Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Anyone want to tell me where you're getting this phantom 4-second cast time for Soul Fire at? It's a base 2 seconds for ALL specs. Demo can effectively cast it instantly once every 30 seconds (or after hitting a target under 25%). Destro can stack the cast time reduction on Destructive Influence to get an instant Soul Fire, presumably two times (since it stacks up to 40 at -.1sec per stack).
    Last edited by billtimbob; 2011-11-23 at 08:17 PM.

Ok, explain how it will work for Demonology then. Decimation will make it an instant cast, but if it is used above 25%, it will be twice as slow for 30 secs making it...an instant cast? It makes no sense, it is obvious that the base cast time will be 4 seconds, but 2 seconds as Demo, back to 4 if used above 25%, etc. You cant really take the tooltip values too serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making it 4 secs. If it is used beneath it it'll be instant. The 2 secs is the base. I agree it is silly for it to become instant but then we've little idea what the actual level 90 cast time will be.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Anyone want to tell me where you're getting this phantom 4-second cast time for Soul Fire at? It's a base 2 seconds for ALL specs. Demo can effectively cast it instantly once every 30 seconds (or after hitting a target under 25%). Destro can stack the cast time reduction on Destructive Influence to get an instant Soul Fire, presumably two times (since it stacks up to 40 at -.1sec per stack).
    For Prot warriors, Devastate is listed as reducing armor by 151%, stacking up to 3 times.

Work-in-progress is in progress.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm surprised that all this stuff just having been conceived has whacky numbers and values attached to them and not hard final numbers we can talk about. All of this is confusing me, waaah new rotations? Waaah things are different. lol

In all seriousness though some very interesting talents and changes, even if the numbers are drastically changed they aren't just blanket damage. Guys, warlocks get a blind.. a movement increase with lifetap.. a demo form thats more interesting.. evolved pets.. focus on the positives and be ready to give good constructive feedback in the beta.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2011-11-24 at 01:26 AM.

(Active)Mannoroth's Fury+Fire and Brimstone+Immolate+Rain of Fire+Several Incinerates+another FoB+Conflagrate=Aoe damage out the ass?
    After being sorely disappointed with Locks in Crapaclysm, I gotta say, things are looking up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each spec will have nice survivability tools but it's a pity that the SB/DT spell is exclusive to affliction. I'd rather that particular effect were available to all specs, perhaps by swapping it with one of the spell tier choices. Destro is looking like a possible AOE monster atm. Just bring back Chaos Bolt. <.<
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

You can set up 2 gateways, both are a 5 sec cast time, and a max of 5 players can fit through (think of absorbing Lightwell charges). A portal charge regenerates once every 15 seconds. The range on it is 70 yards.

So think of the locks current demonic teleport, but your team can also go through it (gateway, like the Dark Portal but small) but only up to 5 can travel through it, and then it starts to regenerate 1 charge every 15 seconds.

Blizz stated that this current iteration of the trees doesnt have the stuff theyve talked about recently in Q&As such as Demonic Slash. And missing spells such as Chaos Bolt and Demon Soul(didnt see it the times i looked but may of over looked it), id say are missing because the spell is still in the works of being changed and also because everythings incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    The tooltips are for the low level spell. The tooltip that says shadowbolt is 1.7 cast time is for the version you get at lvl1. Look at the cast time table here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Shadow_Bolt

"Complete list of warlock expansion changes from a pre alpha build with talents and spells that will look nothing like the final build"

Need I remind people what the pre alpha cata talents looked like compared to 4.0? Hell even early beta?

Deleted
    The biggest thing I see there is that, in my vision, the Drain Soul execution phase will be gone, because Malefic Grasp is much better than the current Drain Soul under 25% HP. Maybe they will add the Malefic Grasp effect to Drain Soul in the execution phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    The biggest thing I see there is that, in my vision, the Drain Soul execution phase will be gone, because Malefic Grasp is much better than the current Drain Soul under 25% HP. Maybe they will add the Malefic Grasp effect to Drain Soul in the execution phase.
    Or if Malefic Grasp affects channels aswell, it could be so that you arent supposed to execute with it like now, but to alternate between them when Nightfall procs, since it gives 9 secs of free 100% tick rate. That could be for multitarget purposes too though, but its a possibility at least. Maybe switch to DL above 25% and DS sub 25% is the optimal, or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    You can set up 2 gateways, both are a 5 sec cast time, and a max of 5 players can fit through (think of absorbing Lightwell charges). A portal charge regenerates once every 15 seconds. The range on it is 70 yards.

So think of the locks current demonic teleport, but your team can also go through it (gateway, like the Dark Portal but small) but only up to 5 can travel through it, and then it starts to regenerate 1 charge every 15 seconds.
    Gonna be pretty cool in battlegrounds

"OK, Imma make the portal from Farm to LM. After you guys cap farm, 5 of you can bamf up the hill and help us D".

Good time to be a warlock!

Damn, looooots of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Gonna be pretty cool in battlegrounds

"OK, Imma make the portal from Farm to LM. After you guys cap farm, 5 of you can bamf up the hill and help us D".

Good time to be a warlock!
    You are clearly failing to grasp how far 70 yards is.

i like what im seeing in the changes, but i cant help but feel like " warlocks - tons of spells removed, mages - added a ton of ways to be giant assholes in pvp because mages are hard " im just glad its not permentant so theres a chance that the devs will see how op mages will be again and change it

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are not OP in their current proposed talent builds. Far from it. If anything, it's Warlocks that are looking in much better shape. Mages have lost some CC, even. Arcane and fire might be on a more even keel now but they're so behind frost that it isn't even funny. Their new spells with the exception of Alter Time are boring and the specs remain pretty undifferentiated. Compare with greater variety in Warlock specs. If the Warlock changes go through they'll be a model in how to resuscitate a class.

An idea to bring back Chaos Bolt is to make Infernal Embers more Fel Flame into an instant version of it when stacked high enough. Even Fel Flame should ignore resistances and CB should ignore everything and anything. Unending Resolve is just the emergency button locks needed and very much in the class's character. I hope it remains as powerful as it is now and isn't watered down and/or dispellable, whilst other classes retain full blown immunities.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2011-11-25 at 01:38 AM.

If you want the descriptions from the panel about the warlock talent tree updates here is the video, its from Blizzcon and describes all the changes made!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLHUZE-Tqc

Sweet, so meta will now be like boomkin form? We can just pop in and out of it at will.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W