Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I couldn't give less of a damn if I tried, whether people are offended by.. well, anything. They're entitled to, of course they are, but blurting it out in YouTube, or public forums, is simply wasting my time.

I'm perfectly able to waste my own time, I'll have you know!

OMG I F-ing love this thread! Cause I know exactly what you're talking about. People can't ever turn heads away or NOT purposely misinterpret what's said or done to feel like they've been personally attacked. It's either a supertrend or what is called... CONFIRMATION BIAS. That's the phrase.

Since group A sees group B get offended easily by things they may not even be related to (such as "Black Friday" is racist), then they join in, too, because they can get benefits from it. There's nothing like having a trump card to have things go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    People need to stop linking that guy.

I also think it's hilarious that this same guy was crying over the view ladies laughing at the guy who lost his dick. Clearly he was offended.
    His point was gender equality in the US. If a group of males where to laugh at the genital mutational of a woman; they would seen as abhorrent beasts. I don't think he was offended by it, more so he was pointing out the hypocrisy of feminists.

I also think it's hilarious that this same guy was crying over the view ladies laughing at the guy who lost his dick. Clearly he was offended.
    He has right to. He wasn't being offended (well technically yes he was, but not in the same way) at the fact the ladies did that. The point of his video was to show the hypocrisy in our society when it comes to sexism. He was showing how things like that are completely acceptable, for an idiotic reason, and society accepts it. However, he mentioned how if it were the opposite, society would flip. What if say a man broke a woman's nose and ribs because she wanted to divorce him, then a group joked about it on national television. Obviously people would see a problem with it. However, they joked about CHOPPING a man's penis off, and everyone was laughing about it. The only reason they gave an apology was because many men's rights activists said how completely inappropriate it was.

TL;DR: He wasn't exactly offended that they were joking about the woman chopping her husband's penis off, he was offended how if the situation was reversed, it would be an extremely offensive thing, and nobody would joke about it.

I'm not a fan of the guy, nor do i know his views on a lot of subjects, but he wasn't offended at the ''cackling cunts'' , laughing about the poor guy that got his things chopped off.

He was talking about the ridiculous hypocrisy that happens in *America (i'm not bashing american, i'm stating what he says in his video), of course this happens in other places as well...

The point still stands - To show how stupid and hypocrits people really are. It's fine for a black guy to tell me i'm a fucking nazi white spit piece of shit, but if i refer to that guy as , simply, Black, some people will rage.

It' fine for a woman to laugh at a guy that had his penis chopped off, and humiliate him on television... Really? Have you even thought about that? What if that happened to you?

Why is it right for a woman to do this, specially when they want to be treated equally. If you demand ''equal rights'' then like he says, we should be able to laugh about women having their clitoris chopped off.

*Not that i think any of these situations should be laughed at, it's just to show the extreme of things.

You either accept both sides mocking it, or you don't.

---------- Post added 2011-11-24 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    OMG I F-ing love this thread! Cause I know exactly what you're talking about. People can't ever turn heads away or NOT purposely misinterpret what's said or done to feel like they've been personally attacked. It's either a supertrend or what is called... CONFIRMATION BIAS. That's the phrase.

Since group A sees group B get offended easily by things they may not even be related to (such as "Black Friday" is racist), then they join in, too, because they can get benefits from it. There's nothing like having a trump card to have things go your way.
    oh thank you =P

15+ Year Old Account

Casually mentioning mutilation as some sort of action that can be undone easily or has little practical impact on anyone's bodies. Nice. Are you a lizard that can grow severed parts back? Also, nicely done on commenting over something when you obviously didn't watch it. Same goes for the OP. TAA isn't bitching about people overusing the "offended argument", but on how people act AFTER they are offended. Being offended is natural in this age of mass communication. Instead of gaining as much distance physically or intellectually from the phenomenon which offended them, they instead choose to bitch about it. Now of course there are certain categories upon which you certainly must act in different ways, but the general consensus is that people can use common sense, and no tyrannical police state is needed.

Which brings me to the point i wanted to make, finally. Bitching about gay marriage is useless. On the other hand, bitching about one sex casually mentioning mutilation of opposite sex and laughing about it, not so useless. Difference. What that guy says is in general common sense. And it's sad that he can make money from preaching common sense. It really is. But some people need a reality check.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Deleted
    This man says it all :

You sound offended. Do you find him offensive? Tough, because he makes good points.

His point wasn't that it was offensive, but that a double standard is allowed to exist where women are allowed to mock mutilation on men but if a man did it he'd be branded a sexist bigot. Easy to understand? Apperently not for some people.

