I was browsing some of the abilities and talents, and I noticed something interesting. First, Dark intent offers 6% spellpower to the recipient, but also Demonic Portal "Create a demonic gateway between two locations. Stepping into the gateway causes any party member to be transported to the other gateway." Does this seem more like mages teleport?
Also, this sounds cool. "Metamorphasis-Carrion Swarm. While in metamorphasis, your shadowflame knocks any enemies away from you"
And "Unending Resolve-The warlock hardens his skin reducing all damage taken by 50% and preventing his spells from being interrupted for 12 seconds." o.O
And the Illidan talent has been replaced with "Mannaroth's Fury"
Mod Edit: Regarding all discussions about missing spells/abilities, please do keep this in mind
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- New - Curse of Enfeeblement - Level 17 "Combines and replaces Curse of Weakness and Curse of Tongues to cause the target to deal 30% less physical damage and cast 30% slower for 30 seconds. Less effective on dungeon and raid bosses. Instant. 4% of Base Mana."
- New - Unending Resolve - Level 64 "Hardens the Warlocks skin causing them to take 50% reduced damage and prevent spells from being interrupted for 12seconds. 3 Minute Cooldown. 10% of Base Mana."
- New - Demonic Portal - Level 88 "Creates a demonic gateway between two locations. Stepping into the gateway causes any party member to be instantly teleported to the other gateway. Limit 5 charges, grants 1 charge every 15 seconds. 5 Second Cast. 70 Yard Range. 10% of Base Mana."
- Shadow Ward is being replaced with Twilight Ward. Twilight Ward is learned at Level 34 and absorbs 4026 Shadow or Holy damage, lasting 30seconds. Instant. 30 Second Cooldown. 4% of Base Mana.
- Fel Flame has been changed and now no longer increases the duration of Unstable Affliction or Immolate. Fel Flame now deals 311 Shadow damage to an enemy. Instant Cast. 40 Yard Range. 2% of Base Mana.
- Dark Intent has been changed and is now a raid wide 6% spell power buff lasting 1 hour. Instant. 30 yard range.
- Drain Life is now under the effects of Empowered Channeling. Empowered Channeling increases the duration of a channeling effect if the effect is recast before the initial one expires. 40 Yard Range. 2% Base Mana.
- Demon Armor has been removed.
- Fel Armor has been changed and now partially includes the current Demon Armor. Increasing Armor by 2603, Stamina by 10% and health generated through spells and effects by 10%. Passive.
- Health Funnel is now under the effects of Empowered Channeling. Empowered Channeling increases the duration of a channeling effect if the effect is recast before the initial one expires. 45 Yard Range.
- Demonic Circle: Teleport now removes all snares as a baseline effect.
- New - Soulburn: Health Funnel - Level 27 "Grants Soulburn empowerment to your Health Funnel causing it to instantly heal your pet for 36% and reduce all damage they take by 30% for 10 seconds. Passive."
- New - Malefic Grasp - Level 42 "Deals 1052 Shadow Damage over 3 seconds, in addition all damage over time abilities tick 100% faster whilst the target is affected by Malefic Grasp. Recasting Malefic Grasp before it expires increases the duration of the channel by 3 seconds, stacking 5 times. Channeled - 40 Yard Range. 2% Base Mana"
- New - Soulburn: Fear - Level 47 "Grants Soulburn empowerment to your Fear causing it to instantly horrify the target, making them run in horror for 4 seconds. Passive."
- Nightfall has been changed slightly, it now causes Corruption and Drain Life ticks to have a 4% chance to make your next Malefic Grasp instantly deal damage and increase the tick rate of all damage over time abilities on the target by 100% for 9 seconds.
- Soulburn: Demonic Circle: Teleport now removes all stuns and snares from the Warlock, increasing their movement speed by 50% for 8 seconds and making them immune to all snares and roots for the duration.
- Soulburn is now exclusive to Affliction.
- Drain Soul is now exclusive to Affliction.
- Seed of Corruption is now exclusive to Affliction.
- Bane of Agony is now exclusive to Affliction and lasts 1 minute, up from 24 seconds.
- Haunt has been removed.
- New Resource - Demonic Fury - Level 10 "Shadowbolt, Corruption, Soul Fire, Drain Life and demon attacks grant Demonic Fury. Demonic Fury increases the damage you deal by up to 10% (Affected by Mastery)"
- New - Wild Imps - Level 32 "Summons one Wild Imp that casts five Firebolts at the target. The cost and number of imps increases as your Demonic Fury increases. Each Firebolt grants 10 Demonic Fury. Instant. 30 Second Cooldown. 40 Yard Range."
- New - Metamorphosis: Carrion Swarm - Level 86 "Whilst under the effects of Metamorphosis your Shadowflame ability costs Demonic Fury and knocks back targets infront of you. Passive."
