Spirit Shell - New Disc Spell?

I tried searching for a thread about this, but I can't find anything. Check out Grace on the new talent calculator. It says it effects "Spirit Shell", but not heal. Maybe it's disc's new spam heal? Maybe it heals for about half of what heal does and puts an absorb shield on them.

This was mentioned at BlizzCon. It's some kind of casted shield. I'm assuming it's either considerably stronger than PW:S, considerably more efficient than PW:S and spammable, or it affects multiple targets. But yeah, it was mentioned at BlizzCon as adding another shield to the Discipline arsenal.
    Last edited by Lecktor; 2011-11-24 at 03:10 AM.

Most probably it's something that replaces Heal for discipline.

Was mentioned as a castable (spammable) absorb without a weakened soul effect so probably replaces heal.
    looks nice imho

Like people above have said. It is intended to be the Heal to Power Word: Shield's Flash Heal.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

I have some doubts about this, it'll be amazing if most encounters in DS have really predictable AoE damage patterns. But, imagine if PW:S were your spammable heal - lots of your absorbs would just expire without ever being used. In 4.3 content, I find myself running into this issue. Last week on Beth, I had a couple close calls in my lane, and the topside disc priest sniped a number of my PW:S on the bottom tank. Damn her for doubling me on Rapture returns!

Basically, a large number of my shields went to lane soakers. Greater than 40% overheal on PW:S according to WOL (16% overall), because thanks to RNG I just have no way of predicting who is going to take damage next on that fight, and sometimes shields just EXPIRE on the bottom side tank (drones hit like a wet noodle, now, unless they eat).

Possible ways of making it a non-issue? Make spirit shell's duration long enough that duration really is no concern. 30 seconds to a minute should suffice.
    Maybe there are other ways of addressing that problem.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2011-11-26 at 05:16 AM.

Well, most likely it seems that it would be the Heal equivalent, so that means spamable, so duration is a non-issue, most likely.

I used "most likely" too much. Damn, productive speculating is hard.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

I'm happy that we will have a new shield and it will be affected by grace and hopefully our mastery!!!(could mean way bigger numbers then heal) but at the same time I think it will be useless unless you're tank healing .

We had (have?) the same problem with the DA part of PoH. Back then I proposed to make subsequent PoH casts on the same targets turn previous DAs in direct heals leaving only the new one behind. That way both the issue of expiring shields after having to get groups back up from low live and abusing huge precastet DA shields would be dimished while still having the benefit of (a sensible amount of) additional absorbs.

The same could be done here. Just have the remaining absorb of the Spirit Shell buff turn into a direct heal when it expires as well as when a subsequent Spirit Shell is cast on the same target. Since Spirit Shell is supposed to be the equivalent of "Heal" and thus a small, efficient and spammable heal it should be ok to prevent the cast from totally being wastet if the absorb is not used shortly. (Just make the duration short enough.) After all, we loose our hot, too, and can't benefit from Vampiric Dominance while using it either. (We might benefit from Vampiric Dominance twice with Atonement if we get it at all, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    We had (have?) the same problem with the DA part of PoH. Back then I proposed to make subsequent PoH casts on the same targets turn previous DAs in direct heals leaving only the new one behind. That way both the issue of expiring shields after having to get groups back up from low live and abusing huge precastet DA shields would be dimished while still having the benefit of (a sensible amount of) additional absorbs.

The same could be done here. Just have the remaining absorb of the Spirit Shell buff turn into a direct heal when it expires as well as when a subsequent Spirit Shell is cast on the same target. Since Spirit Shell is supposed to be the equivalent of "Heal" and thus a small, efficient and spammable heal it should be ok to prevent the cast from totally being wastet if the absorb is not used shortly. (Just make the duration short enough.) After all, we loose our hot, too, and can't benefit from Vampiric Dominance while using it either. (We might benefit from Vampiric Dominance twice with Atonement if we get it at all, though.)

Actually a pretty cool idea, im okay with the current PoH but for spirit shell it would definitely work.