Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there is also the Azio Mech4 which would be a perfect match to the RAT7/9 if it didn't have a tiny backspace:
    Looks really interesting... But that backspace does indeed suck.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    there is also the Azio Mech4 which would be a perfect match to the RAT7/9 if it didn't have a tiny backspace:
    [IMG]http://images.gizmag.com/gallery_lrg/azio-levetron-mech4-keyboard-0.jpg[IMG]
    I /facepalmed so hard at that backspace key I hurt my face, it was looking like an awesome keyboard
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I dont get the hype around mechanical for GAMING. For typing it makes sens. But for gaming???
    I look at all the movies on Youtube and see all the "gaming hardware reviewers" pressing the keys all the way down. As far as I understand, the big advantage of mechanicals is the 2mm stroke registration... why press full key? And to be honest I don't think gamers will ever press the keys half way. I have seen typing contests where people doing 150+ wpm were working wonders on mechanicals, but gamers always press them hard to the bottom like ordinary rubber domes.

I got hyped about them too. I afford any mechanical, but to me they seem more and more a marketing gimmick when it comes to gaming.

I have only used old mechanicals when I was younger. Switches can fail too, so the 50 million mark is theoretical limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    I dont get the hype around mechanical for GAMING. For typing it makes sens. But for gaming???
    I look at all the movies on Youtube and see all the "gaming hardware reviewers" pressing the keys all the way down. As far as I understand, the big advantage of mechanicals is the 2mm stroke registration... why press full key? And to be honest I don't think gamers will ever press the keys half way. I have seen typing contests where people doing 150+ wpm were working wonders on mechanicals, but gamers always press them hard to the bottom like ordinary rubber domes.

I got hyped about them too. I afford any mechanical, but to me they seem more and more a marketing gimmick when it comes to gaming.

I have only used old mechanicals when I was younger. Switches can fail too, so the 50 million mark is theoretical limit.
    well im on my second mechanical now, and they are worth it, its not so much about the life time of the switch or how good it is for gaming, but about how they feel, and they feel awesome, after using one, normal rubber domes just feel like cheap junk, and considering that your peripherals are more important then your computer itself, a mechanical should be on your priority list

http://geekhack.org/

ALL your keyboard needs.

Can even install a program with audio files to pretend/try out a potential keyboard before you buy. (Soundwise)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I see a lot of people make comments like "Real gamers have to use mechanical keyboards" etc.
    I think the problem here is that people like to talk up their revelations to the nth degree. I have a Steelseries 6gv2, and I do prefer it to my old generic keyboard in pretty much every way. That being said, it did not suddenly make me a better gamer nor can I really do anything on it that I could not on my old keyboard. It feels nicer and is a fair bit more responsive(definitely notice this in FPS) but it is not the second coming of Jesus in the keyboard world.

I think the answer here is to go and try one for yourself. You know you may not even like mechanical keyboards at all. If that is the case it will not suddenly put you on a lower rung when compared with everyone using mechanical ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real gamers don't use keyboards at all. They duel wield Naga's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Haha I want to see someone playing like that now.

badass!
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with the "Use what you're used to" statements. While I think that I would really, really prefer a mechanical keyboard for the feel, I don't buy them cause I'm cheap, and you can't miss something if you've never had it in the first place. I've always played on $15 logitech keyboards while gaming, and never had issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I'm in exactly same boat with exactly same G110. Corsair Vengeance K60/K90 comes closest and should be available next week. It uses the lightest possible Cherry MX Red switches which could be a good or a bad thing.
    If light or not might be personal opinion, but i have to warn you, that the MX Red has no tactile feedback whatsoever. It is a totally linear switch, so you need to bottom out every keystroke, which kind of goes against the reason to use a mechanical keyboard.

(As a reference for the following: I am also a piano player with strong fingers, so keep in mind, that i might prefer a little bit heavier keystrokes as most other people. I am also currently using a Cherry G83 keyboard since about 10 years, which i would label as a high quality rubber dome keyboard with a pretty heavy keystroke compared to most other brands)

I work in a computer store, and we had the corsair keyboards (K60/90 and some of their other new gaming stuff) in the store since about a week ago. And as i am also currently in search of a mechanical keyboard i seized the opportunity to try them out.
    - They both look good, while i would prefer the K60 for it's plainer looks (I don't care much for extra keys and fancy stuff)
    - Overall quality seems to be very good. Very solid and no twisting and stuff.
    - They are quite heavy with decent rubber stands, which causes them to stay in place, even if you abuse them.
    - They use Cherry MX Red switches, which makes them absolutely non-tactile and very light.

Conclusion (for me): If they had MX Brown or MX Clear switches (maybe even MX Blue), i would be typing on the K60 right now. But the MX Reds are not for me.

On a side note:
    Someone can recommend a mechanical keyboard for me? My requirements:
    - Cherry MX Brown or Clear Switches
    - Looks can be totally plain. Preferable light colored keys (e.g. white or gray), or black with lighting
    - No need for extra keys other than standard 105 layout. But please no weird 2 column layout for the DEL/END/PAGE block.
    - price: not much more than 100 euros.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem though, finding a keyboard that's "perfect" for someone is like trying to find them a pair of "comfortable" headphones - it's completely up to them. Which is why I wish stores had all these products on display so we could atleast press a few keys and get the feel. I recently had a sad encounter with a pair of headphones, which I KNOW I wouldn't have bought if I had only been able to try them out. Other people's feedback was the only thing I could go on, and while it does work out 90% of the time there's still a chance it's just not for you. And not many stores are happy refunding just because you changed your mind.

Thanks Biernot, we need more people working in computer stores like you who can poke around new products and give us some direct info

I'm also looking to upgrade my G110 because I play a lot of shooters (basically abuse WASD) and the soft nature of these keys means I don't get a full response back from them when pressed - I want to know exactly when I've pressed the key, that "precision" is lacking with the G110.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-12-31 at 10:01 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Conclusion (for me): If they had MX Brown or MX Clear switches (maybe even MX Blue), i would be typing on the K60 right now. But the MX Reds are not for me.
    That's kinda what I was worried about too. Haven't find any decent alternatives with MX brown switches which would be my first choice to try based on the technical information available. Black and red that are used in most gaming keyboards just sound pointless without the tactile feedback.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Allow me to english this up for you bro, since every post here is wordy as hell.

Real pro's of keyboard are secretaries, and every one I know (the good ones anyhow), loves a mechanical keyboard.

Keyboards are a lot like rifles.

Newer assault rifles often have a rear bolt assist spring, to help the light weight bolt close. BUT, make sure it closed right.

Older battle rifles, like the 7.62 variety, closed with no doubt, you could feel that sucker slam home (hope your fingers weren't in there)

The difference is: you can feel when things connect, without checking, you KNOW where it's at.

So, next time you see a secretary with a mechanical keyboard, that's what you call a seasoned vet.
    Salute her/him, and always call them Sarge, not sir/ma'am (they work for a living)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I use a naga in my right hand and a nostromo in my left. No real keyboard at all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im rocking the Razor Black Widow Ultimate. I will never go back to a non mechanical keyboard ever