Deleted

[Spoilers] Jedi Knight: act III

So saw this on the swtor forum earlier and went wtf. Heavy spoiler warning so only click the blackend text if you're ok with spoilers. Same with the video.

Apparantly at the end of act III in the Jedi Knight storyline you defeat the emperor...
    I know the character we play are the heroes and all but a lone Jedi Knight kills the emperor... the strongest darkside force user that has stayed in power for over a millenia?

Now in act II you faced the emperor too and lost even with 3 other jedis at your side and apparantly in act III when you kill him he's weakened because you interupted some ritual but cmon... For a Bioware game that's extremely bad writing.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpnJeYVvhps

Yea, when I heard about that...it was very disappointing, from both a Republic and Empire standpoint. From the Republic...very anti-climactic and lame. From the Empire standpoint...do we even get to SEE the emperor...ever? The Republic kills nearly 50% of all major Empire characters in this game, and Empire kills 3 of Republics? The stories sure are epic, but the ending is weak and flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Try looking up the jedi consular act 3 ending. The two (knight and consular) stories work together explaining why that's possible. I wasn't too thrilled with it either and thought it was cheap, but meh. I was pissed about the Revan story, too, but I only saw that out of context without the quests leading up to it or reading the book. I'm hoping it's better once I see the full story. Somehow, I doubt it's really over, though. There's patches and expansions to expand on it futher, but the emperor has to go for Palpatine to enter the picture later ... unless he is Palpatine. O.o There's also Malgus's ending which you should look at, too. Do remember, this is Star Wars. Just because someone's body died doesn't mean they're gone forever. Force ghosts and sith spirits will likely be a common sight in the game by the time the first expansion hits.

I just hope we don't get a lot of "____ was merely a setback."

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Try looking up the jedi consular act 3 ending. The two (knight and consular) stories work together explaining why that's possible. I wasn't too thrilled with it either and thought it was cheap, but meh. I was pissed about the Revan story, too, but I only saw that out of context without the quests leading up to it or reading the book. I'm hoping it's better once I see the full story. Somehow, I doubt it's really over, though. There's patches and expansions to expand on it futher, but the emperor has to go for Palpatine to enter the picture later ... unless he is Palpatine. O.o There's also Malgus's ending which you should look at, too. Do remember, this is Star Wars. Just because someone's body died doesn't mean they're gone forever. Force ghosts and sith spirits will likely be a common sight in the game by the time the first expansion hits.

I just hope we don't get a lot of "____ was merely a setback."
    Yea, there's death of major characters, and then there's major characters being weakened to 1/4 power just to continue the story. But, for the Emperor, I feel it's lame that he dies before the Empire even gets to see him? Am I wrong about that?
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    I'm hoping it's better once I see the full story. Somehow, I doubt it's really over, though. There's patches and expansions to expand on it futher, but the emperor has to go for Palpatine to enter the picture later ... unless he is Palpatine.
    Forget about Palpatine, he is not even close the be born. This game's set 3643 years before BBY (Battle of yavin - Episode IV)
    or soemthing like 3559 years before palpatine birth. You'll not see the charactes of the movies there.

i think he wasent actualy killed acording to the sith war storyline, since you receive a mail from the hand saying that the voice i think was the one that was killed so the emperor was in isolation recovering.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    So saw this on the swtor forum earlier and went wtf. Heavy spoiler warning so only click the blackend text if you're ok with spoilers. Same with the video.

Apparantly at the end of act III in the Jedi Knight storyline you defeat the emperor...
    I know the character we play are the heroes and all but a lone Jedi Knight kills the emperor... the strongest darkside force user that has stayed in power for over a millenia?

Now in act II you faced the emperor too and lost even with 3 other jedis at your side and apparantly in act III when you kill him he's weakened because you interupted some ritual but cmon... For a Bioware game that's extremely bad writing.

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpnJeYVvhps
    You need to play the Sith Warrior side (all the way through Act III) to see what actually happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post

Bioware made you believe he is dead.. I think they did a pretty good job then

10+ Year Old Account
    The Emperor is not dead. In fact, this Emperor lives on and dies sometime in the next 3 Thousand Years. More of the story is revealed through the Sith Warrior storyline.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Deleted
    After Revan, the Exile and Scourge almost defeated the Emperor, he saw that he was vulnerable, so from that point on he started to possess other people and interact with everyone from these hosts called "Voices of the Emperor". In Darth Tanathon's webcomic, Teneb Kel is introduced to the Emperor by Darth Marr, and the Emperor looks like a Human. In the Sith Warrior storyline, we learn that his most recent Voice is a Voss, which he took to get a hold of their unique powers (quite like how he used Revan to have access to the light side of the Force). The Voice meets its end at Voss, and the Emperor has to take a new one.

When the Jedi Knight fights the Emperor, he is a old looking human. The republic (and the player) doesn't know about the Voices etc, they think you fought the real Emperor, but in the Revan novel we discover that he is a Sith Pureblood. His true, original sith pureblood body is still intact. He was smart to do this, as the Jedi Knight (with T7's help!) managed to defeat him.

However, altough you have not killed him, he is very weakened and has to take time to recover. Scourge was not there to battle the Emperor, he couldn't identify the body, and he says he'll stay with the Jedi Knight until he's sure the Emperor has been dealt with, which shows he has doubts about his defeat.

Sources : Revan novel, Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight storylines (and in-game mails ), SWTOR Encyclopedia...

Also You can't do Kiras last quest until the end of act III. That quest gives you a hint...

I actually think that they did this well. Pre-nerf the fight with the Emperor (or at least his voice) was the most challenging/enjoyable solo fight I've had in an MMO, and while the difficulty is not what it was, it is still a really fun fight, really epic way to end my favorite SWTOR class story.

As far as balance, and a lone Jedi Knight (and his astrodroid) defeating the most powerful Force user in history... Scourge's vision only saw you defeating him. It didn't say how, or when, or whether the Jedi would have help. Just that one day a champion would eventually rise up and do the job, and as it turned out you were able to succeed over the likes of Revan, Exile and Scourge due to the Emperor's weakened state. You're not the new chosen one, you're a slightly stronger than average Jedi who succeeded due to the right combination of circumstances.

And I don't think this is weak writing. I think its actually very similar to when the Exile fought Darth Nihilus, after he'd been severely weakened due to being baited into a trap and without any Jedi essence to consume, his hunger eventually consumed him. In the same way, the Emperor is preparing a ritual to gain godlike power through the deaths of millions... except you stop all of the plots and he's suddenly invested all of his strength into an endeavor which did not bear fruit. Leaving him weakened. And since you'd already faced him and survived, you are prepared to resist his mind control. I see no problem with how the encounter played out.

And of course, as other people have mentioned, the Emperor is not dead. I don't know if the Empire characters will ever get to have a quest involving him, hopefully the Sith characters, though it makes less sense for an Agent or a Bounty Hunter to see him. But he'll be back.

Deleted
    a week ago i got a bit curious on how the entire sith story now actually was and i found the part about the sith emperor to be quite interresting.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    I actually think that they did this well. Pre-nerf the fight with the Emperor (or at least his voice) was the most challenging/enjoyable solo fight I've had in an MMO, and while the difficulty is not what it was, it is still a really fun fight, really epic way to end my favorite SWTOR class story.
    Jedi Knight was my first playthrough all the way back in launch. How did they nerf the final encounter?