Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I dont have a log to back any of this up, sorry for that, but I think you can verify most of it by using logic.

First of all, it's not possible for a DPS class to take the blue buff. It checks based on spec, so no cheating either.

Red: pretty good for everyone, but it does NOT boost PW:S, making it worse for discipline. Beside this its a simple +100% healing on everything (includes HoTs). Between holypriest/druid/shaman/paladin its pretty much equal, but because the other buffs favor other classes you will probably want this on a druid.

Green: this does NOT work on HoTs, and the healing uses a new spell (Essence of Dreams), meaning it will NOT proc anything that is related to the spell you used. For example, if you PoH with this, it will duplicate and distribute the healing, but the DA part will not be amplified. This skrews druids and discipline most, making this best for paladins/shamans. In 10m, with 2 healers, you want to put this on whoever doesnt take red.

Blue: a lot better than you might expect. This is pretty much the bomb. 75% reduced mana means you have infinite mana, or at least I cant think of a way to possibly go OOM with this. 100% haste puts almost all your spells at 1s cast.

Sidenote on how haste works: the basic GCD is 1.5s. This can be reduced by haste, but only down to 1s (known as the ''GCD cap''). You will easily reach this with the blue buff. For priests, PoH will be reduced to 1-1.1s depending on your haste from gear.

This means that whoever has blue can cast any spell in 1 second for no cost. A discipline priest casting PoH is very sick for this, a paladin with Holy Radiance or shaman with Chain Heal slightly less so.

Personally we will go with Druid+Disc for heroic 10m, putting red on the druid and green then blue on the priest.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only healers can get the buffs and you can not have more than one. So no giving blue to an arcane mage. ^^
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    When we 2 healed it I took red and blue later as I was almost going oom when it came, paladin took green. More info in thread linked in my sig

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Anyone else wonder if it's viable to give Blue to a priest and have them glyph for, and spam the shit out of Holy Nova? First thing that came to my mind from this thread.

On a serious note though, does blue reduce GCD?
    Probably, but with the major glyph nova is already GCD-capped, so it would get no hps boost from blue. A blue'd priest of either spec would do best spamming PoH (and probably nothing else,) I'd say.

Also, they should probably fix these buffs before they go live, if they don't work with all spells in a healer's toolbox for all healers. Just seems unfair.
    It's fine as long as in most raid comps each healer can either get a crystal that they do really well with or failing that a crystal that isn't too terrible for them. The fact that it affects spells unequally makes things even more interesting for a fight that's already theorycrafting heaven for healers, because suddenly you have to reconsider if spell x that you normally use all the time is even worth casting over spell y that you rarely use when you have the buff of crystal z. It wouldn't surprise me to see a lot of top-parsing healers on this fight have really weird spell usages and/or stat priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vand3tz View Post
    When we 2 healed it I took red and blue later as I was almost going oom when it came, paladin took green. More info in thread linked in my sig
    I can see that being a common thing for guilds that do it with less than 3/6- take a red/green at first, then take blue later when it spawns and you've blown all your mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzushiiro View Post
    Blue is, on the other hand, pretty bad for Holy (relatively speaking, at least,) as sanc and CoH don't scale for dick with haste and PoH gets diminishing returns once you get that much since you start clipping the glyph HoT. I'd be interested in seeing how a disco priest taking it and facerolling PW:S Lich King-style would do vs. another class, but I get the feeling that a druid/shaman/pally would do better with it.
    You're pretty wrong here. For one, the Glyph does not clip anymore, I made a post about this quite some time ago (with proof). For two, the amount of pure HPS you gain from spamming PoH with that much haste is insane.. not to mention that the way Divine Hymn interacts with haste allows a single cast to heal 50+ targets... I had a single DH in 10m normal heal for 1.3mil with the Blue buff. For three, Lightwell scales with hard haste values like that (such as SoW) and therefore each charge of LW would actually tick more than the usual 6 times.

Blue is just amazing for Holy.

Red is best on a Resto Shaman/Druid

Green is best for a Holy Paladin as it only procs off of "Direct Heals" and gives them the ability to add raid support while focusing on the tanks that are being crushed.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    At least on normal, tanks were not being crushed. Not nearly.

Anyone tried to solo heal this? I can see it happening with red to oom and then blue.

Is the soft enrage (when things get crazy, with sounds of bells ringing and all) triggered on a timer or on a set amount of life remaining?
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-11-23 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    At least on normal, tanks were not being crushed. Not nearly.

Anyone tried to solo heal this? I can see it happening with red to oom and then blue.

Is the soft enrage (when things get crazy, with sounds of bells ringing and all) triggered on a timer or on a set amount of life remaining?
    They definitely get crushed in heroic towards the end. Enrage is 6min hard enrage, meaning everyone instantly dies, unlike baleroc.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Red: increasing healing done by 100%
    Druids, perfect for smaller heals & hots.

Green: causes all healing done to be duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards
    Priests/Shamans raidhealing

Blue: reducing the mana cost of all spells by 75% and increasing spell haste by 100%
    Tankhealers, awsome with big, fast, juicy heals on tanks.

Deleted
    Again, I did not try it on HC, but I can't see having the blue debuff healer on tanks...
    Green seems the way to go for the tank healer (if you have to have one in HC).

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 10:04 PM ----------

Anyone tried spamming renew like crazy instead of PoH? (as holy)

15+ Year Old Account
    Good points Ty for info! Useful stuff idd.

10+ Year Old Account
    This fight makes me super giddy.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

(Just my two cents.) I'd rate from most to least ideal:

Red: Disc Priest > Resto Shaman > Any Healers

Green: Resto Shaman = Holy Priest = Resto Druid = All about fairly equal raid healers.

Blue: Holy Paladin > Disc Priest > Resto Shaman = Spammable high mana cost Raid Heals

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    (Just my two cents.) I'd rate from most to least ideal:

Red: Disc Priest > Resto Shaman > Any Healers

Green: Resto Shaman = Holy Priest = Resto Druid = All about fairly equal raid healers.

Blue: Holy Paladin > Disc Priest > Resto Shaman = Spammable high mana cost Raid Heals
    I think someone said that the green buff doesn't work with HoTs. Although, it would pretty much be broken it is doesn't. Same with Red and PW:S, it apparently doesn't effect it.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    It can be frustrating but at the same time, we don't really care that much about PW:S on this fight.
    And since DA depends on how much PoH healed, it's kind of ok.

Deleted
    Bump.

Was there any consensus on what class benefits the most from the blue buff, it's between Holy/Disc priest + Holy paladin I'd imagine, or at least does anyone have any logs at the peak of the fight to compare the raw HPS at least?

We gave blue to our disc priest spamming Prayer of Healing (I believe), stacked bubbles up on the raid easy mode. That being said, we killed the boss in like 4 minutes 30 seconds or so, so we never had to deal with too much damage.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    I see somes people saying that the green buff isn't triggered by durid's hots. Other places, they say it is.

Anyone tested and could provide us with a proof it is or is not?

(Maybe this could/should be moved into the Raid & Dungeon section. I'd be grateful if a Moderator could do that.)
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-11-28 at 08:06 PM.

Blue is for arcane mages, not healers -nod-

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rapzak View Post
    Blue is for arcane mages, not healers -nod-
    Do so and try to survive the last minute on heroic without buffing your healers.