10+ Year Old Account

MoP Warlocks + Warsong/TP = OP?

You guys think those Warlock portals will play a major role in capture the flag BGs? Or will Blizzard do something like make their portals attackable by the other team so you dont have a 10 warlock team with portals stretching from one flag spawn point to the other?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You guys think those Warlock portals will play a major role in capture the flag BGs? Or will Blizzard do something like make their portals attackable by the other team so you dont have a 10 warlock team with portals stretching from one flag spawn point to the other?
    you can do that with priests to, doesn't mean you do it, and we haven't seen this spell yet, imo it's lame its the same thing as demonic portal.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    5sec cast time, and if you need to cast it twice? Yeaaaaah..

10+ Year Old Account
    The other team would just kill the warlocks,forcing Dark portals to disappear, so lock team will have big problems with keeping portal link. But anyway this spell will surely bring some new strategies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be fun in rated battlegrounds, teleporting from one side of the map to the other side.
    With proper placement we'll be getting 10-20sec caps

Perhaps you won't be able to use them with the flag, much like you can't mount/immune and the like. That's what I'd like to see happen.

It has a 70 yard range so... it's not that good, it's exactly like demonic portal except other people can use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well considering the current portal has a 30 yard range, I wouldn't exactly call them the "same spell." On the other hand, I would assume you drop the flag on entering, as a paladin would if he bubbled, etc. I play a lock as my main, and I think this spell will be pretty cool, but I plan to use it in many non-combat situations. Either way, it will be beneficial I'm sure. I pvp only now, but if you posted that up at the front of a raid, maybe if mid trash pull someone died they could get right back into combat. I dunno, just a thought. I can assure everyone it is nothing like the current portal, and both of them will be mutually exclusive if the spell goes live as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt Blizz would let the spell go live and create a situation where completely OP stuff would be possible, but even in the case they would there is 1 simple solution: Kill the lock. No lock = no portal

I doubt Blizz would have the portals survive the locks death, that would be a new level of OP never before seen in the game.

You seem to only consider that a portal next to both flags are the way to place portals?

Have you considered a Lock "hiding" a portal in the bushes? or a building? Drastically cutting back the distance you have to run with the flag. But it can easily be fixed, using the portal drops the flag, leaving it behind at the portal.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive seen three dks do a coordinated deathgrip chain on flag carriers to get a kill. bros ends up all the way down the tunnel lol, anyway, its plausible but doesnt mean it happens all the time. same with something like lifegrip chains and other sorts.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't summon in BGs, so I imagine it'll be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE