Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Are class and faction populations balanced or is everyone a Sith Inquisitor?

I wonder if any current players could share some feedback on the faction/class population imbalances in this game. From what I've read so far, Sith are generally considered a "cooler" faction by most people. It's not surprising, since most fans of the movies tend to prefer the Empire over the Rebels. Personally, I also gravitate toward a Sith Inquisitor, since I have a predictable taste and I always play casters.

So, are some classes or roles overplayed/underplayed? Does one faction tend to have a larger playerbase than the other? Are there servers, where one of the factions is almost non-existant, like in a certain other popular MMO?

15+ Year Old Account
    i played a warrior in wow so naturally i went towards the sith warrior

SI has a serious chance at being the most popular class in the game.

Pity, as I really enjoy it.

I'm not playing Empire on this build but a month ago SI were by far the most popular class, specially the Sorcerer. They have very flashy animations, cool armor and companions and their story is very exciting. BH was also very popular but IA and strangely enough the SW weren't so hot.

From what I've seen it's quite balanced actually.

But I guess it's a bit true that Sith Inquisitor is popular, because well... Both the advanced classes are well-known from other games. Sorceror being the mage class, and Assassin the rogue class (Although Imperial agent/smugglers melee/stealth trees are more like the wow-rogue).

Then there's also the fact that Sorcerors can heal aswell, and the assassin can also tank.

Couple this with "I WANNA SHOOT LIGHTNING OUT OF MY HANDS LIKE TEH EMPEROR IN TEH MOVIEZ" and "OMGEH I WANE B LIEK DARTH MAUL", then yes, you get a popular class.

i wanted a SI.. but as far as i know everybody else too... lol i ll have to play a diferent class

I doubt anyone can say if the faction populations are balance or classes. Horde was the most popular side on the forums when WoW was coming out and it turned out to be the underdog.

Sith inquisitors are a extremely popular choice in the beta atm, especially pvp players.

Just roll Sage. Same class, less lightning.

Deleted
    They do seem the most popular on polls. Don't think it's because of the companions, they don't seem that interesting to me

10+ Year Old Account
    The force lightning is too awesome to pass up for most people.

Ehh, I honestly didn't find their playstyle fun for me, loved trooper/bh most, then jk/sw... The other 2 werent my favorite.... Which opinion, so IM not saying they sucked, just didn't like then much. I'm sure I'll roll them as alts eventually, but I was born to be a trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anexis View Post
    They do seem the most popular on polls. Don't think it's because of the companions, they don't seem that interesting to me
    Khem Val is a sexy devil. Take that back!

Joking aside, I think SI's ARE the most popular class, but by a lesser margin than you would expect. Looking at forum polls of people who haven't played yet, you tend to see a HUGE discrepancy. Looking at beta weekends, not nearly as much. I also believe I saw a poll on the beta forums about which class you plan to play now and at the time all of the classes were within 4% of each other--that's pretty freaking balanced imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellery View Post
    Khem Val is a sexy devil. Take that back!

Joking aside, I think SI's ARE the most popular class, but by a lesser margin than you would expect. Looking at forum polls of people who haven't played yet, you tend to see a HUGE discrepancy. Looking at beta weekends, not nearly as much. I also believe I saw a poll on the beta forums about which class you plan to play now and at the time all of the classes were within 4% of each other--that's pretty freaking balanced imo.
    Yeah, I agree with a lot of this. Once people get their hands on the game and start playing, things will tend to balance themselves out quite well. Heck, I was interested in the Inquisitor, until I played one this past weekend. I simply don't enjoy their storyline, or the entire Sith culture for that matter.

Imperial Agents seemed to be a LOT more enjoyable, and the Bounty Hunter was simply awesome.

As I have done with other mmo's, I will play the faction with the least amount of people. Why? Well simple you see... as a PvP God (self proclaimed), I need many, many pawns to slaughter, and having twice as many opponents helps with this

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    As I have done with other mmo's, I will play the faction with the least amount of people. Why? Well simple you see... as a PvP God (self proclaimed), I need many, many pawns to slaughter, and having twice as many opponents helps with this
    There are same faction warzones. (i.e. Republic vs. Republic) Just fyi.

10+ Year Old Account
    SI's are lame... JC's are baws. The only imperial class I'm going to roll is IA cause I gets to be a sniper, otherwise its JC, JK, and SM, maybe Trooper, I doubt it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that Empire outnumbers Republic close to 2:1 in the first month after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was going to roll something different due to too many people already going SI, but, meh, UNLIMITED POWER!!!!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Sith Warrior for me, why would more ppl play a SI then SW? isn't darth vader a SW? "INC star wars fans throwing rocks at me" if im wrong.