Loving the priest talents.

So i just tried to use the new calculator from a spriest pov, and jesus i just cant decide! their idea of "no spec is the official best specc" really worked out perfect!
    i can see how the different abilities will be best in different situations, but overall there is no best spec afaik!

the only problem i can see is how you will/might have to change spec according to the fights.

how do you think it have worked out so far ?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Tier 1 makes me feel indifferent. It's a choice, just not a meaningful one.
    Tier 2 is a good idea, but B&S is very superior to Levitate-move, and Phantasm is PVP only. So there is no real choice.
    Tier 3 isn't so good. Archangel is broken for Holy, Divine Star is crap fr Shadow, and From Light is incredibly bad. You will find something useful in there, but it's not a choice.
    Tier 4 is another good idea with bad execution. DP is great, but not for shadow. Bulwark screams "disc only" and final prayer isn't on par with DP
    Tier 5 is utter perfection. Best talent choice in the game, hands down. I love it.
    Tier 6 is filled with incredibly fun toys. But they aren't well balanced. And shadow may have a word about the final tier being devoted to healing mechanics.

Overall, I am very happy. But that doesn't mean it cannot be improved.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a thread for discussing the new talent here
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Mind giving Resto druids some of your OP talents :P We need some

Warcrafter:
    Priest T5 is great because any build would want all three talents equally much. All three talents being roughly equal in power for all three specs, and all of them are good. You'll end up lying awake thinking "oh, but I want that one tooo! This is such a hard choice!". THAT is what makes the talent selection so great. Ultimately, it probably doesn't matter too much which one you chose - that's down to playstyle and situation and how much you can take advantage of your selection. But it's a though choice, and will impact your game notably. And that is what makes it great.

The fact that the talents are "OP" - ie, massively impacting playstyle and a notable jump in power is certainly helping for the choice, and is the major difference between T1 and T5 in my opinion. But cross-class balance isn't necessarily hindered by this. It just means that a druid will be naturally strong at healing, while a priest will need to rely on their T5 talent selection to be strong at healing. In the end, a normal druid should equal a priest abusing their T5 talent selection. it will be balanced, Though priests must abuse their T5 talent selection in order to get there.

So be careful what you wish for

That said, I much prefer the priest T5 design of talents in this regard. And I wish you all luck in getting a similar design. Now is the time to offer feedback to blizzard saying how this should be improved! But druid talents are going to be tricky, having three times six talents to cater to four specs equally much.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post

That said, I much prefer the priest T5 design of talents in this regard.
    That how most talent tiers should be, ideally, for each class and each tier. A hard choice where you do miss the option you don't pick. That makes the choice meaningful. But I understand that's hard to balance and make, since it's hard to weigh off passive abilities versus active and such.
    Resurrected Holy Priest