Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is beta available to play now?

Title says it all. I'm in beta but I haven't downloaded the game yet, just wondering if I'll download it now or wait till I'm at work tomorrow. If it's aviable to play now then I'll download it now (obviously)

Thanks

Just for non-weekend testers. The rest of you mortals will have to wait until Friday

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not able to play it right now. It's about a 12 gig download or so. May as well get it started depending on how fast your internet is.

hmm fair enough. thanks for the info. I'll start downloading it and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I am not able to play it right now. It's about a 12 gig download or so. May as well get it started depending on how fast your internet is.
    18.5 GB on my program files.

Download now. Accept the RSVP.

email will be sent for which day you can play (FRI, SAT, SUN)

You are confirmed for participation in the
    the Game Testing Program.
    People i received such a letter, pressed install game, during the night left PC for download. In the morning started up the launcher, everything seemed OK, but i could not press "Login" button, it was not highlighted.

In the letter nothing said about testing days or somethin, where to find answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasok1986 View Post
    People i received such a letter, pressed install game, during the night left PC for download. In the morning started up the launcher, everything seemed OK, but i could not press "Login" button, it was not highlighted.

In the letter nothing said about testing days or somethin, where to find answer?
    There will be an email in the next few days telling you when you are allowed to play. The earlier you accept the beta invite, the earlier you get in.

Deleted
    Kaellen knows the drill, the first will be allowed on at 10.00 AM CST (16.00 GMT).

"To simulate a launch environment, testers who have accepted new invites to weekend testing will gain testing access in staggered intervals based on when their invites were accepted. The first group of testers will be able to log on beginning on Friday morning (11/25) at 10:00AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin). Then, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin) the second and final waves of testers will gain access. Please watch your email for details about when your phase of testing begins. This will come in a separate email from your invite." Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=640606

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Download now. Accept the RSVP.

email will be sent for which day you can play (FRI, SAT, SUN)
    i really dont like the whole "u may get in friday. or sat. or sun." thing. i know what they are trying to accomplish, but if by my awesome luck i get in on sunday, only having 13hrs with the game is no where near enough time. and by no means is that a weekend test. i did RSVP monday during the day (before 4) so i hope to everything holy im in fridays batch.

anyone want to swing me their info for a few hours cant play until weekend and i have work will pay via pay pal or blow jobs (lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwickslash View Post
    18.5 GB on my program files.
    36.6GB on my drive hehe :P
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    36.6GB on my drive hehe :P
    That is because you patched over the installation from last beta weekend

Clean installation is 18.5 GB.

On my beta account which I downloaded just over 6 months ago, it was about 24GB download with a 30GB+ folder

My room-mate got a week-end key for this week and his download was about 14 or 15GB and his download folder is only 18.5gb

Wonder if the weekend beta is missing stuff or if they've just compressed they download better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone! As some of you may have noticed, we are beginning to grant access for players who will be asked to participate in this weekend’s Beta Testing Weekend. We will be sending invite emails very soon, but the process of inviting and granting access can take several days. If you do not have access now, please check back later in the week and watch for official announcements.

Quoted from their official site on Monday. They are already letting people in, just in very small numbers.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya weekend test starts friday at 10am... you cant play right now even if you're a full time tester.. servers are down for maintenance Here's hoping the fix the broken JK class quest on Cor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    ya weekend test starts friday at 10am... you cant play right now even if you're a full time tester.. servers are down for maintenance Here's hoping the fix the broken JK class quest on Cor.
    Yeah and they just extended it to unkown ETA for when teh testing will resume :<..

Yeah hahah ! The rescue has been bugged for ages nau

- For those who live in EU - the time your beta open is 4:00 pm london - 5:00 pm Paris etc.

Prepare for total mayham

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    Yeah and they just extended it to unkown ETA for when teh testing will resume :<..

Yeah hahah ! The rescue has been bugged for ages nau

- For those who live in EU - the time your beta open is 4:00 pm london - 5:00 pm Paris etc.

Prepare for total mayham

Ya people on the test boards are crying about the extended time and i posted this in reply...

Keep in mind as well, wow, even after launch, had maintenance days that lasted into the evening. I'm sure if you played a ways back you remember seemingly every other month they had to give us a "free day" on our subs because the game was down all day? That was vanilla, BC.. i mean this isn't even post launch, we are NOT paying for the game yet. Let em hammer out any lingering issues while the game is in beta.

Bugs happen, at least they are trying to solve as much as they can now, and not later, when we become paying customers. Hey, if the servers are down all day today (knock on wood), and this in turn causes for a sweet smooth launch, then i will be thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouni View Post
    On my beta account which I downloaded just over 6 months ago, it was about 24GB download with a 30GB+ folder

My room-mate got a week-end key for this week and his download was about 14 or 15GB and his download folder is only 18.5gb

Wonder if the weekend beta is missing stuff or if they've just compressed they download better?
    The latter. I uninstalled before downloading the new build last Tuesday and mine is only 18.5 as well. There are a few new patch notes with today's maintenance, including that The Rescue is fixed yay! Nothing about crew windows for characters carried over from last build, which is my main concern, fingers still crossed for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    i really dont like the whole "u may get in friday. or sat. or sun." thing. i know what they are trying to accomplish, but if by my awesome luck i get in on sunday, only having 13hrs with the game is no where near enough time. and by no means is that a weekend test. i did RSVP monday during the day (before 4) so i hope to everything holy im in fridays batch.
    It sucks because I'm in the same boat, and want to see if the game is worth my time and money. But this is not about us testing the game for them, this weekend beta is about trying to crash the servers. Not about us really getting to play or test out the game.