Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Awww thank you! :P Never had anyone make a video for me. That case I NEED to get, gonna be going away in March and I think in May too, so I need something to carry my 3DS in, right now I don't have anything, games are still in their cases and on a shelf in my room, would be difficult to bring that around to travel with. The armors are really cool too, not sure which one I'm gonna get yet, but I'll have to see, I think the green one will match my 3DS, since I have the blueish greenish one.

PS. Cute kitty.

That looks like a pretty nifty case thing at the end. Skelington shall have to acquire one.

So, I have question for those regular lurkers of this thread. Since I happen to buy almost every new 3DS game that release, would you guys like me to run some mini-reviews to see if some of them are worth your time? I know it's hard as hell to get even a little information on some of those games. It'd probably be something to cover the basics like control, sound, 3D effect, gameplay, etc.

LEMME NO
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I have question for those regular lurkers of this thread. Since I happen to buy almost every new 3DS game that release, would you guys like me to run some mini-reviews to see if some of them are worth your time? I know it's hard as hell to get even a little information on some of those games. It'd probably be something to cover the basics like control, sound, 3D effect, gameplay, etc.

LEMME NO
    It would be great to get feedback on some of the lesser-known titles. There's so little information out there about something like Bit.Trip Saga or Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy that it's tough to justify a purchase sometimes.

If you're getting them anyway, I for one would love to hear what you think!

Awww I just noticed today that Tales of the Abyss is already released (EU)! Anonther reason for me to buy an 3DS as soon as possible...
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Sorry for double post but there aren't enough 3ds fans here it seems. =(
    I think that I'll buy myself this console (not sure if white or black yet) tomorrow, so I'm currently searching for some games to buy.
    Of course I'll buy Zelda, Mario 3D Land and Tales of the Abyss, maybe Cave Story and maybe some more...

So what I actually want to know...
    Doktor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights! Could somebody tell me if this game is worth the money or if its just a "cheap Layton clone with some pokemons"?
    (and I would really apreciate if somebody could enlighten me if they've completed the german lokalisation, or if it's still english vids with german subs)
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cave Story is a worthwhile pickup, no matter what version you get. I have the DSiWare version on my 3DS and it's good fun, but brutally hard as well. Reminds me of old school side scrolling games like Contra, only it has somewhat of a story.

Super Mario 3D Land is cool, the second time through after you finish the first 8 worlds is extremely punishing and rage inducing though. Sonic Generations was a great pickup for me, same goes for Ocarina of Time.

Apparently the folks at Capcom have come out and said that Resident Evil will have a 50 dollar price tag, mainly due to the fact that the cartridge supplier for 3DS games is going to have to produce 8GB cartridges, which Capcom will be filling with one single game. It augers well for 3DS owners even if the price is a bit higher, however Capcom also needs to release a lengthy and quality game with it, which no doubt they will. Really looking forward to it and Metal Gear Solid next year, there isn't a ton coming up for the holiday season aside from Mario Kart 7. Tales of the Abyss isn't out until February in North America (boo!) though Resident Evil: Revelations is out a week before it, so notch two more additions to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Cave Story is a worthwhile pickup, no matter what version you get. I have the DSiWare version on my 3DS and it's good fun, but brutally hard as well. Reminds me of old school side scrolling games like Contra, only it has somewhat of a story.

Super Mario 3D Land is cool, the second time through after you finish the first 8 worlds is extremely punishing and rage inducing though. Sonic Generations was a great pickup for me, same goes for Ocarina of Time.

Apparently the folks at Capcom have come out and said that Resident Evil will have a 50 dollar price tag, mainly due to the fact that the cartridge supplier for 3DS games is going to have to produce 8GB cartridges, which Capcom will be filling with one single game. It augers well for 3DS owners even if the price is a bit higher, however Capcom also needs to release a lengthy and quality game with it, which no doubt they will. Really looking forward to it and Metal Gear Solid next year, there isn't a ton coming up for the holiday season aside from Mario Kart 7. Tales of the Abyss isn't out until February in North America (boo!) though Resident Evil: Revelations is out a week before it, so notch two more additions to the collection.
    That 50 dollar thing better not catch on. One of the reasons I liked handheld gaming is because they were often significantly cheaper.

Funny story, though it doesn't start funny.

