10+ Year Old Account

Accountability mod?

Is there some type of mod that will highlight why people die in a raid?
    The combat log just... sucks, and I want to know who to blame for a night of wipes on H Shannox...
    What I'm looking for is something that can tell me succinctly, "You wiped because this person did this."

Appreciate any advice you can offer.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

Fatality.

Posts in raid chat who died, and what they died to.

Get skada. It logs the events that lead up to someone's death, both damage and healing. Its less obnoxious than fatality and more informative.

As far as I'm aware, there is no mod that does what you are asking. Instead, there are combinations of mods that can get the job done well enough.

EnsidiaFails will generate a list of various "fails" during a raid encounter. If someone were to trigger a trap on Heroic Shannox, it would display the player and the event in a channel of your choice (/raid, privately to yourself, etc.). After the encounter, a list is displayed of how often specific players failed.

Recount has a "deaths" option. If someone dies during that encounter, you can click on their name and it will list that death (or deaths, if they get battle res'd), including damage and healing taken leading up to that death. When raid leading, I use this functionality over watching DPS meters.

Combine the two and it's pretty easy to figure out what went wrong. As long as you have raid frames up, you should be able to tell when someone dies. If EnsidiaFails doesn't broadcast it, you check recount to figure out what happened. If the tank, for instance, died to regular damage, you start looking at the healers... unless the rest of the raid are triggering lots of Fail messages. And so on. It's a pretty good combination.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Fatality.

Posts in raid chat who died, and what they died to.
    Fatality I use it it works wonders. It tells you exactly what the player died to it links the move if applicable it tells how much damage it did and what the over kill was. It says this all in raid chat an example.

Raid - Fatality Keilith [Ground Slam] melee damage 25k (12.5k overkill)

From that is shows I ate a ground slam for 25k but I was at 12.5k when I died.

Isn't overkill generally the amount over your current health? So you had 20k, took 50k damage, so your overkill is 30k.

EnsidiaFails comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    Isn't overkill generally the amount over your current health? So you had 20k, took 50k damage, so your overkill is 30k.
    That's what is in his example, I assume you just got confused because both his health and the overkill were 12.5k. (12.5k - 25k = -12.5k = 12.5k overkill)

Death Note is, without comparison, better than any other addon for analyzing why people die.

Malm <Apex> @ EU-Al'Akir

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/malmlive

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatality is great, but it doesn't explain what's going on before someone dies.
    What I need to know is whether or not someone died because of successive fails, or because of lack of healing.

For instance, if the hunter dies on H Beth and the healer says he was spamming heals, but the hunter says he got out of the goo and feigned the spiderlings away, I need a way to see who is bullshitting.
    I basically need a combat log without all the mindless clutter.

Deleted
    Recount works wonders. The death logs are clear and can be filtered to your liking.

Deathnote is quite handy for exact death analysis ingame - fatality though has it's uses as well.
    Ah someone beat me to it ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Gunna use Deathnote. Thanks for the input guys, it's perfect.