10+ Year Old Account

Latest Setups of the Month

I have been trying to scrape together enough money to get a computer, but with the businesses around here it doesn't seem like that is going to happen anytime soon. So, I have changed ideas and was thinking about just getting a video card as that seems to be my biggest problem.

My current computer is on the older side. It's nothing special, just an off the shelf purchase from Best Buy a few years back. It was meant to be a computer for the entire family, so we didn't put any money into it that would improve the gaming experience. It is a Gateway DX4200-09 with 6 GB of RAM and an AMD Phenom 9150e Quad Core Processor 1.8GHz.

My question is How well will the "Puppy" GPU perform? What settings would this card allow me to run games like WoW, or SWTOR on? I really don't know much about computers so please forgive my ignorance.

I would appreciate any information on this video card, or other friendly advice for improving my gaming experience that doesn't require purchasing a new computer. Thanks for your time.

From what i can find your current GPU should be 256MB (shared) ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated graphics chip and MoBO is a Foxconn (http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERB...6272Rsp2.shtml)

Also what are you looking to get out of the system? Are you a casual WoW player (questing/RP stuff), 10m raider, 25m?

While a new GPU wouldnt hurt, your biggest issue is that CPU. What is your budget?

For 25-man raids you need processor+motherboard+ram+graphics card. Also there are no guarantees a new graphics card will fit into the case of your current computer, or if it works with your current PSU.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    For 25-man raids you need processor+motherboard+ram+graphics card. Also there are no guarantees a new graphics card will fit into the case of your current computer, or if it works with your current PSU.

Specs can be found at http://techwiki.hardwarecanucks.com/...X4200-09/#spec. And a 300w PSU.

It will come down to your budget. Putting any money towards the system now may not even be worth it.
    Last edited by phenix; 2011-11-22 at 09:31 PM.