Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post
    Oh yeah...give me more!

(XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cranica View Post
    My mom believes reason and logic only go so far, and that feeling is more valid.
    More valid for what purpose? And why?

Well, nvm, attempting to rationally argue the statement "Feeling is more valid than reason" is probably not going to go very far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Machiavelli wasn't much about justification at all. He, like many, many other Italians, were really sick of infighting among the Italian city-states and wanted a return to a stronger, more unified state ala Rome. The Prince contains basically two reference sources: contemporary Italians and their neighbors, and the Roman empire. None of the rulers he cites, good or bad, were the slightest bit democratic; Machivelli discerns between people who govern effectively and people who do not. The question of legitimacy isn't really important to him, nor would it have been particularly wise to write about, since he was writing for a usurper.
    While reason and logic can be very helpful, we are still mammals and not considering emotion can often lead to hardship.

To you or I, yes, but not for them. My parents differ on this. My dad goes in a "they [i.e., whatever group is being disagreed with at the moment] attacked us first, so we have to attack them or they win" direction. My mom believes reason and logic only go so far, and that feeling is more valid.\

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 02:01 AM ----------

Python. The forum broke my whitespace.

AUGH Quote fail.

Deleted
    Holy shit, Fastest Chrome is smart...

Highlighted Python with double click to see stuff about it and showed the usual snake stuff, so middle clicked it to open a new tab and it opened on the programming version...

I'm scared, my browser is stalking me.

Anyways, good night ponies.

Oh, and you (yes, you), dont turn around. There is a demon possessed little girl behind you, but she wont touch you if you dont look at her. So yeah, dont turn around.

Laters!
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post

Oh, and you (yes, you), dont turn around. There is a demon possessed little girl behind you, but she wont touch you if you dont look at her. So yeah, dont turn around.

Laters!
    Have a good night Ana.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

More valid for what purpose? And why?

Well, nvm, attempting to rationally argue the statement "Feeling is more valid than reason" is probably not going to go very far.
    Pretty much.

While reason and logic can be very helpful, we are still mammals and not considering emotion can often lead to hardship.
    Of course you consider emotion. It's part of the world around you and part of yourself, and is therefore something you "put in" to reasoning. But it doesn't mean that you deny well-established conclusions because you feel like they're wrong. I'm actually really glad I won't be around tomorrow night, I'm stressed as hell lately and the last thing I need is a political argument with a whole table of people on the other side of the aisle >.<

EDIT: Around family, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently incarnated as a human on the planet earth
    I have returned from barn chores. You guys made decent progress.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post

Laters!
    speaking of little girls
    have the poltergeist theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No one is suggesting becoming vulcans. Just that there is places for emotions, and there aren't. When the fate of an entire country of people hangs in the balance, I don't accept "It should be this way because of my feeling" as a valid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nother new thread!

This calls for a party!

US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

So.. I've started to watch this. I admit I used to love the original cartoon as a kid (best episodes - Bright Lights, Return of Tambelon and End of Flutter Valley) and the original movie too (Nothing can stop the Smooze... except the Flutter Ponies that is). This new one is pretty awesome, I watched all of season one and up to umm.. season 2 episode 7 (all I could find on Youtube) in around 3 days. So uhh... Original Brony checking in here.

P.S. Fluttershy is best pony.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2011-11-24 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    speaking of little girls
    have the poltergeist theme!
    * gets to 8 seconds in

NOPE. too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Nother new thread!

This calls for a party!

Yay party! Welcome Sas!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post

Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight Twilight

That is all.

So.. I've started to watch this. I admit I used to love the original cartoon as a kid (best episodes - Bright Lights, Return of Tambelon and End of Flutter Valley) and the original movie too (Nothing can stop the Smooze... except the Flutter Ponies that is). This new one is pretty awesome, I watched all of season one and up to umm.. season 2 episode 7 (all I could find on Youtube) in around 3 days. So uhh... Original Brony checking in here.

Deleted

Welcome to the herd.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Hey there! Welcome to the thread.

I have more diamonds than I do coal.

I am the 1%.