Deleted

No honor gear before 7/12 (if patch is next week)

So.. if patch is releasing next week 29/11..

the season10 ends. and we cant play arena/ratedbg until the start of next season, but.. can we FARM honor gear and buy the new 390 ruthless between these days?

or do we have to wait 1 week before we can start farm new gear

10+ Year Old Account
    New ruthless gear will be available on patch day. There's a blue post. Someone will find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...10-ending-soon

However, s10 ruthless will be available for this week for their respective honor points (their previous conquest cost). I'm not sure if the ruthless weapons will be available right away, but last season they were but you have to grind out 7xxx honor before unlocking them. The week or two after and when s11 starts, the NEW higher ilvl s11 gear will be available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    New ruthless gear will be available on patch day. There's a blue post. Someone will find it.
    Yep. :D

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arena and Rated Battleground Season 10 is scheduled to end November 29. At that point we will determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards, a process that should take approximately one week. It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Ruthless Gladiator’s Twilight Drake to refrain from transferring their characters to another realm or faction until after Season 10 ends. During the break between seasons, all Rated Battleground and Arena matches will be unavailable.

At the end of the season, Conquest Points will be converted to Honor Points, possibly exceeding the 4,000 point Honor cap. All Season 10 items will cost Honor Points (equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost) when the season ends, with the exception of any items with rating requirements attached. These items will no longer be available for purchase.

Please be aware that higher ilvl PvP items will be introduced and available for Honor points with patch 4.3.

The next Arena and Rated Battleground season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the end of Season 10 and will coincide with the awarding of Season 10 titles and mounts. At that time, any Honor accrued above the 4,000-point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point. In addition, Season 11 rewards will be made available for purchase with Conquest Points awarded during the new season. Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings will all be wiped when Season 11 begins.
    I can't post any links, tho.

Oh anddd.. Bashiok pretty much said that the patch will be Nov 29th, but who knows. :D

Deleted
    Either way you look at it, there will be a week inbetween the new season and the old season where the OLD Ruthless gear will be available for purchase with Honor points.

It will not be until after this transition period, i.e. start of the new PvP season, that the NEW Ruthless gear is avaible with Honor points.

Wether or not this week of transition starts at the 4.3 release, or a week before is unclear. I personally think 4.3 will come next week, so the season will start the week after (which is when the new level 390 gear is available for Honor), but not sure.

Basically what i'm saying is that, no, you will not be able to buy new 390 Ruthless on the 29th of November.

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    <snip>
    I'm gonna have to say maybe. As they did not say it, you cannot say it's a definitely, considering last season when they did do that there was a huge outrage. xD So just wait until the 29th and we'll see. I mean, you're probably correct, and the outrage was more-so they didn't tell anybody, but yeah.
    Last edited by crylo; 2011-11-25 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    The only thing they did last season to cause an outrage was replace the season 9 Vicious gear with new season 10 Vicious gear, without warning people. Hence, in the transition week before the new season, everybody spent their honor on gear that was replaced with better stuff a week later.

They will be doing this exact same thing again, and it has been clarified by a blue post (5 mins of searching will find it, I found a couple easily enough). There is no way they will release the season 11 Honor gear BEFORE the start of the new season. The only bit that's sceptical at this point, is the start date of the next season and the release date of the next patch (these two events also potentially unrelated).

Edit to say, yes I get your point, nothing is set in stone with Blizzard :P But this time they have given people warning about the new gear, and so everybody knows to keep 4000 HP for the start of next season (maybe )

The only thing they did last season to cause an outrage was replace the season 9 Vicious gear with new season 10 Vicious gear, without warning people. Hence, in the transition week before the new season, everybody spent their honor on gear that was replaced with better stuff a week later.

They will be doing this exact same thing again, and it has been clarified by a blue post (5 mins of searching will find it, I found a couple easily enough). There is no way they will release the season 11 Honor gear BEFORE the start of the new season. The only bit that's sceptical at this point, is the start date of the next season and the release date of the next patch (these two events also potentially unrelated).