So, I was called into work today, even though I had the day off. I groaned, got ready, and headed out. I stopped by a gas station on the way and picked up some energy drinks for my manager and I (we are addicts.) Upon stepping out of my car, I hear hissing. I examined my tire and found a small hole. I walked in, picked up my energy drinks, a can of tire patching, and drove to the air machine. I filled my tire up with the patching can, filled up the tire with air, and happily continued to work. Upon leaving work, I noticed that my tire was flat to the ground. I was a little angry considering the can of tire patching was like $15, but I sighed it away and took out the spare. I was on my way to leave the parking lot, and my car suddenly dropped to the ground on the right side. My spare tire had come completely off the rim. I completely lost my mind and quickly called my brother. He came and picked me up, then we continued on our way to Wal-Mart to replace the main tire. We were sitting for like 30 minutes before I decided to get up and look around. My brother tagged along with me, and we went to our usual place, the Electronics department. I was staring blankly at the PC games for a few minutes, but then I made my way to the Nintendo section.

There it was...Mario Kart 7 was staring me in the face.

I couldn't believe it. I knew that Wal-Mart screwed some companies by releasing games too soon, but 3 days early? I had to have it. I approached an associate and asked her to get me two copies. She walked over, pulled two copies out, and walked back to the register. The whole time I was freaking out in my mind. When she tried to ring them up, she got an error that didn't display a price. I laughed and told, "The price is going to be $39.96." She laughed, but then told me that she needed to check the website just in-case. I knew right then that I was boned. When she checked the site, it said that the game wasn't to be released until December 4th. She informed me that she couldn't sell it, then proceeded to have every copy of Mario Kart 7 removed from the cabinet.

GOD I AM SO SAD...Why must I have the only Wal-Mart employee that actually does her job?

Kan that is soul crushing, I think I would of cried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda random but has anything been heard of a U.S. release for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Kan that is soul crushing, I think I would of cried.
    When my brother and I got back to his truck, the first thing he said was, "Son of a bitch! I was going to eBay the hell out of those."

I laughed, then got sad again.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post
    No idea. It's not even going to release in Japan until Q1/Q2 of 2012. There is usually a six month to a year waiting period for games to be localized.

JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN MONSTER HUNTER TRI-G...Please ;-;

When my brother and I got back to his truck, the first thing he said was, "Son of a bitch! I was going to eBay the hell out of those."

I laughed, then got sad again.
    I think you got the only employee in the entire world who cared to check the date.

Hey all, just had a quick question. I just bought a 3DS (the zelda themed version) and i'm loving it so far. However, I have noticed that I can't handle the 3D at max while wearing my glasses. Yet, if I take them off I can see it beautifully. I even tried looking at it from different viewpoints/distances and the results are the same. Oh and I can still see the 3D while wearing glasses, it just needs to be set near the bottom.

Also I do not have contacts since I fail at getting them in, so I was curious as to if anyone else had this issue and if contacts fixed the problem? I do have astigmatism so that might be the issue.

Thanks

I'm wearing glasses all day and don't have any issues with the 3d effect yet.
    But I bought my ice white 3DS just today, so maybe I have to play more. =o Challenge accepted!
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post

No, I honestly didn't even know they were making a Fire Emblem game for the 3DS. However I do hope to god that it comes out state side next year, otherwise someone at Nintendo is getting a good kick in the nuts by me personally. I love Fire Emblem and honestly there haven't been enough of them in North America over the course of it's existence.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstatic View Post
    Hey all, just had a quick question. I just bought a 3DS (the zelda themed version) and i'm loving it so far. However, I have noticed that I can't handle the 3D at max while wearing my glasses. Yet, if I take them off I can see it beautifully. I even tried looking at it from different viewpoints/distances and the results are the same. Oh and I can still see the 3D while wearing glasses, it just needs to be set near the bottom.

Also I do not have contacts since I fail at getting them in, so I was curious as to if anyone else had this issue and if contacts fixed the problem? I do have astigmatism so that might be the issue.

Thanks
    Honestly, you shouldn't have it at max ever. I have tried it and even with my good vision it goes blurry and causes severe headaches like you wouldn't believe for me, not to mention it distorts on screen and eats the living crap out of your battery.

Pro tip if you are buying a 3DS: Get the Nyko Power Pak for it, it's like 20 bucks and doubles your 3DS battery life, gives it some extra bulk which is nice for adults.

I'm thinking of buying the new Mario Kart next week when I have money. I don't have any friends with a 3DS, but I assume there's an online mode. Is it worth it?

I'm also getting Super Mario 3D Land for Christmas. So far I only have Ocarina of Time 3D, so I haven't used my 3DS a whole lot.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since you can't hack the 3DS at all, Mario Kart will at least be fun. No more snakers and speed hackers huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Since you can't hack the 3DS at all, Mario Kart will at least be fun. No more snakers and speed hackers huzzah!
    Yeah, I heard about the change to the powerslide-boost thing, made me about twice as excited for the game.

Time for a little bit of ye' old Necromancy.

DEAR GOD, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON MARIO KART 7.

By the way, we need to make a community. Dead serious. Anyone have a witty or clever name?