Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    What the heck,do you call that fat?
    I gotta agree, that's definitely not fat.
    - Hand: n., A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by athrl View Post
    More cushion for the pushin', but thats cuddly at most, not fat. Would also love to be able to make a character so fugly that parents would cover their childrens eyes when I walk past.

  3. #23
    Games usually let you make ugly or rugged looking males. Females are almost always bouncing cartoons. In Aion players can truly make alien looking characters or completely unrealistically beautiful characters. Though Aion is about the only MMO I know of that allows that kind of freedom for both genders.

    It was refreshing as hell in Rift to have female figures that were not cartoonish and fit/muscular while still looking feminine. We also got TOR where face options are diverse but body type is limited to 4. To quote Mike B; there is 1. needs a triple cheeseburger, 2. needs a double cheeseburger, 3. enjoys a cheeseburger and 4. really likes cheeseburgers.

    XD

    GW2 character creator looks way more diverse but still humanistic. If you look at some of the videos closely you can see hints of ethnicity without being caricatures for the humans and norn. That's really difficult to pull off effectively because of the way humans (IRL ones) process the human face the closer it is realism.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Would also love to be able to make a character so fugly that parents would cover their childrens eyes when I walk past.
    /dreams Now we are talking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Games usually let you make ugly or rugged looking males. Females are almost always bouncing cartoons. In Aion players can truly make alien looking characters or completely unrealistically beautiful characters. Though Aion is about the only MMO I know of that allows that kind of freedom for both genders.

    It was refreshing as hell in Rift to have female figures that were not cartoonish and fit/muscular while still looking feminine. We also got TOR where face options are diverse but body type is limited to 4. To quote Mike B; there is 1. needs a triple cheeseburger, 2. needs a double cheeseburger, 3. enjoys a cheeseburger and 4. really likes cheeseburgers.
    This. I dont want to play cartoon chars, if I wanted to I would break out the old Tomb Raider games and watch Laura bounce about. I want to have the options of being fat, ugly and as unusual as I can. Its only fair to all of us if we were given that option, for both sexes that is. There are so many people in need of cheeseburgers in MMOs that I start to fear for the cows in this game.
    Last edited by Armida; 2011-11-24 at 05:36 PM. Reason: For being a lazy * fill in what fits *
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Thanks for agreeing in advance?
    Whoops... I meant... Milanor. By time I got to the bottom of the thread I could have sworn it was your post. Seeing as how it was constructive and made sense.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome vilhelm1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Posts
    519
    i agree with this thread, i want a stocky looking guardian, as for "fat people cant be fighters" i'd like to refer you to the worlds strongest man competitions, the majority of them seem to have very little actual muscle tone, most of them look plain fat, but i doubt you'd want to mess with one

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 05:43 PM ----------


    i want to look like these ingame

  7. #27
    The Patient Docdruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lisboa, Portugal
    Posts
    272
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005033/ Just a reminder for those that think a fat man can't jump, be fast or fight...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by athrl View Post
    asdfghjkl

    fighting rage.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i agree with this thread, i want a stocky looking guardian, as for "fat people cant be fighters" i'd like to refer you to the worlds strongest man competitions, the majority of them seem to have very little actual muscle tone, most of them look plain fat, but i doubt you'd want to mess with one

    i want to look like these ingame
    Those guys aren't straight up fat though. The human body can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time because both use too much energy so fat people actually build muscle way easier than skinny people unless you have really good genes. I wouldn't want extremely fat models ingame because it is in a medieval setting and wouldn't make much sense to have really fat people anyway because of the lack of food. Now chubby models I could deal with.

  10. #30
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    You shouldn't be able to make a FAT, and i mean really really FAT character, however i know for a fact you can have a norn with a bearkeg stomach, and i'm fine with that. The heroes shouldn't have to be in perfect shape, but it should at least be in good enough shape that it's believable that they're out there fighting...

    PS: You can totally make your character one ugly fucker from some of the character design things i've seen, you can't really make them super fat or anything though...

    @ vilhelm1992 I'm pretty sure you COULD look like those guys in GW2, they're not really fat in the way i think most of us are thinking fat...

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 12:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by athrl View Post
    Do you even know what fat is?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome vilhelm1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Those guys aren't straight up fat though. The human body can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time because both use too much energy so fat people actually build muscle way easier than skinny people unless you have really good genes. I wouldn't want extremely fat models ingame because it is in a medieval setting and wouldn't make much sense to have really fat people anyway because of the lack of food. Now chubby models I could deal with.
    i'm sorry what? there was no fat people in medieval times? those people pretty much just ate LARD... and if anything people in GW2 should be fatter since there are portals everywhere..., also yeah as you said, so why cant there be people in a fantasy game that are also fat and strong?, its just how i envision my character and would be a shame if i couldn't make him at least noticeably fat

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 06:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    @ vilhelm1992 I'm pretty sure you COULD look like those guys in GW2, they're not really fat in the way i think most of us are thinking fat...

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 12:38 PM ----------



    Do you even know what fat is?
    i'm okay with it then :P and i suppose if people mean *a wild snorlax* appears fat then.. nah they'll be out of breath before they reach an enemy..

