in and it tells I have to veriry something and someone told me I have to create a Securty Key but once I click the learn more I get to the site /info/security-key but than 2 seconds later I get directed back to SWToR.com front page.

    How am I gonna be able to set the Security Key ?
    Probably for some sort of authenticator that they have yet to launch.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    Probably for some sort of authenticator that they have yet to launch.
    Must already been launched if people have already done theirs and finished downloading the game, I have yet to start downloading it.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire Kalium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere and nowhere... all at once... though it's not important.
    Posts
    480
    Leave it blank until you get an authenticator attached to the account.

    Kalium

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    191
    The security key is for an authenticator that will be shipped with the CE (Collector's Edition).

    It should eventually be sold separately and you can most likely expect an application for android and iphone soon after.

    For now, leave it blank.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    Must already been launched if people have already done theirs and finished downloading the game, I have yet to start downloading it.
    You dont need to put anything in the Security Key box in the launcher to download, you do need to fill in the 5 Security Questions on your account if you haven't yet though.

  8. #8
    If you can't login, there should be a small red text box above the username field, with a link. You need to go create 5 security questions.

    After this, then you can get the download rolling. The Security Key (aka Authenticator, that is confirmed in the Collector's Edition box, unsure of sale/alternatives (see: Mobile App) at this point for others) is as the text field for it states: Optional. Just like it is for WoW (and while optional, let's face it, most of us won't argue that having one is a good idea).

  9. #9
    In the text box before you type anything, it does say optional.

  10. #10
    People who purchased the collectors edition get an authenticator keyfob (like the warcraft one) in the box , everyone else will have to purchase one when there released.
    I saw a statement about this a bit ago , there not released yet to the public as far as im aware unless im wrong as the last 10 days ive had no net to check it up.
    Ive got the beta client installing now and it asked me to put in a security key, i left it blank and it still logged me in and started downloading.

  11. #11
    There is something weird going on. The mass invites for the beta have been going out these past days.
    You get the instructions to download the client, install, log in and patch. But when try to that it wont let you telling your email or password are wrong.
    What is happening now "probably" is that people are massively resetting passwords. There is already a post on this in the forums. I myself have the same problem. The website is under heavy strain and already limiting requests.

    What I cant understand is why in gods name you need to log in to pull down a patch.

    Also it's an insanely big download for some people 20gig!!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    What I cant understand is why in gods name you need to log in to pull down a patch.

    Also it's an insanely big download for some people 20gig!!!
    It's still in beta, so only some people have access to download it--i.e. those who signed up for beta.

    As for 20 gigs... it's an entire game. Check your WoW folder size if you play WoW. Mine's at nearly 27 gigs--not that unreasonable

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    There is something weird going on. The mass invites for the beta have been going out these past days.
    You get the instructions to download the client, install, log in and patch. But when try to that it wont let you telling your email or password are wrong.
    What is happening now "probably" is that people are massively resetting passwords. There is already a post on this in the forums. I myself have the same problem. The website is under heavy strain and already limiting requests.

    What I cant understand is why in gods name you need to log in to pull down a patch.

    Also it's an insanely big download for some people 20gig!!!
    It's cause it's a Beta, they did not want ANYONE downloading the game and putting undue stress on the servers, for people who aren't even able to login. Hence why a valid login to download is needed.

    As to the size... it's been known for awhile that this is a BIG game.... it's like taking WoW + TBC, and adding full voice-over acting, and higher res graphics. I played on the 11/11/11 weekend test, and the patch then put out on 11/17/11 was another like 16GB.

    The game's install, from a viewing of a Collector's Edition opening at the fan summit, was 4 (FOUR) DVDs to install off of disc. At 4.7GB per DVD, that is 18.8GB, if they use conventional DVDs.... Dual-Layer can double that easily to 37.6GB.

    So glad I switched to a 300GB monthly bandwidth provider in the summer.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,970
    Note the "(optional)" part when you have the launcher up.
    Just leave it blank until you have an authenticator.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    It's cause it's a Beta, they did not want ANYONE downloading the game and putting undue stress on the servers, for people who aren't even able to login. Hence why a valid login to download is needed.

    As to the size... it's been known for awhile that this is a BIG game.... it's like taking WoW + TBC, and adding full voice-over acting, and higher res graphics. I played on the 11/11/11 weekend test, and the patch then put out on 11/17/11 was another like 16GB.

    The game's install, from a viewing of a Collector's Edition opening at the fan summit, was 4 (FOUR) DVDs to install off of disc. At 4.7GB per DVD, that is 18.8GB, if they use conventional DVDs.... Dual-Layer can double that easily to 37.6GB.

    So glad I switched to a 300GB monthly bandwidth provider in the summer.
    I can understand the password and that the game is big because of the voice... but what i don not understand is that the website is already buckling while nothing really major is going on. The only thing i can say is i hope the get a smooth launch. As seen with Rift ppl dont have the patience to deal with stuff like this any more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •