what sort of FPs will i get? will it last through university?

Hey guys,

I have been allocated £800 to spend on a new laptop for my time in university, i currently own a clapped out toshiba which is incapable of partaking in any raid due to FPS dropping below 1 (old and doesn't have dedicated graphics and overheats running sims 1)

I have found that dell do a 17" xps for £899 and i have a friend who regularly finds me 10% off coupons taking it to roughly £800. Here is the spec:

PROCESSOR 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
    OPERATING SYSTEM English Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    LCD 17.3"(44 cm) HD+ WLED True-Life (1600x900) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera
    GRAPHICS CARD 3GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M Graphics Card
    MEMORY 6144MB (1x2GB, 1x4GB) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel SDRAM
    HARD DRIVE 1TB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Dual HDD - (2x500GB)

A few questions, firstly what sort of FPS can i expect? will this last 3 years through university? Can anyone find anything better at a similar price?

thanks in advance

It's not a proper gaming GPU. The CPU is fairly good, one of the best you can get by todays standards. Nice big resolution (anything compared to 1366x768 in a laptop is, in my opinion).

Raiding 10s or 25s? They should handle it, but it would be a stretch in 25 - as with all notebooks.

Thanks for the post, my guild just casual raids 10 man, and i would like to see the content for 4.3, i am not a serious raider so i dont want to be running super high FPS etc, but i would settle for say 15-20 FPS on medium settings.

I just don't want to buy this and then a year down the line i am unable to raid as my FPs is back to 1...

I don't have plans to play many other games except maybe SWTOR and mist of pandas, as long as this would run these fairly reasonably i would be a happy man