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i'm sorry what? there was no fat people in medieval times? those people pretty much just ate LARD... and if anything people in GW2 should be fatter since there are portals everywhere..., also yeah as you said, so why cant there be people in a fantasy game that are also fat and strong?, its just how i envision my character and would be a shame if i couldn't make him at least noticeably fat

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 06:41 PM ----------


    i'm okay with it then :P and i suppose if people mean *a wild snorlax* appears fat then.. nah they'll be out of breath before they reach an enemy..
    Well there weren't fat people as we have fat people now (like McDonald regulars), period. However, they did have people that were on the bigger side but they were all higher class, and were entirely non existent in the lower class, and were very rare in the middle classes of society.

    However, what you're wanting to go for was totally there so you shouldn't have a problem making one... and i'm not sure if the portals would make a lot more fat people in tyria lol, never thought of that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome vilhelm1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well there weren't fat people as we have fat people now (like McDonald regulars), period. However, they did have people that were on the bigger side but they were all higher class, and were entirely non existent in the lower class, and were very rare in the middle classes of society.

    However, what you're wanting to go for was totally there so you shouldn't have a problem making one... and i'm not sure if the portals would make a lot more fat people in tyria lol, never thought of that!!
    they still weren't fat because of a lack of food, they just often had some form of disease or parasite. as said by Stephan fry

  14. #34
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    And since when did logic got anything to do with a fantasy game fighting mechanics? I repeat..a fantasy game.
    the whole "its fantasy so logic doesnt matter" argument is illogical and stupid

    im tired of people using it
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the whole "its fantasy so logic doesnt matter" argument is illogical and stupid

    im tired of people using it
    Aaw. Better stop argue against it then
    Since magic in itself is a illogical it makes your resistance against it a fallacy.
    But hey, lets not argue anymore. You can protest all you want and I can whine all I want about not being able to make fat chars.

    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i agree with this thread, i want a stocky looking guardian, as for "fat people cant be fighters" i'd like to refer you to the worlds strongest man competitions, the majority of them seem to have very little actual muscle tone, most of them look plain fat, but i doubt you'd want to mess with one

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 05:43 PM ----------


    i want to look like these ingame
    OT: Yes! Thats what I am talking about. So big and strong that you are almost fat. Now some pics of teh females plox
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    OT: Yes! Thats what I am talking about. So big and strong that you are almost fat. Now some pics of teh females plox
    I'm fat but not strong, so my picture wouldn't necessarily fit here. Besides, I'd likely get sued if I posted it publicly.

    But for example these two seem terribly strong, they'd definitely whoop some asses here:

    - Hand: n., A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody's pocket. - Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post

    [/COLOR]
    i'm okay with it then :P and i suppose if people mean *a wild snorlax* appears fat then.. nah they'll be out of breath before they reach an enemy..
    Lmao that made me laugh. But really there is no reason there can't be fat /strong people I didn't mean to make my post sound like no fat models at all though lol. I think if it was an option most people wouldn't pick the fat models and so it would make things seem more realistic with only a few people playing fat characters.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    Aaw. Better stop argue against it then
    Since magic in itself is a illogical it makes your resistance against it a fallacy.
    But hey, lets not argue anymore. You can protest all you want and I can whine all I want about not being able to make fat chars.
    i dont care about you wanting fat toons

    why is magic "illogical"? in most fantasy settings magic can best be described as another fundamental force of the universe akin to the strong force, the electromagnetic/weak force and gravity

    in addition many magical effects (evocations especially) can be explained using physics the only leap you need to make is the possibilities of people being able to manipulate matter, such as making molecules vibrate to produce fire, making them slow down to create cold and forcing a current of electrons to create electricity

    if you're so opposed to magic in games maybe you should stick to MW3
    Last edited by Glytch; 2011-11-24 at 07:43 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  19. #39
    As someone stated, if small gnome-like creatures (Asura's, gnome-like in height at least) can hit as hard as say.. A Norn, then a fat dude running around in plate armor doesn't seem that insane.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Those guys aren't straight up fat though. The human body can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time because both use too much energy so fat people actually build muscle way easier than skinny people unless you have really good genes. I wouldn't want extremely fat models ingame because it is in a medieval setting and wouldn't make much sense to have really fat people anyway because of the lack of food. Now chubby models I could deal with.
    Isn't one of the character creation options something along the lines of 'from royalty'... Even in 'medieval' times, nobles, landowners, anyone-with-money, were noticable due to their chubby nature... Or perhaps it's just that every movie has always portrayed them this way... If you can afford the food, you eat it... apparently very messily : )

    Also, the clipping excuse is just dumb... Fat people really don't have issues with doorways... Though I suppose part of the problem, already pointed out, is the definition of 'fat' is subjective...

    And fat may be related to fit, but it's not the same thing... Plenty of 'fat' people are also fit, and can act accordingly, but I agree that it's the exception, not the rule : )

    Lastly, consider Kevin James (The King of Queens)... Hefty man that does a LOT of physical acting... And for those old enough, that comedy actor that was on coke... lemme check imdb... Chris Farley... Even bigger (I think), and a physical actor.

    -Alamar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •