TOR and thier new "security" BS

Ok so i go to login to my TOR acct

I get past username and Password

and then it pops up a security question that for the LIFE of me i cant remember cuz i havent used it in bout a year

so now i have NO TOR access and beta is right around the corner

I am getting really pissed at BW and the TOR site. within the last 2 months i had been asked to change pass TWICE because it doesnt meet their standards and now this

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

and then it pops up a security question that for the LIFE of me i cant remember cuz i havent used it in bout a year

I am getting really pissed at BW and the TOR site. within the last 2 months i had been asked to change pass TWICE because it doesnt meet their standards and now this
    Why don't you just take the 15 seconds and make an ACTUAL answer. The things they are asking you to do aren't painstakingly hard, the security questions are very easy to remember...

No reason to get "pissed" at bioware/swtor website for your laziness.

I tend to do a good job in setting up my account security, I guess I'm the 1%. Phone their phone support. You have no one to blame but yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your fault for making it a stupid answer you could never remember.

i can SEE OTHERS are having the SAME problem as me
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-passwords
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-23 at 06:39 PM.

What was your favorite pet
    What school did you first go to
    What was the name of your first boy/girlfriend

Those are the ones you should pick. I'll agree some of these security questions are rather unique, I haven't see them before. They don't have the obvious ones: Where were you born, Mother's maiden name, High school ect. Some of these I can't even apply too! "favorite" things can change, but I think, if you put something as your favorite, you'd remember what you put when you made the answer if you truly did have it as your favorite, and not just some random fill in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Deleted
    besides i can SEE OTHERS are having the SAME problem as me
    Security questions isn't something you forget. Like, where was your mother born. Or what was the name of ur best friend in high school or whatever. Ur just a dumb kid who put in something random.

It's not the matter of the question, but the placement. When I put in my security questions, I placed down four. Now it gives me a question that I never put in so I have no answer and support is slow as hell to trying to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Breath in, no no take a nice and easy breath and RELAX for the love of God.

Contact customer support.

It's not "security BS" when it will give you another layer of protection. When you hacked don't go crying because you can't be arsed to think of something normal and easy to remember.

Anyway I didn't know there were security questions prior to the recent security change =/
    -K

It's still your fault that you picked the odd question and made an odd answer, and for feedback...I'm not sure what kind of feedback can come from this post. Would you like is to rub your back and tell you everything is going to be okay? Use your head and email bioware like any normal person would do. It is the only thing you can do because you were too retarded to make a good question/answer combo.
    I made my security questions over a year ago, yet I remember them. AMG I MUST BE A WIZARD D:
    And lastly, umadbro?
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-23 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    Hahaha wow. You mad?

Security questions isn't something you forget. Like, where was your mother born. Or what was the name of ur best friend in high school or whatever. Ur just a dumb kid who put in something random.
    Well unless he facerolled his keyboard when setting the security question....

Immaturity is screaming out of OP...
    -K

video game raggggggggggggggggggggggggggge!!!!

If you care so much about the credentials of something, whether it be an email, a game, your facebook or anything else you should've chosen a question that you KNEW you could answer. Hopefully you've learned a lesson

I believe they gave you good feedback. Contact BW support, and they will iron everything out. The times i have had to contact them i recieved a response in less than an hour.

Also, I do believe the security questions are for your benefit. I heavily suggest creating them and using topics you will remember. If that is too difficult just write the answers to each question down and put it in a file ( I do this just incase). I'd rather have a few extra percautions when speaking about account security than not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Well unless he facerolled his keyboard when setting the security question....

Immaturity is screaming out of OP...
    Which again is his own stupidity.

They invited me to the beta and I forgot my password or something, I just decided at this point I dont care and if im going to play ill play at release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    What was your favorite pet
    What school did you first go to
    What was the name of your first boy/girlfriend

Those are the ones you should pick. I'll agree some of these security questions are rather unique, I haven't see them before. They don't have the obvious ones: Where were you born, Mother's maiden name, High school ect. Some of these I can't even apply too! "favorite" things can change, but I think, if you put something as your favorite, you'd remember what you put when you made the answer if you truly did have it as your favorite, and not just some random fill in.
    with he way he rages im sure the answer to 3 would be his right hand but seriously pick 5 easy questions how hard is that like others have said the blame rests with you and if other do this too all i can say is i see a grim future for SWTOR if people cant remember a simple answer

They really need to let you add your own questions. Most of the secret questions they have to choose from have answers almost anybody could easily find out. I couldn't find 5 I was "happy" to use so I had to stick with 3.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jdman View Post
    They invited me to the beta and I forgot my password or something, I just decided at this point I dont care and if im going to play ill play at release.
    How are you going to play at release if you don't know your password?

10+ Year Old Account

Its actually a new feature. You should be able to login to your SWTOR account to setup 5 security questions for their new system. Those are the questions you will be asked via the client. You probably just need to get them setup.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is not a Bioware or SWTOR.com website issue. This is a you issue. They have heightened their security measures for YOUR safety so YOU don't come crawling to them in a month and a half when your account has been hacked. If YOU can't remember YOUR security questions, contact their customer support. In the future, try not to rage so much at something that is a preventable issue.

Well, that isn't totally true. If the site isn't operating properly at the moment it would be a swtor.com problem lol. I assume it isn't working because every forum link takes me to Character Classes and not the proper forum.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-23 at 06:58 PM.