View Poll Results: Are you going to lvl out asap or take your time ?

Voters
160. This poll is closed
  • Lvl ASAP

24 15.00%
  • Take my Time

136 85.00%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How you going to approach the game

Was just wondering how people are going to play the game.

Are you gonna jump in and LvL ASAP, or you gonna take your time and explore and follow your whole storyline ?
    Im going to take my time and not bother about maxing right away.

I plan to play a lot, but i also am not going to skip over the story line of my character. From my exp in the weekend beta, the story is worth the extra time it takes to level.

Deleted
    First playthrough is ALWAYS the most memorable one, the one i'll be looking back to with my nostalgia glasses on in a few years. I'll take my time and absorb it thoroughly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll see when it's released. I usually just rush to max, but watching Jesse Cox do the 1-5 SI playtrough kinda made me excited, so might actually take it slow this time
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling fast this time around. I tried to resist the urge to buy cata on release date, lasted 3 days. I'll be waking up early the day after release and leveling for hours.

Usually I'd level ASAP in an mmo, since there's no fun in leveling. But this game, defiantly taking my time, however, me 'taking my time' is still usually quicker than average.

10+ Year Old Account
    level as fast as ASAP because the ones at the top will be the ones that will control the market for few weeks

1-15 = 1 Day
    15-25 = 1 Day
    25-30 = 1 Day
    30-40 = 1 Day
    40-45 = 1 Day
    45-50 = 1 Day

Total: 6-8 days in total to hit 50. But probs around 8 considering I am going to level up my gathering skills as well at the same time.

Iv seen the Story for Sith Inquisitor Sorc which will be my name and up to level 35 for SWarrior Mara.
    -K

I will take my time with the story but play ALOT (~20 hours / day).

I intend to try to get to level 50 quickly. However, I'm taking my time & enjoying the story on beta so I don't miss anything come launch. (So I an spacebar the first 30 levels or so )

LOL I love lore & stories, I'm not going to ruin my experience in SW:TOR so yeah, I'm taking my time.
    "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing A LOT, so I will level fast. But at the same time, taking my time. I won't be skipping anything on my first play through.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I will take my time with the story but play ALOT (~20 hours / day).
    20 hours per day is not good for your health and will probably be detrimental to your actual leveling speed. Just sayin'.

I plan on taking my time and play the leveling like it was KotOR 3, pretty much.

Deleted
    im gonna take my time since i wanna experience all SI storyline and obtain the Darth Title

RSVP'ed within an hour or so, so I'll be taking my time in stress test, then rushing on opening day to the point I left off at. By then I'll hopefully be ahead of the curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't enjoy rushing to 60 in WoW when all my friends were still just hitting 40. My choices were to ditch them and go play with the hardcore guys (which I eventually did months later), or to help them in Mauaradon or BRD. I chose the latter, but kinda regretted leveling like a madman.

In TOR, I will be taking my time...but knowing me I will become so obsessed with the story I will play too much and still end up outleveling my friends. Bioware has that effect on me. ^_^

Deleted
    absolutely taking my time.

Since this is a theme park RPG. You really need to experience each ride!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    level as fast as ASAP because the ones at the top will be the ones that will control the market for few weeks

1-15 = 1 Day
    15-25 = 1 Day
    25-30 = 1 Day
    30-40 = 1 Day
    40-45 = 1 Day
    45-50 = 1 Day

Total: 6-8 days in total to hit 50. But probs around 8 considering I am going to level up my gathering skills as well at the same time.

Iv seen the Story for Sith Inquisitor Sorc which will be my name and up to level 35 for SWarrior Mara.
    Hmm I know I read someone playing 12-16 hours a day, took 2 weeks to make it to lvl 50. I don't know if they were skipping cutscenes or not but I would guess based on that, you won't be doing 5 levels a day past 35 or so even if you skip all the cut scenes.

I never ONCE (even on my original main from almost seven years ago) read anything more than maybe a screen or two of quest text while leveling in WoW. It just wasn't conducive to the gameplay. I know I missed out on tons of lore, etc., but I've since gone back and read about the ingame quests on other sites since.

However, I love all the cutscenes in WoW (I was one of the few folks who loved Uldum, at least when originally playing through it). As such, I really believe I'm going to love the fully voiced dialogue and lack of walls of text. It's more... humanizing, for lack of a better word. It brings you into the game with voice and inflection, emotion and locks you into the story. As opposed to mini-walls of text that seem cold and uninteresting wastes of time.

I don't dislike reading, mind you - far from it. I read 2-3 books monthly, sometimes more. But when I'm playing a game, I prefer to be entertained by doing the least work possible, and having to process text is more work than simply listening, at least to me.

Deleted
    taking my time for sure. I usually get bored at engame anyway so I am in no rush.