Deleted

AC respec is IN!

"The design goal and reason why we settled on this method is as follows.

People make mistakes. Quite a lot actually, surprisingly. The line 'omg, I picked the wrong AC' shows up more than you might expect in our chatlogs.

We do want your AC choice to matter, but we also don't want to punish simple mistakes. So, the current design is that changing your advanced class initially is cheap (e.g. changing it right at level 10 is almost free).

As you gain levels, the price increases dramatically, and quickly. At level 20, it might just be out of reach for almost everyone. The exact pricing curve is still being tweaked based on testing, of course.

We definitely know this is a controversial topic in the community, but we feel that this solution gives us the best of both worlds.

Short: We allow for mistakes and short term buyer's remorse, but don't realistically allow for changing your advanced class like pants."

Which means, the price for AC respec will be more expansive the higher level you get. As of level 20 it will pretty much be impossible to respec as because of the ingame money cost

Couldnt find a topic around this hence my reason to start this thread. I have seen several ppl with the wrong answer if ac respec is in or not

That's an old dev quote. More recent quotes imply that it's out again.

well we all know this. BUT its a temp ONLY thing, like say...

you wanna try commando healing just t osee if you lke it. you do not so you can go AC respec to Vanguard tanking for a feel. you do not like that well for twice the respec fee you can go back to commando and try arsenal.

Short: We allow for mistakes and short term buyer's remorse, but don't realistically allow for changing your advanced class like pants."
    this from your quote. so NO you cannot continually respec ACs which it the major debat going on with the AC respecing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That's an old dev quote. More recent quotes imply that it's out again.
    I was just about to say the same thing, it's like months old.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Either way i am happy, as long as you can't respec in higher levels i'd say its all fine.

About a week or so ago they said you won't be able to change AC at all. As mentioned that quote above is from a while ago, June-July time frame I think.
    #TeamTinkers

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played it yet, though I will this weekend, so my only real concern in no AC respec is how difficult/time consuming it is to get to level 10 again.

Deleted
    Right now , you can respec ( change the points you spend on the skill trees ) on your class.

But you cannot change your Class ( or Advanced Class ).

reaching lvl 10 is rather easy , but most of the people wont fail choosing their AC . This is because you choose one of 4 classes @ start.
    They after split in 2 , enhancing one of the parts of the char. So there won't be many that choose the wrong thing ( thinking about the style of gameplay and not the usual " I'm gona go X class cause it's overpowered and I need to reroll " )
    Last edited by mmocda69302ff9; 2011-11-23 at 04:56 PM.

Deleted
    I guess its just for people who press the wrong button or whatever. My own view is if you do this it is your own fault for not using your brain. I dont see the problem to let people respec for a couple of levels though, just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    I guess its just for people who press the wrong button or whatever. My own view is if you do this it is your own fault for not using your brain. I dont see the problem to let people respec for a couple of levels though, just in case.
    Up until the last build, AC descriptions were very vague in game and it was too easy to pick the wrong one by mistake. A simple double click of the mouse of hitting a number key (Razer Naga) would immediately through hours out the window. They pretty much told you nothing about your choice just that one is x and the other is y. The first 10 lvl aren't enough to make a valid decision on either of your AC choices since you don't have access to any of their unique abilities and wouldn't know what they are unless you have snooped around on the internet. AC choices should have some sort of grace period. Its not like a single player game where you can just reload if you goofed up.

I don't understand why people want the option to switch their AC.... that is literally like being able to switch your classes and would also make it seem as though their are only 4 unique classes in TOR instead of 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Question from an outsider interested in the game:

Does your choice of AC affect your storyline, or is that based on your base class?

Meaning, does a Jedi Sentinel have a different storyline than a Jedi Guardian?
    Nope. No story elements are different between ACs. Companions, ships, class quests, voice acting, all the same.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Thread needs to be locked.

That is mad old and they have since changed stances again

10+ Year Old Account
    They severely overestimate how often I change my pants.

Awesome though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Old info that has changed.

Closing.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net