Poll: What is your Favorite Battleground?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Arathi Basin is definitely my most favorite. My least favorites are Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks since I just can't stand capture the flag. Isle of conquest is pretty low too. So ranking them I would say from favorite to least favorite----Arathi Basin, Battle of Gilneas, Alteric Valley, Strand of the Ancients, Eye of the Storm, Isle of Conquest, Warsong Gulch and then Twin Peaks. If you count Wintergrasp and Tol Borad they would be somewhere in the middle.

I'm sad I'm the only one to vote Eye of the Storm. It's my favorite by far. It's AB except cool landscape, a flag, and not the cursed Blacksmith my alliance can't seem to take. I'm not quite sure why I love it so much, maybe it's because almost every time I play it I win, but idk...I love taking the flag and just running at the enemy with it.

I hate vehicles, so not Strand. AV will never be as good as vanilla. AB got old, and EotS is it but better imo. WSG is still very fun, my second favorite. Isle of Conquest, UGH, hate that place (WHY OH WHY CAN'T ALLIANCE WIN THE WORKSHOP!?!?!?). Twin Peaks is meh. And Battle for gilneas is pretty meh too, for that it's usually who wins waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Minginging View Post
    I'm pretty sure voting for AV means your opinions are broken.

WSG votes, however, take pride in the spirit of competition and manly beards.
    "Someone disagrees with me! That means they must be stupid!" Personally I love AV. Not as much as I used to, but its still fun.

I agree with you, except I think EotS is best.

But also: there is another thread just like this....with many more people contributing. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post14328840

It's got to be Arathi Basin then Battle for Gilneas for me. I love the whole defending/attacking points in this game, I find it suits it really well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an AV guy. Always have been, always will be. < Favre if he played wow *chuckle*

But srsly, AV is my favorite because of the sheer amount of players involved, and possibly because i played ally for much of the time when AV was rigged for the ally. I never played vanilla, but summoning creatures?! Wow that musta been awesome. Big fan of the factions racing for a pve goal that could affect the pvp outcome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warsong gulch for me, I just spent so much time there I know the place by heart, the in and outs of it like it is my home. In my head I know about how long it takes you to get to the flag from the gy...can move around without looking at the screen....I love to flag carry, it is my passion, I even got exalted on my druid. To me their is no better feeling then your both 2 2 and you have 3 people on you and you have to stay alive till they get the flag back or you lose.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Warsong Gultch, hands down. I really like CTF type games and this one takes the cake. WSG is closely followed by Twin Peaks though.

WSG EoTS.

Well anything except IoC and I don't mind, Worst bg ever.

the basin nothing like the teeter totter gameplay
    Gladiator Underbyte

I guess i can best answer the question by putting a few parameters on it:

1. If I am grinding honor for gear - AV all the way - enjoyable bg and best Honor per min spent (I do alot of premades for this)
    2. If I am in an organised group - AB, nothing better than owning another group 5 capping or getting into an intense arm wrestle over blacksmith or LM.
    3. Playing a healer toon - AB, keeping numbers alive due to the distance between nodes and the zerg like strats of this bg make healing really enjoyable due to the importance and constant moving between nodes.
    4. Playing a DPS toon - BFG, especially on my frost mage, nothing more fun than throwing up a ring of frost and ninja capping while 3 people are there

Personally I am not a fan of WSG (or TP), but that probably stems from getting owned by premade horde groups through BC.....

Eye of the storm for me because its probably the most strategy based one and its always funny to see the people who go for the flag getting yelled at

Although my favorite single bg was a epicly long AV where we defended and then me and a couple of others sneaked into their base and won it

atm its ab
    but i loved how av once was tbh blizz should make to seperate av and make the collecting and npc more viable qnd remove the damb reinforcements thingo

Close between WSG and Battle for Gilneas. Ive always loved WSG, but battle for glineas forces large amounts of fighting. Even while defending your still not going to go very long without being attacked.

My favorite Battlegrounds are WSG and AB, im sure nostalgia is a factor in that, but I genuinely believe they are also the best designed BG's in the game.
    @EldacarJS - Warcraft PVP Enthusiast, Theorycrafter, and Blizzard PVP Forum MVP

It would be WSG/TP, but I absolutely despise that idiotic tie breaker rule. If it was like CTF should be (score higher to win, tie is a tie which neither wins) then I would be perfectly happy playing nothing but those two. However, that rule makes me furious every time it becomes a factor (even when I am on the winning side of it) so I guess AB is my favorite, with EotS as a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    WSG got old for me 5 years ago. AV all day, everyday. Strategy is hard.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The original AV was the best bg ever, before it was dumbed down to the abomination it is now.

Of the ones listed I prefer AB now.

I used to love Alterac Vally... until it became nothing but a race.
    Then I loved Isle of Conquest.... until it became nothing but a race.

I prefer Arathi Basin now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love me some isle of conquest.