10+ Year Old Account

Paladin spells/talents in the new talent calculator

I hope this hasn't been posted already, if it has may the mods forgive my blunder and just feel free to remove this wall of text. Have a few mins 'til going out on business, thought I'd throw this up.

The official calculator tool has been released by Blizzard, and in it not only can we see the new talents but the spells given through choosing a spec:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...ent-calculator

I will mostly comment on the Ret side of things as prot seems mostly unchanged and I suck at Holy.

1. Seal of Justice no longer a talent but a spell. It's place has been taken by a talent that grants a 50% snare for 12 sec on a Judgment hit.

2. Speed of Light has been changed for other specs, for Ret it's now the speed boost + AoE heal as it was for Holy in Cata.

3. A new passive - your melee swings have a 25% chance to increase the speed of your next three melee swings.

4. A new passive - Judgment grants 1 HP and give a 4% damage increase on target.

5. Exorcism remains unchanged, but isn't tied to a talent anymore. It's just coded to activate only on melee swing procs.

6. Inquisition's max duration has been cut to 30 seconds.

7. Not sure but LAotL may have had its duration reduced. Was the sprint initially for 2 seconds?

8. SoB now makes haste affect HoW and Judge's cds also.

9. TV now has a cryptic tooltip saying that it consumes 3 HP to deal 39% weapon damage. Did they miss a zero? A bugged tip? Or does it mean it now scales linearly?

10. Divine Storm is a finisher that consumes 3 HP to deal 100% damage. Again as with TV, no scaling mentioned. Weird.

Otherwise, talents seem unchanged. Feel free to add something if I missed it.

Also, Holy paladins, feel free to add your changes too since I'm not about to start a discussion which I will understand nothing in =)
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-23 at 03:08 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Keyboard Turner Urban Holy Paladin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some changes for Holy Paladins with respect to healing and cc:

Conviction, Divinity, and Crusade are removed. It would appear that these effects have been taken into account in the base healing done by holy spells.

All of our spell haste buffs are gone. Judgments of the Pure no longer grants spell haste, and the passive spell haste aspect of Speed of Light has been removed. Divine Favor is removed. All in all, this is a significant nerf considering the long cast times for holy paladins.

Critical Strike chance buffs are gone. Divine Favor is removed. Last Word is removed. Infusion of Light no longer increase the critical chance of Holy Shock; this directly affects the chance to receive the cast time reduction of Infusion of Light for Holy Light and Divine Light.

Holy Radiance no longer receives the .5 second spell cast reduction from Clarity of Purpose which is now part of the base cast time for Holy Light and Divine Light. Holy Radiance no longer grants Holy Power.

Protector of the Innocent has been removed. Enlightened Judgments has been removed. We no longer convert spirit to hit and no longer have somewhat automatic self heals.

The cooldown for Avenging Wrath cannot be reduced.

Daybreak has been removed. It would appear that this proc has been rolled up into Sanctified Wrath. This is a shame since this proc is very handy.

The Holy benefit of Guardian of Ancient Kings is not explicitly stated. I assume it has not been changed.

Holy Wrath no longer stuns Demons and Undead and has a cast time. This cc has come in handy from time to time. However, Blinding Light incorporates this, albeit with a 3 minute cooldown.

Meditation has been removed. Although Restoration Druids and Shamans appear to keep this ability, this is either an oversight or a significant nerf to holy paladins.

Two positive changes:

Based upon some quick math, it looks like the baseline amount of our heals is slightly higher than the benefits we receive from Divinity and Crusade.

Although we lose the MP5 from Blessing of Might, we receive 5 points of Mastery. This could help mitigate the loss of our haste buffs and critical strike chance buffs through reforging, etc.

Obviously, there may be more changes that I'm missing. I have not generally commented on the new talents, just the holy specializations.
    Last edited by Urban Holy Paladin; 2011-11-23 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Im not happy with the way the new paladin tree turned out, theres a few plus's to it but theres nothing really new been added except the fact i can use a few ret skills as prot (which is my main spec).

The new skill "Blinding light" to be doesn't seem that useful, you might argue its an aoe stun for 10 seconds, but to me seems more useful in pvp then pve, unless theres going to be lots of adds on boss fights in MOP then it'll be quiet useful. But when you compare it to say Feral dps which is my other alt(thinking about main) that gets to steal a spell from another class, just seems, meh to me, im not excited about paladins changes and i should be, i love paladin.

Ferals getting so many more cool things such as spell stealing friendly and combat stealth, seems its one of those patches that has the hating for paladins. I will still play my paladin though, will always be my favourite class.