Looking for a graphics card upgrade.

Hey guys, I'm currently looking to buy a new graphics card which will run most of the new games which are out/coming out with ease and without lag or not a lot of lag. I'm looking for one in the £80-£100 margin, but wouldn't mind cheaper of course

Computer specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 425 Processor

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200

PCI slots: 1x PCI Express 1x
    1x PCI

If you need any more info let me know.

HD6770.
    Your CPU is too slow for a faster card.
    Have you tried unlocking it ?
    Edit:
    What is your motherboard ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-11-23 at 09:54 PM.

And how would i go about Unlocking it?

Not to tech savvy

Then don't try it.
    What is your motherboard and power supply ?

I thought the CPU was the motherboard, and i aint sure on the power supply.

Any way of knowing what your power supply is without taking your comp a part?

Edit
    I can tell you the make of my comp if it'll help: Packard Bell iMedia S3210 Desktop/PC.
    Last edited by Raknaroth; 2011-11-23 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raknaroth View Post
    I can tell you the make of my comp if it'll help: Packard Bell iMedia S3210 Desktop/PC.
    Unfortunately I'm unable to find anything on that system, a few posts regarding upgrading it(much like yours) but nothing regarding specifications or even support options kind of weird. Anyways if you're comfortable opening the system, which you'll have to do if you upgrade it anyway, look on the side of the power supply and look for a sticker. That sticker should have most of the specs for the unit, will likely be a 350-400W unit though but definitely worth checking for sure.

Alright mate i'll check.

Just to confirm would: Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    Be able to install properly and be running smoothly or would you need to have the power supply wattage to confirm that?

Is it this one ?

This is a DTX motherboard so the case is too small.
    You will need a new case (about £50), a new power supply (£60-70) and then you will be able to buy something like a Radeon HD6770 and play games on it.
    My personal recommendation is to just buy a new PC at that point.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-11-23 at 10:54 PM.

Alright mate i'll check.

Just to confirm would: Sapphire 11189-00-20G HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
    Be able to install properly and be running smoothly or would you need to have the power supply wattage to confirm that?

Yea its that one, So i'll have to hold off on getting a new graphics card till i get a new computer? *sigh* that sucks... well i'll have to make due with buying the xbox 360 version of Skyrim/MW3/Assassin's Creed... well thanks for your time and info.

Quote Originally Posted by Raknaroth View Post
    Yea its that one, So i'll have to hold off on getting a new graphics card till i get a new computer? *sigh* that sucks...
    It's better than spending +£200 on upgrading this one and still having a mediocre PC.
    Next time don't buy such terrible pre-built configurations. They are a nightmare to upgrade.

You got a point there, I might just start saving up to build a gaming comp or something.
    It was a Christmas gift from my parents... and it was a MAJOR upgrade to the one i previously had.
    Last edited by Raknaroth; 2011-11-23 at 11:48 PM.