Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    But if Essence counts only towards effective healing, it wouldn't matter if you crit for 150k, since the healthpool of your target might not be big enough to convert this crit into actual healing.

Therefore I, at the moment, thinks that green fits druids perfectly since rejuv seems to count as singletarget.

One thing to note for Holy Paladins taking Blue is that the relative value of Haste on gear is greatly reduced during the Blue buff phase. They're better off going for Crit and/or Mastery, while keeping Haste as low as possible. I'm not sure how much of the paladin population still go for Haste builds, but just wanted to throw this fact out there. Personally I went for a pure crit build and have been quite successful in everything up to and including Ultraxion.

Quote Originally Posted by rapzak View Post
    Blue is for arcane mages, not healers -nod-
    only healers get a benefit from blue buff

The recent patch states that Essence of Dreams (green buff) only duplicates heals over 1500. With that said, will it duplicate the heals off of Holy Word: Sanctuary or duplicate the Echo of Light? If not, wouldn't that make it a weaker buff for Holy Priests who go the 'Haste to cap then Mastery' build?

Moreso, when it duplicates any heal will the duplicated heal also proc Echo of Light?

Deleted
    It doesn't proc echo of light.

That should automatically rate it pretty low for Holy Priests then. =S
    Green buff pretty much moots the Holy Priest mastery. *cries*

Well I play disc priest (we do the 25 normal with 5 healers) and all the time I play with blue and I can assure you if you have the hardware for the fight you will do extremely well, it is simple spam poh from group 1 to 5 and repeat when things go west bt, berserking, pi and do the DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Xami View Post
    One thing to note for Holy Paladins taking Blue is that the relative value of Haste on gear is greatly reduced during the Blue buff phase. They're better off going for Crit and/or Mastery, while keeping Haste as low as possible. I'm not sure how much of the paladin population still go for Haste builds, but just wanted to throw this fact out there. Personally I went for a pure crit build and have been quite successful in everything up to and including Ultraxion.
    A Holy Pally with blue buff is casting HR and LoD. Neither of those spells interact with mastery, nor can they proc anything meaningful from crits. HR's dots are improved by haste, and haste makes LoDs happen more often.

Why would you gear for mastery for this situation at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    A Holy Pally with blue buff is casting HR and LoD. Neither of those spells interact with mastery, nor can they proc anything meaningful from crits. HR's dots are improved by haste, and haste makes LoDs happen more often.

Both HR and LoD are now affected by mastery

A holy pally with blue buff casts only HR. You should go with as much haste as it is needed to reduce HR cast to 1.0 + your ms and after that stack crit, due to the fact that mastery does not affect HoT effect of it

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Both HR and LoD are now affected by mastery
    Well, damn, I just tested it and you're right.

The ticks, however, are not. It's still subpar.

I've always used Green on my resto shaman :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truantxoxo View Post
    I've always used Green on my resto shaman :\
    My opinion for best as a resto shaman

10m: Red > Green > Blue
    25m: Blue > Green> Red

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    My opinion for best as a resto shaman

10m: Red > Green > Blue
    25m: Blue > Green> Red
    How could you value red over green on any raid size? Red doubles your healing, green doubles your healing PLUS spreading it better for less overheal. It literally does the exact same thing PLUS an added bonus effect.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    How could you value red over green on any raid size? Red doubles your healing, green doubles your healing PLUS spreading it better for less overheal. It literally does the exact same thing PLUS an added bonus effect.
    Green only doubles your healing if every single of your heals is over 1500. That certainly isn't the case with Healing Rain, unless you have 100% crit rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Green only doubles your healing if every single of your heals is over 1500. That certainly isn't the case with Healing Rain, unless you have 100% crit rate.
    As I understand the latest implementation of the buff adds up all healing you did in the past second and then shoots out a wave of healing equivalent to all of that split among the whole raid. Almost all worldoflogs and kill videos I see Shamans take green buff, the only class that Red is better for is Disc Priests because their shields don't benefit from green.

Deleted
    I quite like the idea of the boss with the healing buffs

I see alot of people saying green is good for druids. Now I dont know how high druid hots heal but anything below 1500 isnt duplicated with green. Also red I believe is best for druids because of the double dipping on swiftmend / effloresent. What I believe this means is that swiftmend heals double the amount which also causes efflorecent to heal more but then red also causes that newly buffed efflorecent to heal 100% more which makes red better than the other buffs for a resto druid

15+ Year Old Account
    None of the Resto Druids heals are below 1500, but all other healers do have plenty of heals doing less than 1500 So we give green to our Druid/s, none of their heal should go to waste, but I am sure Druids could do higher HPS with red, I see many top Druids do not have Dreams in their healing done.

Green can't be ALL that bad for HPriests, cause the nr 1 world ranked HPriest (hc 25) got Essence of Dreams as nr 1 heal (he prolly got both red and green and possibly blue aswell to rank nr1 cause his HPS skyrocket at the end wich indicates he took blue (?), like world nr 1 Hpaladin did), but still.

I always went with red and ranked 12th a few weeks ago without changeing buffs, and with all other healers taking buffs (no rankcheating). So idd, red is probably best for any class, only question is; Who looses the least on taking the other buffs

Or; who is your best output healer/have mana problems etc, should decide aswell.

So there's no "right & wrong" really. Only various ups & downs. And only 2 red buffs ;(