Deleted

Devouring Plague: Where is it!

I don't see DP in this build:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...-calculator#Xb!

Am I blind, or is this still work in progress?
    I'm scared

Deleted
    Probably work in progress, there is no Mind Blast or Mind Spike either, which are even mentioned in the talents.

Deleted
    Mind blast ist mentioned in the vampiric touch tooltip but missing from the spells list… still work in progress.

Deleted
    Ah k cool, didn't notice.
    I was checking other specs but I couldn't find anything that was missing.
    So I got kinda scared.

looks like they're trying to work out the shadow orb resource mechanic

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Yeah seeing as we don't know how orbs will work yet they're probably still just sorting that out so not gonna tooltip the abilities it affects until it's finalised

Devouring Plague, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Mass Dispel, Abolish Disease, Holy Nova and Mana Burn all vanished if we are to believe the new calculator.
    Shadow priests lost all heals except Flash Heal and Shield, and both hymns.
    Disc priests lost Divine Hymn, Renew, Binding Heal and Heal.
    Holy priests lost Hymn of Hope.

I really don't believe this list. I'm taking it as a work in progress.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I like that they posted the calculator....but it doesn't really do much good when it is so far from complete with all the missing spells.

As MS PvE shadow these talents better change, because as of right now the only real choice I have is at level 45 to take Archangel or From Darkness, Comes Light. That will depend on the duration of Archangel, there isn't one listed. Level 75 will depend on the percent increase for Twist of Fate, which also isn't listed, but that will most likely beat out Power Infusion due to the amount of time a target (aka boss) is below 25%. I like that Silence and Psychic Horror are baseline spells AND that I can get Body and Soul, but I'm pretty darn disappointed at the lack of DPS choices in the talent list. I was hoping to be able to swap between talents for specific boss fights to maximize DPS, but it looks like that won't be the case. There will be one and only one talent set up for all situations for PvE Shadow....again.

In terms of PvP...all the mobility options are awesome. I'm not excited about "hand of sacrifice" and "sacred shield"...rehashing other classes' abilities and giving them to us just feels kind of lame. We have a long time before MoP, so hopefully they give us some more creative abilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vissenkom View Post
    I'm scared
    No need, only worry if stuff like this happens with a week of beta left.
    Shadow is one of the better hybrid dps, blizz has looked after us for awhile now, lets not talk about the dark times of sear from the end of T10 till end of T11
    Sig by Safhira

I'm scared
    This is alpha, also read the front page. Don't know why blizzard releases this crap and then says its wrong sorry but go ahead and QQ
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This is alpha, also read the front page. Don't know why blizzard releases this crap and then says its wrong sorry but go ahead and QQ
    A lot of people say they should be more transparent with the changes and direction they take, this is why they refrain from it :P
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

PoH won't go away, blue confirmed it at 11 .

And with that in mind, it would be weird if DP went away. After all, it is such an iconic spell. Sure, the healing part of it is somewhat disfunctional, but you really have to ask yourself if the shadow spec gets better or worse if DP stopped existing. Don't consider numbers, just mechanics. I at least would say that DP should stay; putting up a few dots is a large part of the shadow experience. If any dot would be cut, it would likely be VT - it's major effect is mostly a Lvl90 talent now anyway.

Mind Blast was specifically mentioned as a consumer spell for shadow orbs during the class Q&A, costing orbs but no mana in MoP. I find it hard to believe it has been designed out since then. And we are definitively lacking a means to actually generate shadow orbs, which simply means that there will be another pass later containing more information. Later.

If warlocks are a benchmark for changelists, there is a whole lot more changes coming. The next expansion is probably 6 months away still, and patch 5.0 probably at least 5 months. There will be plenty of time to get all the needed changes in. As soulyouth said - worry if this is the state one week before the release. We're not there

Instead of worrying, I suggest putting some time into this thinking about how you think your new class mechanics SHOULD be. Numbers can always be adjusted, but getting the feeling right is the tricky part. While I'm not sure that blizzard employees regularly reads these forums, good ideas tend to spread around. If you have a killer idea that will be awesome in the hands of a shadowy priest, now is a great time to voice them.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    i distinctly remember hearing Disc getting a stackable shield as a spammable heal equivalent from one of the cover it live events.

I'm scared
    I think everyones forgetting already that you still choose a summary tree at level 10 and auto learn spells for that spec. So technically no the talents dont have to change.

Mind blast ist mentioned in the vampiric touch tooltip but missing from the spells list… still work in progress.