Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Anyone else notice no Prayer of Healing?

    Am I blind or when I looked at the talent specs, I didnt see PoH in the "spec" or all side of the priest tree....

  2. #2
    The Patient SuperN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Quel'thalas
    Posts
    222
    Forget that, Evangelism/ArchAngel, one of the talents, can only be used by Discipline Priests despite the description giving a different message.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by keik12 View Post
    Am I blind or when I looked at the talent specs, I didnt see PoH in the "spec" or all side of the priest tree....
    Rapture is still not spirit based (and therefore Discipline's regen will scale 3x worse than Holy Concentration under this idea), Divine Hymn's Holy exclusive, but an 8 minutes with no way to reduce it, and Barrier's still 3 minutes. Oh, and Holy has no reason to see "Evangelism affects all spells".

    Oh and Levitate still breaks on damage. Combat Rogues still have Deep Insight screw them over when target switching (despite blue posts specifically saying they want it to not)

    I have a feeling they were just trying to see if it could work, long before they actually filled the holes.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-11-23 at 07:54 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  4. #4
    High Overlord Lundmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    150
    Binding Heal - Holy only

    news to me.... if I didn't miss something

  5. #5
    No Strength of Soul makes me a sad discipline priest...

    But I'm gonna go ahead and say this is a work in progress.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I have a feeling they were just trying to see if it could work, long before they actually filled the holes.
    Let's turn the Night into Tomorrow

  6. #6
    Discipline also has no access to the spell Heal, apparently.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7
    Yeah, the Priest one feels a little incomplete. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not seeing Atonement in any form, which would obviously be a little silly in light of the fact that Holy Fire is a Disc-only ability now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Yeah, the Priest one feels a little incomplete. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not seeing Atonement in any form, which would obviously be a little silly in light of the fact that Holy Fire is a Disc-only ability now.
    True. You also don't see how Holy could ever want Evangelism in any form, to make Archangel (now a cross-spec talent) POTENTIALLY attractive in the least.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  9. #9
    Devouring Plague is gone too it seems :\

  10. #10
    Yeah, they got the format together, half-arsed it, and threw it online just to say "TADA, now we'll update it whenever we feel like, but here's something to stare at and pretend to be excited for!"
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #11
    Atonement is probably going to be replaced by Vampiric Dominance, which is something I'd like to see stay.
    Crazy AoE healing from holy. Divine Star, Divine Hymn, CoH, and Desperate Prayer. All the big heals with more aoe lol. Assuming that it will work with spells like Divine Hymn and CoH.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Yeah, they got the format together, half-arsed it, and threw it online just to say "TADA, now we'll update it whenever we feel like, but here's something to stare at and pretend to be excited for!"
    They release it fast like this, people complain it's incomplete. They wait a long time, people feel like they're just being left in the dark. There have been recent Blizzard responses to people saying they'd like to see the development in process, so maybe that's just the treat we're getting.

    p.s. If you're a warlock, you don't have to pretend to be excited.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 01:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by HawynLegend View Post
    Atonement is probably going to be replaced by Vampiric Dominance, which is something I'd like to see stay.
    Crazy AoE healing from holy. Divine Star, Divine Hymn, CoH, and Desperate Prayer. All the big heals with more aoe lol. Assuming that it will work with spells like Divine Hymn and CoH.
    Then why in the world give Discipline Holy Fire? It's sort of the antithesis of what they were going for with talents.

  13. #13
    The priest list is definitively not complete.
    Holy lost the 3 min Divine Hymn, and disc lost it alltogether.
    Disc lost Atonement and renew (!!!).
    And everyone lost mind spike.
    Meditation is gone, and healing priests have instead Dark Thoughts, giving shadow spell pushback protection.
    Noone can cast Heal at all anymore. Prayer of Healing suddenly vanished from our spellbook.
    Holy Nova is totally missing, even though it was advertised to be a disc only spell.
    Binding Heal is now Holy only?

    Yeah, I think we can safely say that this is a work in progress.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    They release it fast like this, people complain it's incomplete. They wait a long time, people feel like they're just being left in the dark. There have been recent Blizzard responses to people saying they'd like to see the development in process, so maybe that's just the treat we're getting.
    True. And don't get me wrong, I was pretty excited when we had Friends and Family alpha leak go out for Cataclysm, despite how un-done the class was.
    Then why in the world give Discipline Holy Fire? It's sort of the antithesis of what they were going for with talents.
    Agreed.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 01:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The priest list is definitively not complete.
    Holy lost the 3 min Divine Hymn, and disc lost it alltogether.
    Disc lost Atonement and renew (!!!).
    And everyone lost mind spike.
    Meditation is gone, and healing priests have instead Dark Thoughts, giving shadow spell pushback protection.
    Noone can cast Heal at all anymore. Prayer of Healing suddenly vanished from our spellbook.
    Holy Nova is totally missing, even though it was advertised to be a disc only spell.
    Binding Heal is not Holy only?

    Yeah, I think we can safely say that this is a work in progress.
    Holy Priests can cast Heal at level 28.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  15. #15
    Folks, we're not even in the alpha for MoP yet. These things will change

    They put up the recent official 4.3 preview and now this so that people are talking about WoW during Thanksgiving week/weekend, which will likely lead us into 4.3 the following Tuesday (29th).

    Some of the trees are clearly more polished than others. Warlock trees are very fleshed out compared to most, and some seem very unpolished. And by trees I mean your class/spec spells/bonuses you gain while leveling, not your talents.

    Hrm, I guess you could just call that your spec tree, to delineate from your talent tree. Or maybe just spec and talents :P

  16. #16
    It seems they're removing mana burn too, faith restored in world of warcraft.

  17. #17
    Holy Priests can cast Heal at level 28.
    I stand corrected. But I still don't think Disc is supposed to lose this healing spell :P
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

    Then why in the world give Discipline Holy Fire? It's sort of the antithesis of what they were going for with talents.
    If you are talking about the lv45 talents, then speccing into evangelism/archangel/VD would be anybody's choice. Staying with the Cata's atonement healing would be one choice, or you could get one of the others and heal normally.

    I'm probably wrong and they just messed up and forgot to add atonement.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by HawynLegend View Post
    If you are talking about the lv45 talents, then speccing into evangelism/archangel/VD would be anybody's choice. Staying with the Cata's atonement healing would be one choice, or you could get one of the others and heal normally.

    I'm probably wrong and they just messed up and forgot to add atonement.
    Evangelism is a passive ability that you get from being Discipline (level 44).That's still in there. Atonement isn't even listed anywhere on the page. Neither is anything to do with the Shadow Orbs outside of Shadow's mastery. No generation. Shadow forgot Mind Spike and Mind Blast just like that.

    "They just messed up" is more and more confirmed the more I look at the page.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "They just messed up" is more and more confirmed the more I look at the page.
    Well sure, it's still just a preview. But I think they just wanted to show off how the talent trees will most likely look and to give people a chance to mess around with MoP builds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •