Deleted

LFR Tool simple question

I know that it prolly got asked already and/or was said in a blue but i totally missed it and sarching on google or here i can't find my answer so i'll ask u MMO-C community to bless me with knowledge i need =P
    Will the LFR tool allow players to "auto-pug" also the previous cata raids or only the DS one? (to be clear, could i pug BoT/BWD/Tot4W/FL with LFR?)
    And as i already opened a topic for only 3 sentences i'll add also, as i'm not able to check ptr atm, new 5mans are in a separate category like ZA/ZG?

5mans are in a different category and LFR is only for the new DS raid and only in "25 player" mode.

Deleted
    Uhm i did miss also the "25 man only" part... not realy a fan of 25 mans... but well that's another argument that don't fit here, thanks for the infos =D

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    25 is better for LFR for one simple reason. In 25 mans you can carry 3-4 people in 10 mans you cant carry anyone. Since at least 7-8 people queuing for LFR are going to be flat out horrible the more people you can carry the better.

Ooh ooh the old Naxx25 runs... good times, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    25 is better for LFR for one simple reason. In 25 mans you can carry 3-4 people in 10 mans you cant carry anyone. Since at least 7-8 people queuing for LFR are going to be flat out horrible the more people you can carry the better.
    plus 25 mans have a higher percentage of DPS spots than 10 mans, which will mean faster queues for DPS

Deleted
    Those reasons are wrong. They do it because they can mix the classes easier. This was explicitly said.

The DPSes are not more, they are 2.5X, the failers are not more, they are 2.5X.

Notice also that the system does dynamic allocation of number of healers etc.

Yeah, Blizzard is making an LFR level of difficulty because they are expecting more fails to be in the raids, it has nothing to do with size, the same number of fails are queueing either way.
    Arrows from Afar - A hunter's perspective on LFR raiding

Another question about the LFR tool.. can you make a 10man raid (or even bigger) and then queue up as a group to get the rest... or is it limited somehow?

Notice also that the system does dynamic allocation of number of healers etc.
    No it doesn't. The system is set on 2 tanks, 6 heals, and 17 dps. The reason it's 25 man only is be cause Blizz has said that class balance is less important in 25 man. You can get 25 random people and odds are you will cover most buffs and have decent melee/range balance. Though the system does not look at class only role. I had a LFR where we got 8 druids. They covered every area but it was still a lot of orange on my raid frames. The good news is the fights are so toned down on LFR that you don't have to worry about 1 person screwing up and wiping everyone. Most "death" mechanics don't kill you and as long as you have a few people who know the mechanics of a fight you'll probably make it through.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahe View Post
    I know that it prolly got asked already and/or was said in a blue but i totally missed it and sarching on google or here i can't find my answer so i'll ask u MMO-C community to bless me with knowledge i need =P
    Will the LFR tool allow players to "auto-pug" also the previous cata raids or only the DS one? (to be clear, could i pug BoT/BWD/Tot4W/FL with LFR?)
    And as i already opened a topic for only 3 sentences i'll add also, as i'm not able to check ptr atm, new 5mans are in a separate category like ZA/ZG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Another question about the LFR tool.. can you make a 10man raid (or even bigger) and then queue up as a group to get the rest... or is it limited somehow?
    1. LFR is Dragon Soul only, they have stated that they may one day extend it to older raids, but nothing is guaranteed.

2. You can queue with any number of players in your group or raid including real-ID friends cross-server.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Deleted
    I think DS too easy to get gear from xoxoxo :>

aren't there any trashdrops in DS LFR mode? or drops the Dragonfire Orb lfr version (wich i couldn't find on wowhead or anywhere else) anywhere else?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurok View Post
    aren't there any trashdrops in DS LFR mode? or drops the Dragonfire Orb lfr version (wich i couldn't find on wowhead or anywhere else) anywhere else?
    There are no trash drops at all in DS.

so where do you get this form? Dragonfire Orb

Deleted
    From normal Dragon Soul. Alcatraz_ ment that there are no trash frops in LFR mode.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Normal mode from within DS, Some items have a LFR Label within the files however they are not implemented. An example would be the LFR Mochok axe however that's not in LFR due to LFR of DS of weapons only dropping in DS is Deathwing's weapons and apparently Hagara's dagger for a rogue which doesn't make sense because It's a weapon for rogues.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnuk View Post
    From normal Dragon Soul. Alcatraz_ ment that there are no trash frops in LFR mode.
    Yes thank you

All World Drops from Trash are having item Levels of 397 and that is only applicable from DS Normal/Heroic mode trash. The Dragonfire Orb for example would be the BIS off-hand for caster dps but it will never drop in LFR Trash so the best available for those only doing LFR would be the FL versions or the one from HoTs.

Do note that the Loots dropping from LFR are much reduced list from the DS Normal/Heroics. Eg, the Axe and Mace from Morchok Normal and Heroics does not drop in LFR.