Deleted

The WOW - SWtor resource comparison

For those who already played Swtor, can you tell me what resource comparisons are there between wow and swtor. For example the jedi focus is like the warriors rage, but i havent quite understand the other resources in swtor ;S

Force = Mana
    Focus/Rage = Rage
    Ammo = Energy

Deleted
    Thank you for the answer, and i guess all non-force users use ammo, altough their bars look different.

JC/SI use force. As the caster AC you get 500 (or I hear maybe 600), and it never increases with gear. As the melee AC you only get 100 (or 110). At 100 it feels more like rogue energy than mana.

SW/JK use focus/rage. They are gained by using abilities and have a max of 12 (unlike auto-attack to 100 rage in wow). They feel more like combo points that you gain on yourself instead of your target.

IA/Smugglers use energy. It is 100 and again can't increase with gear. It has a tiered regen system so if you have more (I think it was 2/3rds) you gain more per second, if you have a low amount (1/3rd) you regen it much slower.

BH/Commando use Heat/Ammo. Works more or less like energy from IA/smugglers but heat builds up (and is bad to cap at full) while ammo goes down. It also has a tiered regen system.

You will actually have to think about what moves, ablities you are going to use or you end up out of resources and spamming your "free" attack.
    I think each class has an attack that does not use any resources and helps you build your pool back up.
    Since gear will not increase your resource pool, gone are the days of stacking up on a certian stat in order to have an infinite amount of mana/force. You actually have to plan your moves.

I wouldn't really compare them. In SWTOR you can pretty much just play.
    Sure these stats make you better in some ways but you can still just play. And better players do better.
    It's not like wow where you have to min max stats/spec all the time, so that players with no skill and good gear can still clear content.
    In SWTOR skill > gear, so don't worry... just have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    I wouldn't really compare them. In SWTOR you can pretty much just play.
    Sure these stats make you better in some ways but you can still just play. And better players do better.
    It's not like wow where you have to min max stats/spec all the time, so that players with no skill and good gear can still clear content.
    In SWTOR skill > gear, so don't worry... just have fun!
    You are delusional if you think this is how it is going to be. Stats matter and once the end game shows its face it will have the same min/max and theorycrafting that exists in other MMOs.