- Metamorphosis: Immolation Aura has been slightly changed. "Whilst under the effects of Metamorphosis your Hellfire ability costs Demonic Fury however no longer requires channeling and no longer deals damage to the Warlock. Passive."
- Hand of Gul'dan has been significantly changed. Hand of Gul'dan no longer refreshes the duration of Immolate, however Hand of Gul'dan is now an instant ability with a unique spell cost.
Hand of Gul'dan now summons a meteor at the targets location dealing damage after 2.5 seconds within a 6 yard area. Anyone hit by the meteor is then affected by Curse of Gul'dan.
Curse of Gul'dan decreases the movement speed of the target by 35% for 10 seconds, stacking 3 times.
If the target isn't affected by Curse of Gul'dan already the Warlock will gain 25 Demonic Fury.
Charges for Hand of Gul'dan are passively gained once every 15 seconds and cap at 3 charges. Instant. 40 Yard Range. 5% Base Mana.
- Decimation has been changed. It now flat out reduces the cast time of Soul Fire by 2 seconds, however when dealing damage with Soul Fire to a target above 25% HP the cast time of Soul Fire is doubled for 30 seconds.
- Demonic Freedom has replaced Demonic Empowerment and causes your pet to regain 25% of its HP, remove all snares, stuns, fears, banishes, horrors and movement impairing effects for 15seconds. Instant. 1.5 Minute Cooldown. 50,000 Yard Range.
- Demonic Leap no longer requires Metamorphosis, however it will activate Metamorphosis. Instant. 10 Second Cooldown.
- Hellfire is now exclusive to Demonology.
- Shadowflame is now exclusive to Demonology.
- Bane of Doom is now exclusive to Demonology.
- New Resource - Infernal Embers - Level 42 "Infernal Embers is a hidden aura that gives you an alternative resource bar. Infernal Embers are obtained by casting Incinerate on targets affected by Immolate and consumed by Conflagrate and Soul Fire. Consuming Infernal Embers causes your Conflagrate or Soul Fire to deal more damage based on the amount of Infernal Embers obtained."
- New - Fire and Brimstone - Level 62 "Fire and Brimstone empowers your next Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate or Soul Fire causing it to hit all enemies within 15 yards of the target. Instant. 10 Second Cooldown."
- New - Destructive Influence - Level 86 "Your demons attacks reduce the cast time of your Soul Fire by .1 second, stacking 40 times. Passive."
- Rain of Fire has been changed and now deals an additional 50% damage if the target is affected by Immolate.
- Bane of Havoc has been changed and now banes the target for 15 seconds causing the next 4 single target spells cast on another target to affect the baned target also. Instant. 2 Minute Cooldown. 40 Yard Range. 4% Base Mana.
- Shadowburn has been changed. Shadowburn is now only useable on a target below 20% health and if the target dies within 5 seconds of the cast and yields experience of honor the Warlock gains 5 Infernal Embers. Instant. 15 Second Cooldown. 40 Yard Range. 5% Base Mana.
- Immolate is now exclusive to Destruction.
- Rain of Fire is now exclusive to Destruction.
- Incinerate is now exclusive to Destruction.
- Chaos Bolt has been removed.
- Dark Regeneration now heals the Warlock for 50% of their HP over 20 seconds, down from 25 seconds. In addition, it now also increases healing received by 25% for the duration.
- Soul Leech now heals the Warlock for 15% of the damage caused by Shadowbolt, Incinerate and Malefic Grasp, down from 25%.
- Harvest Life is no longer affected by the Empowered Channeling effect.
- Howl of Terror cooldown is now reduced by 1 second every time the Warlock is struck by a damaging ability.
- Hour of Twilight has been removed and replaced with Spell Drain.
- Spell Drain has been moved and is now a Level 45 talent.
- Sacrificial Pact now deals 50% of your demons health in damage to your demon in exchange for 10 second damage immunity, down from 100% of demons health. Cooldown is now 3 minutes, down from 5minutes.
- New - Blood Fear "Your Fear is now an instant cast however costs 10% of your maximum health to cast."
- New - Burning Rush "Your Life Tap now increases your movement speed by 25% for 8 seconds."
- New - Dark Bargain "Absorbs damage equal to 20% of the Warlocks maximum health, lasting 30 seconds. Any shield still remaining when the spell expires is dealt as damage to the Warlock. Instant Cast. 30 Second Cooldown."
- Bloodstone has been removed.
- Nether Ward has been removed.
- New - Mannoroth's Fury
"Passive: Your Shadowbolt, Incinerate and Malefic Grasp deal 10% splash damage to all enemies between the Warlock and their target.
Active: Splash affect is increased to 100% splash damage for 20 seconds, however the passive is dropped after this until the cooldown is reset. Instant. 2 Minute Cooldown."