Edit to say, yes I get your point, nothing is set in stone with Blizzard :P But this time they have given people warning about the new gear, and so everybody knows to keep 4000 HP for the start of next season (maybe )

"Please be aware that higher ilvl PvP items will be introduced and available for Honor points with patch 4.3."

Seems you're wrong. Last time was a mess up, not the start to a new pattern.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2011-11-25 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    No

What i'm saying is that the new honor gear WILL NOT be released before the time of the season 11 start. Here, you are assuming the new season will coincide with 4.3. And also, in this announcement, it says "With patch 4.3" not "At the time of release of 4.3", if you get my meaning.

Seriously, search on the PvP forum stickies, somewhere in there either a Blue or a Green has layed out the process real simple. The new honor gear will not be released before the start of the season.

Edited: A few typos, meant befor enot at
    Last edited by mmocc2eb32b347; 2011-11-25 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crylo View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Please be aware that higher ilvl PvP items will be introduced and available for Honor points with patch 4.3.
    There would be no point clearing that up if both Ruthless 384 and 390 would be available at the same time, nor point having them exist simultaneously.

Current season ends 29/11 and Ruthless 384 costs Honor Points
    Next season starts 6/12 and new Ruthless 390 (or 391?) costs Honor Points
    Patch day can be any of those dates, and does not change any of the above. I believe it would be 6/12 following same trend in last patch.

<snip>
    Well, looks like they're going to be killing my gearing up for a week then. Lol.

Simply because it says "Season 11" on it, when in reality you would prepare for a tournament ahead of time.. not at the start. Oh well. :P
    Last edited by crylo; 2011-11-25 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    Here we go, it's on the EU forums.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986408896

Q: Will they introduce a higher tier of Ruthless gear again once season 11 starts, like they did last season, or will the current Ruthless gear be the final set?

A: They will once again introduce slightly better gear with slightly increased stats once season 11 starts. So once season 10 ends, we will be able to buy all Ruthless gear (except for the gear with rating requirements) from the Honor vendor. Then once season 11 starts, this gear will be removed from the vendor and replaced with gear called "Ruthless season 11", with slightly better stats but the same looks and name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manthrax View Post
    There would be no point clearing that up if both Ruthless 384 and 390 would be available at the same time, nor point having them exist simultaneously.

Current season ends 29/11 and Ruthless 384 costs Honor Points
    Next season starts 6/12 and new Ruthless 390 (or 391?) costs Honor Points

Patch day can be any of those dates, and does not change any of the above. I believe it would be 6/12 following same trend in last patch.
    This is how it will be. You won't be getting IL 390 before season 11 accually starts.

If the Ruthless 384 comes to Honor points this tuesday. Then does that mean that the Ruthless weapons will be buy-able with Honor Points this Tuesday?

There's no point of waiting on the weapon since the weapon doesn't upgrade to S11. & Isn't there usually a 7800 Seasonal Honor point restriction on the weapon?

Deleted
    Not sure actually, but if I were to guess I would say a couple of things:

A: Blizzard won't make it that easy to acquire the weapon right before the start of a new season.

B: If there is an honor requirement, it will be for season 11, which won't have started yet.

I doubt you will get the weapon before grinding into season 11.

omg why are you writing dates like that im sitting here wondering what the hell does July 12th have to do with anything

Edit: Meant July
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2011-11-26 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    omg why are you writing dates like that im sitting here wondering what the hell does June 12th have to do with anything
    People in other parts of the world do dates different than US does.

Deleted
    Little endian form says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Edit: Meant July
    You were right the first time.

6/12 would be June 12th.

But, he meant December 12th.

Unless you purposely 'corrected' yourself? xD

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    "Please be aware that higher ilvl PvP items will be introduced and available for Honor points with patch 4.3."

Seems you're wrong. Last time was a mess up, not the start to a new pattern.
    Even if they released it on the last week of 4.3, that statement would be true.

If it's anything like last season, the higher ilvl gear will be 6th dec.