Deleted

Crew Skills - Which Three Will You Take!

Hello everybody,

I have recently been giving Crew Skills a bit of time trying to decide which ones to take. We have a nice variety of choice and as far as I can make out nothing provides "THE BEST" in a stat increase. (although I may be wrong)

Basically, out of the following which three will you choose? And for what Class, Advanced Class, Spec?

Archaeology

- Provides crystals that can be used for lightsabers and armor for Force users.
    - Gathering skill, providing materials for Artifice and Synthweaving.

Artifice

- Construct lightsaber modifications, armor over- and underlays, focii, feet and wrist items for Force users.
    - Crafting resources obtained through Archaeology.

Synthweaving

- Construct armor for Force users.
    - Crafting resources obtained through Archaeology.

Scavenging

- Gathering skill, providing base materials for Armormech, Armstech and Cybertech.

Armormech

- Construct armor for non- Force users.
    - Crafting resources obtained through Scavenging.

Armstech

- Construct blasters and blaster modifications.

Cybertech

- Construct droid armor, earpieces, grenades, armor over- and underlays, electro weapons, generators, feet and wrist items for non- Force users.

Bioanalysis

- Gathering skill, providing base materials for Biochem.

Biochem

- Craft medical supplies, performance- enhancing chemical serums and biological implants.
    - Crafting resources obtained through Bioanalysis.

Diplomacy

- Influence your Light or Dark Side standing as well as raise Affection rating with companions.
    - Possible rewards include rare light armor crafting materials.

Investigation

- Raise Affection rating with companions.
    - Possible rewards include rare medium armor crafting materials and prototype schematics for all crafts.

Treasure Hunting

- Possible rewards include rare gemstones for earpieces, focii, blasters and electro weapons.

Underworld Trading

- Possible rewards include rare heavy armor crafting materials.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for myself I am going to play a Jedi Knight, Jedi Guardian, Immortal Spec (Tank) and I am really unsure on what I am going to take, although I am looking along the lines of: Archaeology, Artifice and either Investigation or Synthweaving.

What about you guys?

Hey there. My character is going to be a Bounty Hunter Powertech (Tank). My crew skills will be Scavenging and Armormech and either Underworld Trading or Cybertech.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly you can only have 1 crafting profession, so you cant take artificing and synthweaving together.

As to what I want.. I'm not even sure what class to play yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcrae View Post
    If I remember correctly you can only have 1 crafting profession, so you cant take artificing and synthweaving together.

As to what I want.. I'm not even sure what class to play yet
    Oh silly me! straight from the swtor.com !

"you’ll be able to select one Crafting skill for your crew to master."

Looks like decision is between Artifice/Synthweaving for me

I'm doing Synth/Arch/Underworld Trading as those three work together. I'm going to hopefully make another char asap with artifice/arch/treasure hunting because I love the whole mods thing.

Also, your information is a little outdated. In a recent patch, they changed some of the gathering & mission skills to feed into different crafting skills than they originally did (it's a lot simpler now, actually). I redid the arrows of a crafting flowchart that a lot of people have seen and used as a reference. I don't remember where it came from, so it's shamelessly recycled: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36732284/craftingskills.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    My Tankasin will have Artifice, Archeology and Treasure hunting.

That way I can use treasure hunting to find the things, Arch to dig em up and Artifice to turn em into cool shit
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres Splicing?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    bio chem / bio analysis + something, probs a gathering profession thats good for bounty hunter gear, so i can get the mats then find a crafter

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true you can have all of the [Diplomacy, Investigation, Treasure Hunting & Underworld Trading]?
    :S I forget where I heard it but I thought they were going to be like first-aid/fishing and you could pick them all up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what I choose for myself, three of the following: Scavenging, Arsmtech, Treasure Hunting and Underworld Trading.

Will be playing a DPS Trooper Commando.

Cybertech also can craft Vehicles(mounts)

15+ Year Old Account
    Going Sith Sin DPS or Tank ( not sure which. ) and going the standard Art/Treasure/Arch. Wanted to take slicing, but it wasn't that interesting when I tried it in Beta. I'll try again this week end and decide if I'll be dropping treasure for it or not.

Deleted
    I'm planning on making a SI Sorcerer and will be looking into Archaeology, Artifice and Treasure Hunting because I think they all go well together. Someone told me you can make a lot of money from Splicing on the beta atm but I don't think that will be the case long term.

Currently planning on scavenging,armormech and underworld trading for my trooper.
    I also think Diplomacy,Investegation and underworld trading would be a cool set as well.Would have no crafting then however.
    Last edited by Doriath; 2011-11-25 at 05:52 AM.