Deleted

[Resto] Ultraxion - which healing buff?

If there is a thread about this already, I apologize.

I was wondering if anyone have tested and could confirm how the buffs on Ultraxion works. I have heard and read several different things from different people - some say Ysera's buff doesn't work with HoT's, some say it does. I don't have access to the PTR myself unfortunatly, due to not being able to copy a character. :/

Gift of Life - Alexstrasza creates a crystal of pure life energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of life itself, increasing healing done by 100% for the duration of the battle.

Essence of Dreams - Ysera creates a crystal of dream energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the power of dreams, which causes all healing done to be duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards for the remainder of the battle.

Source of Magic - Kalecgos creates a crystal of amplified arcane energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of magic, reducing the mana cost of all spells by 75% and increasing spell haste by 100% for the remainder of the battle.

So, I'm curious to hear from you who tried this out on the PTR, how did you divide the buffs between the healers? Which one seems to benefit resto druids the most?

Just a guess, but I would think

Source of magic - Druid, Holy Priest, Shaman
    Essence of Dreams - Holy Pally, Disc Priest
    Gift of Life - Disc Priest, Shaman, Holy Pally

Could be reading essence wrong, im thinking it doubles the spell for everyone, so everyone would get a holy light or whatever. If it just distributes healing evenly, then Druid/Holy priest would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Elveren View Post
    If there is a thread about this already, I apologize.

I was wondering if anyone have tested and could confirm how the buffs on Ultraxion works. I have heard and read several different things from different people - some say Ysera's buff doesn't work with HoT's, some say it does. I don't have access to the PTR myself unfortunatly, due to not being able to copy a character. :/

Gift of Life - Alexstrasza creates a crystal of pure life energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of life itself, increasing healing done by 100% for the duration of the battle.

Essence of Dreams - Ysera creates a crystal of dream energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the power of dreams, which causes all healing done to be duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards for the remainder of the battle.

Source of Magic - Kalecgos creates a crystal of amplified arcane energy. Activating the crystal imbues one healer with the essence of magic, reducing the mana cost of all spells by 75% and increasing spell haste by 100% for the remainder of the battle.

So, I'm curious to hear from you who tried this out on the PTR, how did you divide the buffs between the healers? Which one seems to benefit resto druids the most?
    For what benefits us the most, gift of life or source of magic. (IF gift of life double dips on efflorescence, otherwise its equal to essence of dreams). Source of magic is debatable compared to other classes that use mana faster than us druids, because we gain a lot from the haste (Double hot healing) and have unlimited mana to spam rejuv at will compared to paladins who have high throughput/high cost who mitigate that cost and gain the boost.

And this is just us. For the whole raid...that's a different matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

While these are all obviously for healing, you know there is just a pile of Arcane Mages looking at Source of Magic, and just DROOLING.

That aside...

Gift of Life - Likely tank healer, if tank damage is huge, otherwise, give it to a raid healer (Druid usually got this job).
    Essence of Dreams - Takes your spells, creates a copy of it that is split amongst all friendlies in 50yrds. So, while Gift of Life boost single-target toroughput something huge, this makes AoE healing a BREEZE.
    Source of Magic - Cheap, fast, big heals? Sounds like this belongs to Paladins and Holy Priests.

Deleted
    I believe I read somewhere that you will not get the buff if you are not healer specced, after some arcane mage tried it.

Looking at another thread in the priest forum, someone confirmed that the green buff does currently not work with HoT's, but if this was bugged or not wasn't confirmed. Honestly, I kinda like how Source of Magic sounds, we could go back to Rejuv blanketing.
    Last edited by mmoc5817da6c72; 2011-11-23 at 03:13 AM.

Deleted
    Well since haste effects all out HoT's ticks and how much it will tick per use, I'd say Source of Magic will be the best of the three buffs.

Deleted
    A paladin keeping up the new holy radiance aoe hot on 3 ppl at once will very likely be preferable for source of magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    A paladin keeping up the new holy radiance aoe hot on 3 ppl at once will very likely be preferable for source of magic.
    So what about that druids can blank a raid with rejuv and keep LB on tank and regrowth and WG up, isn't enough for druids to have the haste buff? And give it to a holy pala that gets more benefit to have the Essence of Dreams to be able to do more AoE... Good stuff I aint in your raid group...

Quote Originally Posted by Diwad View Post
    So what about that druids can blank a raid with rejuv and keep LB on tank and regrowth and WG up, isn't enough for druids to have the haste buff? And give it to a holy pala that gets more benefit to have the Essence of Dreams to be able to do more AoE... Good stuff I aint in your raid group...
    Rejuv is GCD capped at 0 haste, all the haste buff does is double its healing by doubling its ticks. At that point... why not just get red?
    The rest have a slight double-dip because they let you cast more often AND double their healing. It's not that much, though, at best you go from a 1.5 second gcd (lol 0 haste) to 1 second, saving you a half second every time you cast a non-rejuv spell and doubling all your HoT healing.

I'm actually liking Shaman most for Source of Magic. CH isn't likely to hit a haste cap, Riptide will be great, HR is naturally awesome. They'll also have tons of ELW heals rolling out with that many heals going off, and the ELW procs will be doing double the # of ticks. Not to mention shamans do some pretty beast stacked-up healing already, and cutting out mana from the equation will make them pretty crazy.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2011-11-23 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Some quick napkin maths:

holy radiance
    2.5 sec
    35% of base mana
    2.1k x25 = 52.5k
    400 x4 x25 = 40k
    92.5k/2.5 = 37k hps
    35%/2.5 = 14% mps

rejuv
    1 sec
    20% of base mana
    5k x7 = 35k
    35k/1 = 35k hps
    20%/1 = 20% mps

holy radiance with source of magic
    1.25 sec
    8.75% of base mana
    2.1k x25 = 52.5k
    400 x8 x25 = 80k
    132.5k/1.25 = 106k hps
    8.75%/1.25 = 7% mps

rejuv with source of magic
    1 sec
    5% of base mana
    5k x14 = 70k
    70k/1 = 70k hps
    5%/1 = 5% mps

holy radiance with gift of life
    2.5 sec
    35% of base mana
    4.2k x25 = 105k
    800 x4 x25 = 80k
    185k/2.5 = 74k hps
    35%/2.5 = 14% mps

rejuv with gift of life
    1 sec
    20% of base mana
    10k x7 = 70k
    70k/1 = 70k hps
    20%/1 = 20% mps

With the long casttime of holy radiance, it will double-dip the haste as you get both 2x as many holy radiances off, and each of them will also have 2x as many ticks. Effectively tripling the HPS of radiance, while only doubling the hps of rejuv.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-11-23 at 01:08 PM.