Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    butcher.

no contest.

Deleted
    Arcanine. Or Growlithe.

when I adopted my puppy the name they had given him at the shelter was Leroy.

While at first I wanted to change it, it has proven to be truly appropriate. He is indeed like Leroy Jenkins always begging for more chicken and running off doing stupid things when we turn our back.

Depending on the age of the dog and the name they give him, consider keeping that.

PS: Having a puppy is like having a child, dont get into this just because you want a chick magnet(which they totally are). They're a lot of work and for the first few months it'll feel like just having a new born. Consider cage(crate) training as it really isn't mean to them since dogs are pack animals. Also remember food/water in = food/water out. If it eats or drinks, it will have to go to the bathroom in the near future. Best of luck with your new best friend.
    Last edited by Davisdoesdallas; 2011-11-23 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo

My dogs are named Jack (jackie, happy jack) and Booger (she lives up to her name) we call her boo or boogie sometimes.

Other dog names I like:
    Gunfighter
    Cheyenne
    Sparky

Timothy or some other plain obscure human name like Dave or Bob (sorry if your name falls into that category). Why? Because you will always have an excuse to not do things with people. Excuses such as "I can't, I'm going out with Timothy" or "no can do, Dave is sick." Better yet name it after a verb or adjective to spice things up. You could also name it Good, Boy, Bad, or Dog.

Deleted
    Call him jesus