10+ Year Old Account

Packers vs. Lions

Who here is ready for the most epic game of the year? The lions were considered to be the 2nd best team in the NFL until they took a few loses, and the 49's took the #2 position. Being a Packers fan I can't wait to watch the game while eating Thanksgiving with the family

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait! Going to be an epic game. Hopefully we will see a little bit of life in our defense this game instead of Rodgers carrying us for the win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear ya man, that game against the Bucc's was too close for an undefeated team.

15+ Year Old Account
    However the game turns out it will definitely be fun. 1,500 standing room only tickets are sold so its going to be packed. And the lions are good enough that they might have a chance at beating the packers so its not a "practice" match like it would have been in past years.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Could go either way, and that's the reason I can barely wait for this game. GB-supporter here, but it's surely nice to see the Lions going that strong after so many miserable seasons. Whichever team wins, hope it's gonna be one tight match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring game overall, and more proof why the Lions are a immature and young organization, they really need to pull themselves together.

I remember watching the Lions in preseason against the Pats and thinking they were going to be a tough team to beat. They started the season off well but now 2 wins in the last 6 games and those two wins were against Denver and Carolina. Not sure what's happening there but they better get their butts in gear.

I'm curious to see if Suh gets suspended and if so how many games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that game wasn't very exciting for the buildup over the season. The stunt that Suh pulled was uncalled for, and made me lose some respect for one of the Lions best players. GB's D still needs some work, but it seems they are working their way up.

Green Bay will go undefeated If they don't take a rest In any games. They will be going to the super bowl.

....Anyone remember XLII?

All the buildup for this game, the hype and all that, and the lions went into the game looking just awful. I kind of feel bad for them really, is it just that the packers are so good?

I think minnesota can take the lions next time we play! Especially since Suh will probably be suspended!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Green Bay will go undefeated If they don't take a rest In any games. They will be going to the super bowl.

....Anyone remember XLII?
    You never know what will happen in the playoffs not too long ago we got to see the power house Patriots and their 18-1 season.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes the packers are off to a wicked good pace in the season, but frankly, the season ain't over and anything can happen. keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Yeah that game wasn't very exciting for the buildup over the season. The stunt that Suh pulled was uncalled for, and made me lose some respect for one of the Lions best players. GB's D still needs some work, but it seems they are working their way up.
    While it is true that the defense overall certainly has room to improve, a fun fact regarding the Green Bay Defensive Squad: Green Bay leads the league in take-away's (specifically 21 int's, 3 FR's) with a whopping 24(they have had a take-away in EVERY game this season with an interception in every game since week 2). While overall they certainly need to work on Yards Allowed, they do a good job of stepping up when it's needed and stopping the score. Clay Mathew's INT in the second quarter set-up the first score of the game and really gave the Packers O' some much needed momentum.

Regarding the ejections, Lee being ejected was way out of line. The guy was being man-handled for 15 yards by two Lions players. Both of the Lions players continued to be VERY hands-on after the play was called dead and a flag was not thrown until AFTER Lee pushed back. I can understand a ref giving out a 15 yard USC but ejection?!

Suh, on the other hand, totally deserved it. The flag was thrown while he was banging Smith's helmet on the ground repeatedly. While Suh insisted he was simply trying to get up and 'remove himself' from the situation, a replay of the event showed him CLEARLY slamming Smith's head repeatedly into the ground while he trash-talked through Smith's ear-hole. After being lifted off of Offensive Lineman Smith by another GB player, Pickett, he decided to get one last bit in by stomping his right arm. Despite Suh claiming he was attempting to balance himself, video footage shows him kicking at the grounded player with great force, even leaping into the air in the process.

The best part about all of that is, if Suh had left well enough alone, the Packers would have been forced to attempt a FG. The 15 yard penalty bought the Packers a free 1st down and eventually, a TD. Also, Suh will likely face a suspension from the league due to his actions.
    Last edited by Aramile; 2011-11-25 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Besides, they have updated models, updated abilities, and are in completely different locations. Really the only thing psyically the same is their names, so if you don't care for plotlines whats it matter who the dragons are? They're just meaningless loot bags to you.
    Shaman Armory
    Mage Armory

I am not sticking up for Suh at all right now, but he did not "Slam" or "Smash" or "throw" the guys head into the ground. I have heard that like 20000000 times on many different websites. He was like..barely tapping on his head, I know it sounds silly for such a big guy, but it would have been more annoying then any actual physical danger for the packer player at that point. The kick is ridiculous enough, trying to come up with crazy descriptions for the rest just lessens the fact that he should be suspended for the kicking.