Thread: TOR Beta

Deleted

TOR Beta

After a zillion tries ( Due to site problems ), i have finallly been able to download the Client. After clicking ''Play'' (Or smth along those lines) it opened a firefox, but as no surprise anymore, i got a Page cannot be loaded. I clicked renew the page and got to the account page. But i tried to login via the client, providing my Email and password but it says ''This account requires additional activation steps to access the game. Finalize verification for this Account.''

So now what?

You need to put in your "security questions" for your account ("Street I lived on as a Teenager"/"City my first job was in"/etc.) through the account management page, if you haven't already.

Also, AFAIK, we won't have access to the servers until the evening of the 25th, based on the info from the emails/rsvp stuff.
    SW:TOR: Kina Legacy on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, formerly Senjak Legacy on Master Zhar Lestin.

I don't think the beta starts until this Friday or until they let you know.

Deleted
    Like the others have said, the Beta doesn't start until Friday.

I personally hope that the site issues will dissapear soon, though... I've been trying all night to actually log in, let alone download the Client itself!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashi View Post
    I don't think the beta starts until this Friday or until they let you know.
    If its weekend Beta it won't start until Friday/Saturday.
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    just wondering i go to the swtor.com/tester page and it says my bete is SCHEDULED does this mean im good to go for the weekend? or do i still have to accept the invite as stated in the last email i got?

Deleted
    i know i can't play yet, but i want to install it.

load tor launcher, logging in, it will give you a error saying ''This account requires additional activation steps to access the game" there will be a yellow link you can click on. it will take you either logging screen on swtor.com or your account with the secruity questions you need to fill out. Once you fill out those questions save them relaunch the launcher and log in, it should allow you to d/l the 20g game info.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    just wondering i go to the swtor.com/tester page and it says my bete is SCHEDULED does this mean im good to go for the weekend? or do i still have to accept the invite as stated in the last email i got?
    You are good for the weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    If it says you're scheduled then you have already accepted it, probably manually on your account page before the email invites went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Like the others have said, the Beta doesn't start until Friday.

I personally hope that the site issues will dissapear soon, though... I've been trying all night to actually log in, let alone download the Client itself!

The issues go away you will be alerted to when beta weekend starts. I played 2 weekends ago. I also got another beta invite for this weekend and i am really looking forward to the game coming out. Problem so far is Bioware is trying to figure out how many servers they need. So the beta severs are laggy and have a large que. Hopping they are smart and if they figure that they need like 40 severs at launch the make 80 (just pulling #'s as an example). They can always merge severs latter. If they have que and lag at launch that will be bad. But from what I have seen when I played beta I got a feeling they will have the right # of severs at launch.

Yeah, do the security questions and it will work. Same thing happened to me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    If it says you're scheduled then you have already accepted it, probably manually on your account page before the email invites went out.
    yeah i had an rsvp before i started the download but wasnt sure if that was just for the dl or if i had to accept one

Quote Originally Posted by Zergegh View Post
    i know i can't play yet, but i want to install it.
    Just add the security questions - if the website doesnt load try again later. It's down a lot lately due to high traffic. you have till friday to do so and download the client so dont get stressed