Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

No more healing in prot/ret, death of the hybrid?

According to the main page, Holy Light, Divine Light, and Holy Radiance are now exclusive to the holy tree. That leaves us with WoG, and Flash of Light only.
    So what is your take on this? just take the hybrid out of our class. Now, maybe I am just over reacting, but now we can't even out heal a blood dk casting.

I should mention that I am prot, not ret. So the selfless healer doesn't affect me.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2011-11-24 at 02:31 AM.

Works for me. Now give me my gap closer. I never wanted to heal anyway, that's what the holy tree is for. There's still provisions for some self-healing, but thank fuck they're taking away some healing tools so we're not EXPECTED to heal in PvP.

Ouch. That is gonna hurt the soloers if it goes ahead in Pandaria!

But then we can say this next bit is OP:!!
    Word of Glory now has no cooldown for Protection and Retribution instead of just Holy.

The point of those changes seem to be ending the whole "hybrid tax" deal that doesn't exist but that the community is always complaining about when they're speaking of classes. Like "how do you think it's fair you can do so much damage, stun AND HAVE HEALS? LOL RIDICULOUS".

Now you have only spot healing from Flash and Word of Glory. Seems reasonable, takes away a lot of community outrage, makes balancing the specs easier.

Sounds like a good scenario.

This is only really a minor inconvenience in the leveling game, because once you're doing any endgame content, there is almost no situation where hard-casted heals are viable for anything as prot or ret.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    According to the main page, Holy Light, Divine Light, and Holy Radiance are now exclusive to the holy tree. That leaves us with WoG, and Flash of Light only.
    So what is your take on this? just take the hybrid out of our class. Now, maybe I am just over reacting, but now we can't even out heal a blood dk casting.
    It seems a bit extreme. But Blizzard has been taking the lazy option towards class balance and game design for a while. Its somewhat ironic that they are trying to re-establish other hybrids as hybrids.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Anonym89 View Post
    Ouch. That is gonna hurt the soloers if it goes ahead in Pandaria!

But then we can say this next bit is OP:!!
    Word of Glory now has no cooldown for Protection and Retribution instead of just Holy.
    The WoG change just reverts a nerf that was unjustified to begin with.

My question to you doomsayer is this...... how many of these freaking heals do you currently use in combat..... oh yeah none of them beside wog??? Holy light you only use for the crusade proc after combat. Guess what crusade buff is on FoL now. Like seriously you guys are just terrible at looking at a big picture, open your eyes its the same healing (somehow improved) that ret currently have lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This is only really a minor inconvenience in the leveling game, because once you're doing any endgame content, there is almost no situation where hard-casted heals are viable for anything as prot or ret.
    Hurts our soloing capabilities quite a bit. Though I admit the only time I have ever used a hard cast is when crusader procs I can get a good holy light, or pop holy radiance for intense aoe damage phases.

My distress is more about blizzard taking such an extreme measure, as Talen said.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do why should the hybrids be op to the dedicated classes?

Apparently you missed the Supplication passive skill as well as the Selfless Healer talent. It's fine.

These changes give us more powerful and reliable healing. FoL crusade > holy light crusade. Spammable wog again, possibility of a shield finisher if we want. If anything soloing stuff will be much easier then before.

As long as my healing tools are sufficient for the solo game, I'm happy. I think it'd be even better if FoL and WoG couldn't target other players as Ret. Let me go pure murder without having to level a new main

FoL costs 1/3 of our mana, I'd like the option to have a slower, lower mana cost heal. It seems like they are simply taking away choices from ret. Can only use tv at 3hp, cannot hardcast exo, taking away healing options, taking away our utility of aoe stunning undead/demons/elementals(if glyphed). While there are some nice changes in there, overall I'm pretty disappointed with the ret tree.

Deleted
    Changes to Flash of Light and related talents means this just trims the fat. Not as though there was any real reason to use the other heals (Divine, Holy) outside of Crusade! Procs.

Solo play will actually improve with the selfless healer changes meaning that every 2 judgements we can FoL ourselves at no mana cost (With no + healing buff but still a plus over now).

Paladin changes look hot. Hoping that the haters will reroll as they are clearly not worth having in the community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbbailey View Post
    I hope they do why should the hybrids be op to the dedicated classes?
    Doesn't really make any sense tbh, how does this make a hybrid op?
    If anything, it's only been hurting Ret, being balanced around retarded healing spells.
    I hope most of them are gone for Ret, except WoG and maybe FoL, or give us some passive healing.

* also for me, a hybrid means.. Can play different specs.. Not, can cast a 2.5 second shitty 10k heal in their dps spec , and therefor has a tax on their dps compared to pure classes.
    Last edited by mmoc7429eb4fcc; 2011-11-23 at 11:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Selfless Healer, Flash of Light is free, and it heals for 300% more with Supplication active. Flash of Light heals for a lot more than Holy Light, so if you're worried about healing while soloing, it should be even better than it is now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Changes to Flash of Light and related talents means this just trims the fat. Not as though there was any real reason to use the other heals (Divine, Holy) outside of Crusade! Procs.

Solo play will actually improve with the selfless healer changes meaning that every 2 judgements we can FoL ourselves at no mana cost (With no + healing buff but still a plus over now).

Paladin changes look hot. Hoping that the haters will reroll as they are clearly not worth having in the community.
    edited your post just in time, thought i saw something in there about "should have rolled a DK" which makes zero sense seeing Retribution been in game much, much longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    FoL costs 1/3 of our mana, I'd like the option to have a slower, lower mana cost heal. It seems like they are simply taking away choices from ret. Can only use tv at 3hp, cannot hardcast exo, taking away healing options, taking away our utility of aoe stunning undead/demons/elementals(if glyphed). While there are some nice changes in there, overall I'm pretty disappointed with the ret tree.
    It takes me over 10 casts of Holy Light with no crits or crusade to heal over 100k health. That's 30 seconds before haste. I may as well have eaten food.
    Templar's Verdict before 3 HP is LESS THAN HALF AS POWERFUL making is useless in all situations and the tool of the foolish. Exorcism hard casted ooms us and does no damage. Our removed AoE stun is replaced with a cover all AoE BLIND EFFECT THAT IS NOT TYPE RESTRICTIVE.

I have outlined the parts which make your post make no sense in caps. What are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kath01 View Post
    edited your post just in time, thought i saw something in there about "should have rolled a DK" which makes zero sense seeing Retribution been in game much, much longer.
    I see the word Solo, I assume people mean old content as questing and other solo activities are so trivial/easy that I find it hard to make any real complaints. Self healing isn't much of an issue when you're two shotting mobs.

I reread, and to my amazement realised people actually split hairs about such things. Lucky for me I don't I suppose.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-11-23 at 11:39 PM.

I dont hope they are going to take away most of the hybrid classes, like this for instance.. but it does not look like druids are affected by this.