10+ Year Old Account

Metamophosis Question

Please - someone remind me - Do I refresh my dots when I pop Metamorphosis or do I skip out? If I do need to refresh them would I also be refreshing Doom?
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Yes you refresh, dots update when they are refreshed (for buffs on you, for debuffs on your target it updates per tick).

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a big DPS increase to reapply the dots, even if you're clipping to have the reapplied for Mata?
    Last edited by Derivatives; 2011-11-23 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivatives View Post
    Is it a big DPS increase to reapply the dots, even if you're clipping to have the reapplied for Mata?
    Yes, its going to be anywhere from 60% - 80% damage increase if you have MWC. Definitely worth refreshing corruption and BoD. Immolate will automatically be refreshed with HoG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. I wasn't refreshing doom, i'm embarrassed to say. However now I know. Thanks for everything!

Gain from refreshing dots is not always that simple, the timing depends on how much dot and buff durations are left and how much other buffs the previous dot had compared to new dot etc.

In optimal play you use meta and DS once in 2min, and you'd cast first BoD when procs etc are up, so BoD would always be ending during meta+DS anyway, in which case you should refresh BoD between last and 2nd last tick so the meta powered BoD has 5 ticks. Sometimes it may be optimal to refresh BoD again just before meta ends, but I'm not sure how useful this is, depends on other buffs etc.

I would not refresh corruption early because it has a 18 sec duration and meta lasts for 36 sec, no matter if you clip it in middle or not, you're most likely getting the benefit for 2 full corruptions either way.

Too make it simple simple always recast your Corruption/Doom while in meta even if they are currently on target.
    Those Meta buffed dots need to ride out their whole duration, do not clip last tick, since you would apply a significantly weaker version while not in Meta.

Also I always manage to get 3 Corruptions out of Meta, just reapply the third with 1-2 secs left in Meta. You should be able to time the third without clipping any ticks and at worst clipping one.

This is what i needed i haven't been doing so, Refreshing my dots with MWC and Meta poped, in the past maybe this and working on my opener will help my DPS alot