Deleted

Mists of Pandaria = the end of Atonement healing? Interesting.

Not sure if it's an oversight or a design change, but I noticed in the Discipline Priest abilities list Atonement isn't there. Are they removing this method of healing entirely?

Edit: Now that I look at it, it appears that the trees just aren't quite complete yet, so Atonement may be added at a later date.
    Last edited by mmocde770815f8; 2011-11-23 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrocurious View Post
    It's kind of OP compared to the other classes. You're doing as much healing, while doing 8-10k DPS. I'm not surprised, honestly.
    Atonement is good, but it's nowhere near "as much healing [as other classes]". It's just about equivalent to Heal spamming.

But yes, I do hope they don't remove Atonement. I really love it
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's an oversight. First of all because it was actually good design and secondly because Blizzard will, most of the time, try to make things work instead of scrapping it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how they could justify removing Attonement healing, while their headline class for MoP will, in fact, be doing healing while damage dealing.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they gave another spec the ability to damage heal as well...can't shamans do damage to regen mana?

Deleted
    I don't think it'll be removed… monks get some damage dealing based heal abilities, too.

Deleted
    The talent trees on there seem far from complete. For instance, no mind blast or mind spike anywhere in there.
    I doubt they'd remove those.

So wouldn't worry too much, I''m guessing it's just an oversight, and it'll be added later.

As far as Mind Spike and Mind Blast not being on the talent being an example of how incomplete the talent trees are remember that the talent trees are going to be far more streamlined and they are making more abilities base for classes/specs. Just because something isn't on there doesn't mean it will be removed. It's quite possible that atonement will be baseline for all disc priests. There is just no way to know for sure until they release a full list of what things are going to be baseline though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 10:13 AM ----------

Oh also obvi this is still waaay preliminary. So no doubt things will change/probably aren't very complete either way

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As far as Mind Spike and Mind Blast not being on the talent being an example of how incomplete the talent trees are remember that the talent trees are going to be far more streamlined and they are making more abilities base for classes/specs. Just because something isn't on there doesn't mean it will be removed. It's quite possible that atonement will be baseline for all disc priests. There is just no way to know for sure until they release a full list of what things are going to be baseline though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 10:13 AM ----------

Oh also obvi this is still waaay preliminary. So no doubt things will change/probably aren't very complete either way
    A-freaking-men.

I mean there are clear omissions in the current trees. Divine Aegis for example... this is just round 1 of the preview and blah blah blah, under development blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    There is just no way to know for sure until they release a full list of what things are going to be baseline though.7
    Going after the Q&A their plan was to release the talent calc with a list of all spec/class specific abilities, so that everything does make sense.

Druids, Mages, Warlocks, Paladins (basically everything with a 86+ spell) are all "complete". The remaining classes also seem to be not missing any of their abilities.

The heal priest specs are missing some of their core spells/passives required for some talents (Archangel/Serendipity), while Shadowpriests currently are missing most of their abilities/mechanics.

So in guess they pulled the data from some internal build in which most of the priests skills are being reworked. (Spike/MB/Orbs/PoH/Nova)

I also think that it's interesting that the only heal shadowpriests have atm is Flash heal. No renew, Heal, Greater Heal, etc.. Also: No more shadow prot? I suppose that could be due to oversight from wanting to get them out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoudao View Post
    I also think that it's interesting that the only heal shadowpriests have atm is Flash heal. No renew, Heal, Greater Heal, etc.. Also: No more shadow prot? I suppose that could be due to oversight from wanting to get them out there.
    They put it all into Devotion Aura and called it a day

Blizzard stated earlier that monks will be able to heal via damage and compared the mechanism to discipline priest's atonement. It's an oversight.

it not even alpha yet
    for example mind blast is not in that list as well but there are a couple of released talents that work with mb
    dont panic
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

The talent calculator released is far from complete. This is obvious in the absence of Mind Spike and Mind Blast despite mention of them in talents. Atonement is a really unique healing spec, and one I believe Blizzard to be very proud of, I don't see them scrapping it entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Evangelism is still in the spec. You're still intended to be casting Holy Fire and Smite, and they want to bring Holy Nova in that too. Atonement's not gone, just whoever is concept design for Priest wasn't there, so they threw in a bunch of spells and hoped they weren't missing anything.

Currently missing from the trees in all forms:
    Meditation, Prayer of Healing, Holy Nova, Mind Blast, Mind Spike, Shadow Orbs (but we have Shadow Orb Power!), Borrowed Time, Strength of Soul, Atonement, Heavenly Voice

I think we can let the Sky-is-falling die down now a little, because these aren't even alpha trees. These are barely even concept.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~