10+ Year Old Account

5.0... Could Prot Pallys become viable for RBG Flag carrying?

I jsut had a looka t the prot specs for 5.0

I really enjoy flag carrying in BGs, but no1 wants me for RBGs becasue pallys arnt very good at it, the only thing we have is freedom and it gets dispelled after 2 seconds...

So, I had a look at the new spec and came up with this:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ator#bZ!121221

Surley we will have no problem running away from people with that? what do you think?

Could we see more prot pallys in RBGs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still nothing when compared to double charge, intervene and heroic leap. So you could see some, but i doubt any high rated rbg team would use a paladin over a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I just looked at the warrior talents >.< shame :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It's still nothing when compared to double charge, intervene and heroic leap. So you could see some, but i doubt any high rated rbg team would use a paladin over a warrior.
    They're removing intervene, and that's assuming the warrior took one of the double charge talents. Not that taking the reduced CD one is a good idea though lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap View Post
    They're removing intervene, and that's assuming the warrior took one of the double charge talents. Not that taking the reduced CD one is a good idea though lol
    Ah, hadn't checked the warrior talent tree fully, my apologies. Even so, it's still a huge amount more mobility, even than a paladin with Pursuit of Justice (and 3 holy power that he isn't using for anything). It'll remain the case, just because how a warrior currently works. Death knights are similar, especially with Death's advance being talentable by blood.

Edit: Remove my comment about Intervene, was looking at the spec abilites, derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still see Intervene at the class abilitys
    Or did I miss a blue/something at BlizzCon?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Just change a few things.
    Fist of Justice over Burden of Guilt for peeling yourself or stunning an offense healer to land a kill or a few on the offense.
    Acts of Sacrifice all the way for a reliable dispell snare and shorter CD on Freedom.
    and Holy Avenger for Holy Shield Spam on yourself, great ohshit button there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Fist of Justice over Burden of Guilt for peeling yourself or stunning an offense healer to land a kill or a few on the offense.
    Acts of Sacrifice all the way for a reliable dispell snare and shorter CD on Freedom.
    I'm not sure I agree with spamming holy shield. If it doesn't stack, it isn't going to be much use. And even then, a healing spell when you're dropping low is better than an absorb, simply because absorbs wear off/can be dispelled. No doubt Holy avenger will be powerful either way, but I'm not sure it's because of Holy shield spam. You'd already get a 50% damage reduction when you use GoAK anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with spamming holy shield. If it doesn't stack, it isn't going to be much use. And even then, a healing spell when you're dropping low is better than an absorb, simply because absorbs wear off/can be dispelled. No doubt Holy avenger will be powerful either way, but I'm not sure it's because of Holy shield spam. You'd already get a 50% damage reduction when you use GoAK anyway.
    Oh, what I mean is 'weave' the cooldowns to get the most out of it, when i said Holy shield spam I'm assuming you're taking a pretty beating which as soon as you put it up it will be consumed, in which case absorbs have benefits over healing, they don't have to be reduced by MS or negated by Necrotic and they raise the bar when it comes to effective health when used in conjunction with CDS (albeit a minor one, like DP)

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    you dont need a prot pally for that. just get a warrior with a holy pal healer and he gets all the war mobility with everything you just mentioned. that's why no one takes prot pallies.

Protection in general still needs a good amount of change.

They're removing Intercept, not Intervene.