View Poll Results: Are you going to lvl out asap or take your time ?

Voters
160. This poll is closed
  • Lvl ASAP

24 15.00%
  • Take my Time

136 85.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've always simply rushed to max level in WoW since I started back in classic. It gets kind of old, so I'm going to take my time with SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protip - You can enjoy the story while still being time efficient by turning on subtitles. A lot of side quest are just "fluff" that can be skipped without missing much. Quest are still your standard MMO quest, click x node, kill y amount of rats.

Like most who have voted, up to this point, I'm going to take my time. My guild isn't going for endgame just yet, and frankly I'm burned out of doing that type of thing from WoW. "That type of thing" being rush to max level and grind away my life for little to no gain.

I want to explore the galaxy, feel the wonder of the new universe, really get to know TOR and my class(es). I don't feel rushed right now, so why put myself in that position if there is no need to?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be skipping dialogue for non-class-story quests my first time through. I have no interest in hearing the discussion of why I have to go kill 10 droids for you, Mr. Random Guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely going to take my time. No skipping cut scenes and no rushing. i dont care if i take 20 hours per level. i want to explore every little nook and cranny and actually feel satisfied at the end of the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking my time with this one. Rushed to end level in Cata, don't want to make the same mistake. I plan on raiding at max level but I'm gonna enjoy the ride for this game.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    Take my time, absorb the story bioware is known for, then at max level I pvp and raid my face off.

Take my time and enjoy the game.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well looks like most people are gonna take their time lol. Wise decision IMO

I'll be doing my whole story, I expect I'll be level 50 though before I finish all of my story though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Addendum; if there is one thing that I learned from playing a BW game like Baldur's Gate is this; go in the direction that the game is pushing you. When you deviate you usually end up with a slightly disjointed story or end up in zones were the mobs will kill you quickly and with alarming efficiency. :P
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always rushed to endgame, no matter what. Now, however, I have an actualy STORY to enjoy, I will take my sweet ass time exploring and doing all quests.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Had fun just enjoying everything the game was offering in beta. Definitely going to take my time.

I have no agenda with the game. I'm just going to play it and see where it takes me.

As someone who's only interested in leveling and PvP, I'm going to do it the most logical way: very slowly. I'll level slowly, enjoying the story, and level multiple (if not all) classes before I ever start focusing on end game PvP. This way I'll appreciate the full game before I get greedy with the prospect of competition and gearing up (which makes me not want to level alts) and it will also give the game some time to have some balancing changes made before I take it serious. I'm sure, being a new game, balance will be pretty pitiful at first, so I'd like to avoid that period and level.

I don't care about voice acting. I'll turn on subtitles and basically speed-read my class specific components, mostly choosing light side options, I'm sure.
    So mostly, get to 50 ASAP, with the caveat that I'll pay a lot more attention to class specific lore than I ever payed attention to WoW or other MMO quest text (which is close to not at all).

Will level as fast as possible, then at level cap I'm off to farm all the datacrons I've missed, at least untill everyone in the guild is at level cap so we can start doing sum pve.

Aren't you doing pve while leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Aren't you doing pve while leveling?
    I've meant operations, just a preference of mine to call it pve instead.

play it like an rpg

because i dont think theres a whole lot to do at endgame yet

i wont make that mistake again