Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The ban is ok if you ask me. Sure i do GY camping when possible, but if someone from the team asks you to cap the flag and stop GY camping, you should do it. Not everyone is ok with GY camping and since the goal of the BG is to cap the flag 3 times, you refusing to do it is imo asking for a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsspal View Post
    I'm the person that got baned, not naim. naim was carring the flag, i was simply healing him.
    Well, I guess one could argue that one has more responsibility than the other, but you should've stopped healing him in that situation and at least attempted to urge him to capture the flag. I don't think they would've had any problem with you then.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    To get afk kicked enough ppl have to report you afk then after that happens you get a debuff and have 30 seconds to figth something. So if you were kicked you werent doing anything for what is a pretty long time in the lang of pvp.
    It's possible to get kicked out instantly, though I'm not completely sure of the circumstances on that. I know I was kicked out of a BG once in mid-fight while defending towers in AV. I've never been one to ignore objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by naim View Post
    Again, the player that got banned did not carry the flag, I was and I did not get banned. He was healing our guild group, doing his job in the BG, healing the flag carrier. Does it matter where the healer is standing healing the flag carrier? No, there is no rules about not standing near the GY healing anyone.
    Stop trying to find a hole, so you can justify what happened. you and your friends teamed up with some other people. They wanted to play a normal game, you and your friends decided to farm GY. The only option they had was to report you 1 by 1, because you as a team were not acting as a BG team, but as 5 rebels who think they can do what they want. It ends up, you cant do what you want and some of you got the ban / kick. Cant put it any simpler, next time you team up with someone be sure you all are on the same plan what to do, or if asked to play as a team and do BG objective, do it, dont act like a stand alone grp that does what they want.

The objective is to cap the flag. Not to stand around and heal FC while he camps a gy for hks. Is it fun to camp bads? Maybe, but you are on a team and the other members of said team may want to complete the match ASAP. The 3 hour thing is for repeat offenders so it wasn't your first time douching it up in a bg. Perhaps you will take the 3 hour ban to go read about proper teamwork or how not to get banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitypebble View Post
    Flat out removal from a BG doesn't happen because enough people say so, it happens via trends.

If you were removed, it means you've been reported for non-participation in the past. Don't let the sob story fool you, this isn't a first offense.
    This. And i'm glad they do this. People need to stop screwing around and start contributing to a win. I usually don't do many BGs because it is mostly filled with noobs farming HKs in middle or just running about doing nothing useful. I support that ban and hope it's even stricter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    that dosent matter tbh, you were healing the dude so he could not die, thay votet you gave the same result to them, and as you had been votet out meny times before you got instant kicked, you got a 3 hrs ban just what you deserved, stop whining and accept the light punishment you got, and rember next time its a 24hrs and them perma so better stop ruining the game for others.
    Firstly, the word is VOTED. With a D. I have no bloody idea how you can balls up a 5 letter word. Learning English, no matter what country you're from, you're taught that the past tense of a word just has an "ed" on the end. There is no excuse.

Secondly, as a healer, your job is to keep the flag carrier alive. Doesn't matter what the flag carrier decides to do. If you, as a healer, decide he's playing the BG wrong (and who are you to decide that anyway?), and let him die, the other team will likely end up capturing the flag. Then you lose. That doesn't make anyone happy.

Thirdly, If a flag carrier decides he can get an easy achievement in a short period of time by stopping to camp the GY for 2 minutes, then going on to cap the flag, then that should be perfectly allowed. Blizzard put the achievements in the game for a reason. To be obtained. If somebody takes a brief two minute detour for an achievement, they should NOT be banned for it (and ESPECIALLY not his healer). Maybe he could have been able to get Wrecking Ball from that BG. If Blizzard didn't want people slaughtering other people so much, they shouldn't leave that achievement in game.

Fourthly, slowing a BG down does not ruin ANYONE else's experience. If they don't want to wait, they can /AFK. If they do, the BG has a timer on it to prevent the game from going on too long. If he spends too long capping it, 2 things happen. The BG reaches it's time limit and ends and/or he gains a stacking debuff that increases his damage taken. NOBODY should be banned for making a BG slower by a few minutes. Most BGs last around 15 minutes anyway. They can only last 25 tops. 10 minutes extra because someone turtles is NOT going to ruin your game.

Lastly, you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. Do some research before spewing bullshit out of your ass. Bans do NOT go from 3 hours the first ban, to 24 hours the second, then permanent the third. Not even remotely close.

OT: Go to the official forums and complain about it. I've heard of a few other experiences like this happening, and normally it's just people griefing other players. If you get 5 people to report 1 person AFK at the same time (supposedly even 3 in some BGs), they get insta kicked. No warning, no debuff, nothing. If it happens like 3 times, they get banned. It can even happen while a person is currently in the middle of combat with another player, and before a BG even begins, in the 2 minute preparation period. If enough people make forums about it, Blizz will acknowledge it's a terrible system, and do something about it. Complaining on mmo-champion forums won't cause anything constructive to happen, only a bunch of retards like the one I quoted calling you bad, and/or saying you deserve what you got, when you really didn't.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2011-11-23 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Damn auto correct...

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Firstly, the word is VOTED. With a D. I have no bloody idea how you can balls up a 5 letter word. Learning English, no matter what country you're from, you're taught that the past tense of a word just has an "ed" on the end. There is no excuse.