And people need to be offended more. Because they suck at handling it. If you can't handle doing something (often completely harmless and not involving you at all) or saying something or being something, then you need to grow the hell up because the world isn't your playbox.

And very likely, a lot of people find you offensive too. Even if you don't mean it. Especially if you don't mean it. People by their nature are offensive.

Deal with it.

At 4.50 a cat or something runs past on the fence behind him lolol

Whatever happened to "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me?" Skelington learned that when he learned to speak.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're offended... You should look at the ''Offended'' page on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Im innoscent.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Yeah, it's pathetic. It's now a crime in the UK to use words which may cause harassment, alarm or distress. I can't help but think "grow up".
    Yeah. Problem being is that the wording means I can't use that law if I'm offended by something like how much perfume women coat themselves in (infact, sometimes it borders on physical assault because its so bloody strong) or young men showing their boxer shorts because they refuse to pull their trousers up, or the crap spewing out of cars that go down the road or the horrible noise mopeds make.

It should be all or nothing. Unless you're threatening assault or damage of property, you should be free to say or do whatever. And everyone is free to ignore it or call them out on their bullshit.

Crying about it and censoring things? Yeah, that offends me most of it. But I don't go running to a higher authority to change things for me, because I deal with it.

Btw constant infractions on mmo-champion are because people cant take anything and get offended over everything xD

What's worst is when you tell someone the truth. Then they get all offended.
    PEWPEW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    This man says it all : <snip>
    100% this, the world is full of people who just love to complain. (I think there's a tad of irony in my comment)
    Last edited by mmoc8c32716f2c; 2011-11-24 at 04:11 PM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I could ban one word from ever being used again, it's "offensive". I am so allergic to that word.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I hardly care.. What annoys me more is another trend.
    Being offensive and when you get replies yelling "I'm not being offensive, you are just offended and that is your problem!"

Yes, some people are too easily offended and shouldn't whine that much.
    But on the other hand there are tons of people BEING offensive because it has no 'real' consequences.
    The way I view it is each person individually has the right to be offended at what your saying, and if that person is then its your responsibillity to apologise...or well be a phallus.

It's like when I see bullys say, what thats not bullying! Last I checked bullying should surely be defined on if the person feels degraded etc about what there saying/the situation, not what the bully is saying in itself.

When you're complaining because you're being offended by the fact that someone else takes offence...
    You're doing it wrong.

Seriously; how hard can it be to be considerate of someone else's feelings? I understand that sometimes, it is necessary to be offensive. In such cases, it serves a very important purpose. But honestly; think about other people and how things like social stigmas, sexism, racism, religiously harmful expressions (meaning things like 'you'll burn in hell, you sinner' and such) affects them.
    It's really not that hard.

Edit: I don't mean you shouldn't do things that might offend people that have no relation to you or the thing you are doing. Those people should simply not be offended since it's none of their business.
    Last edited by Stir; 2011-11-24 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Yeah. Problem being is that the wording means I can't use that law if I'm offended by something like how much perfume women coat themselves in (infact, sometimes it borders on physical assault because its so bloody strong) or young men showing their boxer shorts because they refuse to pull their trousers up, or the crap spewing out of cars that go down the road or the horrible noise mopeds make.

It should be all or nothing. Unless you're threatening assault or damage of property, you should be free to say or do whatever. And everyone is free to ignore it or call them out on their bullshit.

Crying about it and censoring things? Yeah, that offends me most of it. But I don't go running to a higher authority to change things for me, because I deal with it.
    /agree, this is what I don't understand about racism. If you want to be equals then pushing yourself forward infront of everyone else and telling them to treat you the same because your different surely isn't the right way to go about it, and to then give these people special oppertunities in colleges etc showing there different again.

Don't get my wrong I dont agree with racism or anything, I've had friends of various ethnic backgrounds, but highlighting the differences is hardly making everyone equal. It reminds me of the sports presenter getting fired from the bbc for OFF-AIR footage which shouldn't of even been shown, however women on Loose Woman can go on and talk about men as much as they want.

Again, /agree it should be all or nothing.

Seriously; how hard can it be to be considerate of someone else's feelings? I understand that sometimes, it is necessary to be offensive. In such cases, it serves a very important purpose. But honestly; think about other people and how things like social stigmas, sexism, racism, religiously harmful expressions (meaning things like 'you'll burn in hell, you sinner' and such) affects them.
    It's really not that hard.
    You would be surprised. I remember watching a video some years back about a woman food vendor who would call everyone "honey" when taking their order. Someone complained that they were offended and she lost her job. Do you think that's something legitimately offensive?