Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No More Haunt! :(

in the Talent calculator there is no longer a haunt spell... did I just over look it or is it gone for good? or did they just forget to put it in there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... that's weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to be gone, and tbh, I like it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replaced by Malefic Grasp. Spammable spell that deals damage and causes dots to tick much faster is good. however, i think that the Shadow Damage of haunt, the extra% to dots is made baseline into dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

We're not even in the alpha yet. Things are clearly unfinished. Spriests don't have Devouring Plague yet.

We may or may not get it back. I understand it's looking like it's been rolled into malefic grasp, but I will miss the animation and hell just the name. I was excited as all hell when I was first able to talent into Haunt ... really felt very warlocky to me ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Blizz made a post about this just now. Check it out before wondering.

I mean the pre-alpha part
    Last edited by mmoca0bbe02348; 2011-11-23 at 08:38 PM.

It also says that Malefic grasp is a channeled spell so i don't know how that's going to work with drain soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Replaced by Malefic Grasp. Spammable spell that deals damage and causes dots to tick much faster is good. however, i think that the Shadow Damage of haunt, the extra% to dots is made baseline into dots.
    Malefic Grasp
    Req lvl 42
    2% base mana 40yd range
    channeled
    Binds the target in twilight, causing 1052 shadow
    damage over 3 seconds.

In addition, all of your periodic spells tick 100% faster
    while afflicted by Malefic Grasp.

Empowered Channel: Recasting this spell before it
    finishes boosts the duration by 3 sec. Stacks 5 times.
    (7 second bane of doom ticks anyone)<<((lame bane of doom is demo only now!!!!!!))
    its essentially a drain life that nukes and doesnt heal you. (as much)

Haunt Level 85
    12% of base mana 40 yd range
    1.5 sec cast 8 sec cooldown
    You send a ghostly soul into the target, dealing
    ((($SP * 0.5577) * 1.25) + 922) Shadow
    damage and increasing all damage done by
    your Shadow damage-over-time effects on the
    target by 20% for 12 sec.When the Haunt
    spell ends or is dispelled, the soul returns to
    you, healing you for 100% of the damage it did
    to the target.
    I for one Prefer Malefic grasp.. though i play my lock in pvp..

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Subetei View Post
    It also says that Malefic grasp is a channeled spell so i don't know how that's going to work with drain soul.
    its not you cant channel both...
    Last edited by Wolfshark; 2011-11-23 at 07:49 PM.

Thank God!

Atm our multi dotting is limited by Haunt. And I thought that in MoP it will be further limited by Haunt and Maewhatever Grasp...

Quote Originally Posted by Jawew View Post
    Blizz made a post about this just now. Check it out before wondering.
    lol so they just said what we've already been saying in here -- either it got forgotten or it's rolled into malefic grasp.

:P

Check out the new effect for Nightfall (affliction-only spec spell). My big question is ... after you get an instant MG proc, and it increases your dot haste by 100% ... I understand that in execute range you will be casting drain soul, but outside of execute, what do you do ? Cast some other, low-priority nuke ? And if all there is to do is keep channeling MG, well, does the haste buff stack ? 200% dot haste while channeling MG on a target that you've used an instant MG on ?

Hrm, holy crap ... I wonder if Drain Soul counts as a dot as far as the MG haste bonus to periodic ticks ... I mean, it counts as a dot as far as our puppy's shadowbite, right ?

Man, I'm really looking forward to draining the hell out of mobs ... back in BC I went for a Nether Ray instead of a Nether Drake because I liked our various drains ... felt so much like a leech I figured the Nether Ray was fitting. Although I guess they look more like algae eaters than leeches.

I am sad and happy with this change. Sad because I just love
    Haunt also really liked the Malefic Grasp. Hey Blizzard! Can I have both? xP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshark View Post
    its not you cant channel both...
    yet it clearly says that it is. Apparently you get the stacks up to 5 then drain soul and maybe reset dots for 15 sec. looks like a pretty radical change.
    Last edited by Subetei; 2011-11-23 at 08:02 PM.

On one hand, removing haunt may be an indirect buff to us because we wouldn't be balanced around the buff it gives, so our spells will overall be tuned to be a little better. On the other hand, it's still a cool spell and I think they're removing too many cool spells for everyone. For example I still don't get why Incinerate is destro only now, it seems like Blizzard is balancing everything around raids and high end pvp instead of the role playing & fun factor. I don't roleplay but this is an RPG after all, and if I want to incinerate a bunny as an affliction lock I should be able to.

I like haunt lol, asthetical speaking its a cute spec sounds meanacing when u cast it.

I hope they include it on some other form, haunt could be a nuke with a CD u can cast but something like requiring dots to do good damge to prevent burst, abit what Mindblast is for SPs atm

yet it clearly says that it is. Apparently you get the stacks up to 5 then drain soul and maybe reset dots for 15 sec. looks like a pretty radical change.
    No ... you're reading it wrong ... the stack increases the duration of the channel ... basically it's there to prevent clipping.

The ONLY way to get the dot haste buff without actively channeling MG is to proc an instant MG via nightfall.

There are quite a few spells that are missing over a number of classes. Some are probably just being tweaked, not entirely removed. Demon Soul is also gone.

There are no stacks of Malefic Grasp. While you are channeling it, your dots tick 100% faster.
    If you get a nightfall proc, Malefic Grasp is instant and puts a 9 second debuff on the target.

A nightfall proc is the only way that you can have Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul active at the same time as it stands right now. That's how they work together.

To everyone freaking out:

The talent calculator is bugged/not working/not final. A lot of spells are missing from most classes. IE, Mind Blast and Mind Spike are missing from Priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    There are no stacks of Malefic Grasp.
    Why does no one read what the spell description says?

"Empowered Channel: Recasting this spell before it
    finishes boosts the duration by 3 sec. Stacks 5 times."

The calc looks far from complete. I wouldn't be too worried about it.