Secondly, as a healer, your job is to keep the flag carrier alive. Doesn't matter what the flag carrier decides to do. If you, as a healer, decide he's playing the BG wrong (and who are you to decide that anyway?), and let him die, the other team will likely end up capturing the flag. Then you lose. That doesn't make anyone happy.

Thirdly, If a flag carrier decides he can get an easy achievement in a short period of time by stopping to camp the GY for 2 minutes, then going on to cap the flag, then that should be perfectly allowed. Blizzard put the achievements in the game for a reason. To be obtained. If somebody takes a brief two minute detour for an achievement, they should NOT be banned for it (and ESPECIALLY not his healer). Maybe he could have been able to get Wrecking Ball from that BG. If Blizzard didn't want people slaughtering other people so much, they shouldn't leave that achievement in game.

Fourthly, slowing a BG down does not ruin ANYONE else's experience. If they don't want to wait, they can /AFK. If they do, the BG has a timer on it to prevent the game from going on too long. If he spends too long capping it, 2 things happen. The BG reaches it's time limit and ends and/or he gains a stacking debuff that increases his damage taken. NOBODY should be banned for making a BG slower by a few minutes. Most BGs last around 15 minutes anyway. They can only last 25 tops. 10 minutes extra because someone turtles is NOT going to ruin your game.

Lastly, you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. Do some research before spewing bullshit out of your ass. Bans do NOT go from 3 hours the first ban, to 24 hours the second, then permanent the third. Not even remotely close.

OT: Go to the official forums and complain about it. I've heard of a few other experiences like this happening, and normally it's just people griefing other players. If you get 5 people to report 1 person AFK at the same time (supposedly even 3 in some BGs), they get insta kicked. No warning, no debuff, nothing. If it happens like 3 times, they get banned. It can even happen while a person is currently in the middle of combat with another player, and before a BG even begins, in the 2 minute preparation period. If enough people make forums about it, Blizz will acknowledge it's a terrible system, and do something about it. Complaining on mmo-champion forums won't cause anything constructive to happen, only a bunch of retards like the one I quoted calling you bad, and/or saying you deserve what you got, when you really didn't.
    Firstly, stop acting like a retard and correcting people typos.

Secondly, as a healer, your "job" is to heal who you can to keep the team alive so that they can do the objectives needed to win the game, it is not your job to assist a friend to grind HKs at GY, while he is holding the flag and has no intention to cap it.

Thirdly, if a player decides to do achievements in a BG, he can do them without holding out the flag, so that other players in the team can play a normal game. If you want to do wrecking ball, do it without being a prick and holding the flag with you, rather simple isnt it.

Fourthly, there is no such thing as in slowing a BG down, there is a slow BG that is the result of both teams not being able to do the objectives required to win and there is being an ass and not wanting to do objectives and ruining the BG for everyone else. Example of this would be, take 1 tank and 4-5 healers. Tank takes the flag and stand in corner with healers healing him. You call that slowing down the game maybe, i call that retarded and on purpose ruining of a BG. Guess Blizzard agrees with me and not you...

Lastly, go qq on Blizzard forums and get a answer saying you were wrong and a locked topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post

Did you have a bad day, sure sounds like it.

Well Itakas did reply well to moste of your stuff, ill take part were you say i have no clue and that all i say comes out of my ass...

i didet said he will get banned after 4 warns, i was just pointing out that he was on the right way to a perma ban if he keeps ignoring the warns he got

Yeah I have no problem with you getting a 3 hour ban for that. Stop wasting other peoples time.

If it were a heroic, and the tank and healer went and did some stupid crap without the rest of the team and NOT doing the actual instance, I'd boot you both. And that's what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Likometa View Post
    Yeah I have no problem with you getting a 3 hour ban for that. Stop wasting other peoples time.

If it were a heroic, and the tank and healer went and did some stupid crap without the rest of the team and NOT doing the actual instance, I'd boot you both. And that's what happened.
    Except getting a ban for not wanting to do the same as the rest of the group also would happen if you are gonna compare the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amount of shit balance in pvp and bullshit like this has pushed me to not PvP anymore, unless it changes dramatically to as good as it was in Wrath then its going to stay that way as well. Inb4 Wrath pvp was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog View Post
    guess my pvp days are over and having 150 hksper bg are gone,blizz is just destroying every bg just so its finish faster in some u dont even do pvp(AV gogo rush tower and wait for boss)..seriously..
    Yeah it's great PvP action if one faction can't even leave the GY or simply has no chance reaching their flag because they're vastly outgeared.
    Imo flag holding should be considered as griefing. Uneven battles are only fun for one side. Besides most people are actually in random BGs for the honor or the PvP action, not to farm pointless HKs by oneshotting pve equipped priests (even though it's still fun to do if you get the chance)

It's "Capture the flag" not "Hold the flag hostage". Take the flag, turn it in, rinse and repeat until won. Don't waste other players time, neither that of your other team mates nor that of the opposite faction players (You know they're not Computers, they're players too)

Btw if you hadn't played chicken and hid behind your team mates but rather fought like a man, you wouldn't have got flagged for inactivity. No ban but still a dick move.
    Last edited by Samin; 2011-11-23 at 02:38 PM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not really a fan of these kinds of threads; "I got banned and I wasn't doing anything wrong. Let me tell you my point of view of what happened and then join me in outrage."

There's more to the story that we are not going to here, therefore I do not consider this a legitimate discussion.